ADVERTISEMENT

Trump admits separating families is a political stunt

Law’s been on the books since 1997. Don’t like it? Work to change it. Don’t criticize the people who are just enforcing the law.

What law? There is no law that requires parents to be separated from their kids.

This is why it’s a problem when the Cheeto lies. Dumb fvcks like you will believe it

Last edited:
What law? There is non law that requires parents to be separated from their kids.

This is why it’s a problem when the Cheeto lies. Dumb fvcks like you will believe it

AMEN

It's absolutely fvcking amazing what these Trumpanzees will be bamboozled into believing is true. LMFAO.

45 stands in front of a camera claiming this situation is the fault of the Democrats, when in true reality, it is his own policy that has initiated this cruel abuse of separating children.

This thread:

giphy.gif

Reactions: nctransplant
AMEN

It's absolutely fvcking amazing what these Trumpanzees will be bamboozled into believing is true. LMFAO.

45 stands in front of a camera claiming this situation is the fault of the Democrats, when in true reality, it is his own policy that has initiated this cruel abuse of separating children.
Billy, I think your pure hatred of Trump has made you irrational. Many Dems are unable to be open minded about anything to do with Trump.

Once again you resort to childish name calling. Take your meds.

Billy, I think your pure hatred of Trump has made you irrational. Many Dems are unable to be open minded about anything to do with Trump.

You’re a moron. It was a bold face lie. Just because you’re too lazy to fact check the dotard doesn’t mean that others aren’t “open minded.”

I was open minded about 45 in the beginning, until I heard about Gen. Flynn's connections with the Russians and his lying to the VP.

I was shocked to see and hear of his firing of James Comey and then him telling on camera it was because of this 'Rusher Thing' . . and how he props up Putin, Xi and Kim Jong Un while belittling Merkel, Trudeau, Macron and most of Mexico.

I'm sorry that you think I have no respect for 45, but, it's because I have good reasons to do so. I have said this before and continue to think that he is just a lying, fat, lazy slob and a racist to boot, and undoubtedly the sort of a person that thinks only of himself. If, you believe my thoughts of 45 are wrong, so be it, but, that's my feelings . .

Do you think the rest of the World adores him . . ? No way, no how, but, maybe, you don't care . .

Do I H8 the man . . yes, I do . . and I feel really good about it.

Reactions: SorryNotSorry
My #1 issue with Trump is that when you're elected President, you no longer represent just your party or those that voted for you. You're the President of all of America and you have to make decisions and be the voice for all Americans.

The greatest Presidents floated more toward the center when they became President (Teddy R being the best example) because they understood this. Trump has done the opposite.

My #1 issue with Trump is that when you're elected President, you no longer represent just your party or those that voted for you. You're the President of all of America and you have to make decisions and be the voice for all Americans.
Agreed.

The greatest Presidents floated more toward the center when they became President (Teddy R being the best example) because they understood this. Trump has done the opposite.
Disagree that he's done the opposite. He's exactly where he started. He hasn't done anything he said he wouldn't do, good or bad. At the time people just didn't care or want to listen.

That’s a good poast and I too have a strong affinity for Teddy. I especially liked Teddy’s thoughts on immigration.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

“We cannot make the Americanization movement a success,” Colonel Roosevelt said, “unless we approach it from the economic standpoint. It is true that governmentally Germany is an autocracy. But there has been a great deal more industrial freedom there than many of our old industrial communities. The German Government says we expect you to work out good results, to get together with the laborer, and yourselves decide what you are going to pay to the doctors who are to pass upon the health of the employes, and the amount of damages any employe merits. The Government insists upon a great amount of self-government by the people themselves.

“I feel that by insistence upon proper housing conditions we shall indirectly approach this. I want to see the immigrant know that he has got to spend a certain amount of his money in decent housing; that he will not be allowed to live on $2.50 per month board basis.

“Let us say to the immigrant not that we hope he will learn English, but that he has got to learn it. Let the immigrant who does not learn it go back. He has got to consider the interest of the United States or he should not stay here. He must be made to see that his opportunities in this country depend upon his knowing English and observing American standards. The employer cannot be permitted to regard him only as an industrial asset.

“We must in every way possible encourage the immigrant to rise, help him up, give him a chance to help himself. If we try to carry him he may well prove not well worth carrying. We must in turn insist upon his showing the same standard of fealty to this country and to join with us in raising the level of our common American citizenship.

“If I could I would have the kind of restriction which would not allow any immigrant to come here unless I was content that his grandchildren would be fellow-citizens of my grandchildren. They will not be so if he lives in a boarding house at $2.50 per month with ten other boarders and contracts tuberculosis and contributes to the next generation a body of citizens inferior not only morally and spiritually but also physically.”

“The effort to keep our citizenship divided against itself,” the colonel continued, “by the use of the hyphen and along the lines of national origin is certain to a breed of spirit of bitterness and prejudice and dislike between great bodies of our citizens. If some citizens band together as German-Americans or Irish-Americans, then after a while others are certain to band together as English-Americans or Scandinavian-Americans, and every such banding together, every attempt to make for political purposes a German-American alliance or a Scandinavian-American alliance, means down at the bottom an effort against the interest of straight-out American citizenship, an effort to bring into our nation the bitter Old World rivalries amd jealousies and hatreds.”

“If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn’t doing his part as an American.“

I would be curious as to Teddy’s feelings on what’s currently going on.

That’s a good poast and I too have a strong affinity for Teddy. I especially liked Teddy’s thoughts on immigration.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

“We cannot make the Americanization movement a success,” Colonel Roosevelt said, “unless we approach it from the economic standpoint. It is true that governmentally Germany is an autocracy. But there has been a great deal more industrial freedom there than many of our old industrial communities. The German Government says we expect you to work out good results, to get together with the laborer, and yourselves decide what you are going to pay to the doctors who are to pass upon the health of the employes, and the amount of damages any employe merits. The Government insists upon a great amount of self-government by the people themselves.

“I feel that by insistence upon proper housing conditions we shall indirectly approach this. I want to see the immigrant know that he has got to spend a certain amount of his money in decent housing; that he will not be allowed to live on $2.50 per month board basis.

“Let us say to the immigrant not that we hope he will learn English, but that he has got to learn it. Let the immigrant who does not learn it go back. He has got to consider the interest of the United States or he should not stay here. He must be made to see that his opportunities in this country depend upon his knowing English and observing American standards. The employer cannot be permitted to regard him only as an industrial asset.

“We must in every way possible encourage the immigrant to rise, help him up, give him a chance to help himself. If we try to carry him he may well prove not well worth carrying. We must in turn insist upon his showing the same standard of fealty to this country and to join with us in raising the level of our common American citizenship.

“If I could I would have the kind of restriction which would not allow any immigrant to come here unless I was content that his grandchildren would be fellow-citizens of my grandchildren. They will not be so if he lives in a boarding house at $2.50 per month with ten other boarders and contracts tuberculosis and contributes to the next generation a body of citizens inferior not only morally and spiritually but also physically.”

“The effort to keep our citizenship divided against itself,” the colonel continued, “by the use of the hyphen and along the lines of national origin is certain to a breed of spirit of bitterness and prejudice and dislike between great bodies of our citizens. If some citizens band together as German-Americans or Irish-Americans, then after a while others are certain to band together as English-Americans or Scandinavian-Americans, and every such banding together, every attempt to make for political purposes a German-American alliance or a Scandinavian-American alliance, means down at the bottom an effort against the interest of straight-out American citizenship, an effort to bring into our nation the bitter Old World rivalries amd jealousies and hatreds.”

“If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn’t doing his part as an American.“

I would be curious as to Teddy’s feelings on what’s currently going on.

Yeah, studying Progressive Era immigration is pretty fascinating. They took jobs in very poor conditions (factories in the pre and immediate post-Sinclair era were freaking death traps) and Teddy passed legislation like the Meat Inspection Act which helped immigrants. Immigrants actually assimilated into our culture better than those immigrants of today. I think it's part of the reason their children/grandchildren became some of the leaders of America in the 40's/50's/60's.

Teddy would have been up in arms with certain things (press 1 for English as an example) but I think at his core he understood the benefit legal immigration provided America.

I know we are talking about immigration, but outside of that, Teddy's ability to see the other side of issues was legendary. A hunter who started the conservation movement. A war hawk that won the Noble Peace Prize. He wouldn't allow people to identify him as a Republican after he was elected President because he felt that he wasn't just that anymore.

Trump could really use some of that.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
These kids are living better than our own poor, and our veterans.
Even if that were true it is entirely beside the point. Poor children are not being separated from their parents and incarcerated by the government simply for being poor. The same holds true for veterans.

Reactions: SorryNotSorry
I'll take "Rejected Names for the Statue of Liberty" for $200, Alex.
F*#k the Statue of Liberty. There was no check from the taxpayers treasury waiting as soon as you jumped off the boat back then. Those immigrants actually had to work their asses off to manage a life, imagine that. Today, if you cross over you get free healthcare, free school, and free housing at the expense of those that don’t suck at life.

Reactions: chickenhunter
I agree with everything except your last statement. The Dems have been encouraged to participate in the process but have chosen to be obstructionists on a level I've never seen before. I can't think of a single Dem who has voted for a single Republican proposal. They vote in lockstep like a bunch of lemmings.

Agreed.

Disagree that he's done the opposite. He's exactly where he started. He hasn't done anything he said he wouldn't do, good or bad. At the time people just didn't care or want to listen.
Exactly, he's the product of the nation being sick and tired of politicians. He never could have been elected if Americans weren't disgusted with Washington politics. Middle America, or the "deplorables" as Clinton called them, got tired of being ignored.

F*#k the Statue of Liberty. There was no check from the taxpayers treasury waiting as soon as you jumped off the boat back then. Those immigrants actually had to work their asses off to manage a life, imagine that. Today, if you cross over you get free healthcare, free school, and free housing at the expense of those that don’t suck at life.

Wtf are you talking about. Have you ever actually met an immigrant?

Pretty sure if I would have done something illegal I would have been separated from my kids.

Yeah they would for sure detain and incarcerate your children if you broke the law. That’s definitley how things work.

Pretty sure if I would have done something illegal I would have been separated from my kids.

That's really all that needs to be said and it's true. That's the bottom line of this whole thing but the now they all want to act like they care about children.

Yeah they would for sure detain and incarcerate your children if you broke the law. That’s definitley how things work.
I’m pretty sure if I go to Australia with my kids, minus a passport, they will detain and hold my kids until my ass is deported.

Try again fuktard!

You would be kept with your kids during that process, which is exactly what the entire developed world does.

You are seriously one of the dumbest people on this board.
I would not be kept with my kids during that process because I would not subject them or myself to it. Now, if you care about your own family then inform them of the current policy and ask them to remain in Mexico.

I would not be kept with my kids during that process because I would not subject them or myself to it. Now, if you care about your own family then inform them of the current policy and ask them to remain in Mexico.

You seriously are an idiot. That was your thought experiment. And you can’t even follow it through to it’s logical conclusion.

Little Donnie better fix this in a hurry. The last thing he needs is for this to still be an issue going into the midterms.

Little Donnie better fix this in a hurry. The last thing he needs is for this to still be an issue going into the midterms.

It appears there are a lot of republicans that are totally against this policy he has engaged in . . and of those, quite a few are being outspoken about it.
His tariffs will continue to be a major mistake, but, this action of taking kids from their parents is going to hurt him even more . .

#winning

It appears there are a lot of republicans that are totally against this policy he has engaged in . . and of those, quite a few are being outspoken about it.
His tariffs will continue to be a major mistake, but, this action of taking kids from their parents is going to hurt him even more . .

#winning
Yeah, I expect the market to take a hit from all this tariff crap. We’ll just have to wait and see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT