ADVERTISEMENT

Trump & Hillary

Could you generalize any more? Does that make you the "young, minority woman, liberal, Islam is best, Democrats only, peace at any cost" voice of reason? Give me a freakin' break.
No... it just means you're an old man who is set in his ways. This place is loaded with them. Does that not sound flattering to you? Is that inaccurate? Change it about yourself... I dare you. Or don't. But, don't deny it.

And, thanks for offering the dichotomy. I'm not the antithesis to all of them. I'm just describing it as I see it.

P.S. I thought it was the perfect amount of generalization. There was very, very little (if any) in my statement. Take it point-by-point and let's get a head-count.

Last edited:
13903270_176524476101342_438568565925802523_n.jpg

No one helped me out for the last... 4-5 years. This is the old, white guy, conservative, Protestants-Know-God-Best, Republicans-only farm. Praise the lord and pass the ammo-types. How many men do you know that 1) never admit they're wrong, and 2) suddenly, after the age of 50, find humility?

Like I said earlier, this is like watching my two nieces fighting after one got scolded for insulting the other one. "Stop teasing your sister!" and then "Well, she called me ugly first!."

Let's just keep condoning evil and pretending we're electing the "lesser evil." That is working perfectly. See how perfect everything is using that method? No improvements needed anywhere. It's perfect for people who make a few million a year!

Well you're smarter. I can't help you with this stuff. You just seem to know history well and I figured you'd know how to explain this to them.

You're right though, it's like a bunch of girls having a hissy fit in here sometimes.

I think '92 thinks I support Hillary just because I think Trump is a train wreck about to happen but I don't.

Well you're smarter. I can't help you with this stuff. You just seem to know history well and I figured you'd know how to explain this to them.

You're right though, it's like a bunch of girls having a hissy fit in here sometimes.

I think '92 thinks I support Hillary just because I think Trump is a train wreck about to happen but I don't.
I'm not smarter than ANYONE! I may articulate my thoughts differently from others, or uniquely... maybe. But, I'm not smarter than anyone else.

I'm not smarter than ANYONE! I may articulate my thoughts differently from others, or uniquely... maybe. But, I'm not smarter than anyone else.

Okay you articulate better than I.

They only see what they want to see anyway. You can't fix "not so bright and very stubborn" anyway.

See @heelbent I am not calling names.... Well sort of not lol xoxo

Reactions: heelbent
I'm going to bring the level of discourse in this thread up a notch.

13975473_776220970364_4589684107022964508_o.jpg

(Disclaimer: This is not my story. But I had to share it.)

So, last week, something pretty tragic happened in our household. It's taken me until now to wrap my head around it and find the words to describe the horror. It started off simple enough - something that's probably happened to most of you.

Sometime between midnight and 1:30am, our puppy Evie pooped on our rug in the living room. This is the only time she's done this, so it's probably just because we forgot to let her out before we went to bed that night. Now, if you have a detective's mind, you may be wondering how we know the poop occurred between midnight and 1:30am. We were asleep, so how do I know that time frame?

Why, friends, that's because our Roomba runs at 1:30am every night, while we sleep. And it found the poop. And so begins the Pooptastrophe. The poohpocalypse. The pooppening.

If you have a Roomba, please rid yourself of all distractions and absorb everything I'm about to tell you.

Do not, under any circumstances, let your Roomba run over dog poop. If the unthinkable does happen, and your Roomba runs over dog poop, stop it immediately and do not let it continue the cleaning cycle. Because if that happens, it will spread the dog poop over every conceivable surface within its reach, resulting in a home that closely resembles a Jackson Pollock poop painting.

It will be on your floorboards. It will be on your furniture legs. It will be on your carpets. It will be on your rugs. It will be on your kids' toy boxes. If it's near the floor, it will have poop on it. Those awesome wheels, which have a checkered surface for better traction, left 25-foot poop trails all over the house. Our lovable Roomba, who gets a careful cleaning every night, looked like it had been mudding. Yes, mudding - like what you do with a Jeep on a pipeline road. But in poop.

Then, when your four-year-old gets up at 3am to crawl into your bed, you'll wonder why he smells like dog poop. And you'll walk into the living room. And you'll wonder why the floor feels slightly gritty. And you'll see a brown-encrusted, vaguely Roomba-shaped thing sitting in the middle of the floor with a glowing green light, like everything's okay. Like it's proud of itself. You were still half-asleep until this point, but now you wake up pretty damn quickly.

And then the horror. Oh the horror.

So, first you clean the child. You scrub the poop off his feet and put him back in bed. But you don't bother cleaning your own feet, because you know what's coming. It's inevitable, and it's coming at you like a freight train. Some folks would shrug their shoulders and get back in bed to deal with it in the morning. But you're not one of those people - you can't go to sleep with that war zone of poop in the living room.

So you clean the Roomba. You toss it in the bathtub to let it soak. You pull it apart, piece-by-piece, wondering at what point you became an adult and assumed responsibility for 3:30am-Roomba-disassembly-poop-cleanups. By this point, the poop isn't just on your hands - it's smeared up to your elbows. You already heard the Roomba make that "whirlllllllllllllllll-boop-hisssssssss" noise that sounds like electronics dying, and you realize you forgot to pull the battery before getting it wet. More on that later.

Oh, and you're not just using profanity - you're inventing new types of profanity. You're saying things that would make Satan shudder in revulsion. You hope your kid stayed in bed, because if he hears you talking like this, there's no way he's not ending up in prison.

Then you get out the carpet shampooer. When you push it up to the rug - the rug that started it all - the shampooer just laughs at you. Because that rug is going in the trash, folks. But you shampoo it anyway, because your wife loved that damn rug, and you know she'll ask if you tried to clean it first.

Then you get out the paper towel rolls, idly wondering if you should invest in paper towel stock, and you blow through three or four rolls wiping up poop. Then you get the spray bottle with bleach water and hose down the floor boards to let them soak, because the poop has already dried. Then out comes the steam mop, and you take care of those 25-ft poop trails.

And then, because it's 6am, you go to bed. Let's finish this tomorrow, right?

The next day, you finish taking the Roomba apart, scraping out all the tiny flecks of poop, and after watching a few Youtube instructional videos, you remove the motherboard to wash it with a toothbrush. Then you bake it in the oven to dry. You put it all back together, and of course it doesn't work. Because you heard the "whirlllllllllllllll-boop-hissssssss" noise when it died its poopy death in the bathtub. But you hoped that maybe the Roomba gods would have mercy on you.

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel. After spending a week researching how to fix this damn $400 Roomba without spending $400 again - including refurb units, new motherboards, and new batteries - you finally decide to call the place where you bought it. That place called Hammacher Schlemmer. They have a funny name, but they have an awesome warranty. They claim it's for life, and it's for any reason.

So I called them and told the truth. My Roomba found dog poop and almost precipitated World War III.

And you know what they did? They offered to replace it. Yes, folks. They are replacing the Roomba that ran over dog poop and then died a poopy, watery death in the bathtub - by no fault of their own, of course.

So, mad props to Hammacher Schlemmer. If you're buying anything expensive, and they sell it, I recommend buying it from them. And remember - don't let your Roomba run over dog poop.

They only see what they want to see anyway.
That describes all of us.

I do my best to TRY and have empathy and see it from the other person's point of view. But, in my mind, I feel like what I am saying makes more sense to me. I don't think anyone here expects the others to see it their way just because they said it.

I'm going to bring the level of discourse in this thread up a notch.

13975473_776220970364_4589684107022964508_o.jpg

(Disclaimer: This is not my story. But I had to share it.)

So, last week, something pretty tragic happened in our household. It's taken me until now to wrap my head around it and find the words to describe the horror. It started off simple enough - something that's probably happened to most of you.

Sometime between midnight and 1:30am, our puppy Evie pooped on our rug in the living room. This is the only time she's done this, so it's probably just because we forgot to let her out before we went to bed that night. Now, if you have a detective's mind, you may be wondering how we know the poop occurred between midnight and 1:30am. We were asleep, so how do I know that time frame?

Why, friends, that's because our Roomba runs at 1:30am every night, while we sleep. And it found the poop. And so begins the Pooptastrophe. The poohpocalypse. The pooppening.

If you have a Roomba, please rid yourself of all distractions and absorb everything I'm about to tell you.

Do not, under any circumstances, let your Roomba run over dog poop. If the unthinkable does happen, and your Roomba runs over dog poop, stop it immediately and do not let it continue the cleaning cycle. Because if that happens, it will spread the dog poop over every conceivable surface within its reach, resulting in a home that closely resembles a Jackson Pollock poop painting.

It will be on your floorboards. It will be on your furniture legs. It will be on your carpets. It will be on your rugs. It will be on your kids' toy boxes. If it's near the floor, it will have poop on it. Those awesome wheels, which have a checkered surface for better traction, left 25-foot poop trails all over the house. Our lovable Roomba, who gets a careful cleaning every night, looked like it had been mudding. Yes, mudding - like what you do with a Jeep on a pipeline road. But in poop.

Then, when your four-year-old gets up at 3am to crawl into your bed, you'll wonder why he smells like dog poop. And you'll walk into the living room. And you'll wonder why the floor feels slightly gritty. And you'll see a brown-encrusted, vaguely Roomba-shaped thing sitting in the middle of the floor with a glowing green light, like everything's okay. Like it's proud of itself. You were still half-asleep until this point, but now you wake up pretty damn quickly.

And then the horror. Oh the horror.

So, first you clean the child. You scrub the poop off his feet and put him back in bed. But you don't bother cleaning your own feet, because you know what's coming. It's inevitable, and it's coming at you like a freight train. Some folks would shrug their shoulders and get back in bed to deal with it in the morning. But you're not one of those people - you can't go to sleep with that war zone of poop in the living room.

So you clean the Roomba. You toss it in the bathtub to let it soak. You pull it apart, piece-by-piece, wondering at what point you became an adult and assumed responsibility for 3:30am-Roomba-disassembly-poop-cleanups. By this point, the poop isn't just on your hands - it's smeared up to your elbows. You already heard the Roomba make that "whirlllllllllllllllll-boop-hisssssssss" noise that sounds like electronics dying, and you realize you forgot to pull the battery before getting it wet. More on that later.

Oh, and you're not just using profanity - you're inventing new types of profanity. You're saying things that would make Satan shudder in revulsion. You hope your kid stayed in bed, because if he hears you talking like this, there's no way he's not ending up in prison.

Then you get out the carpet shampooer. When you push it up to the rug - the rug that started it all - the shampooer just laughs at you. Because that rug is going in the trash, folks. But you shampoo it anyway, because your wife loved that damn rug, and you know she'll ask if you tried to clean it first.

Then you get out the paper towel rolls, idly wondering if you should invest in paper towel stock, and you blow through three or four rolls wiping up poop. Then you get the spray bottle with bleach water and hose down the floor boards to let them soak, because the poop has already dried. Then out comes the steam mop, and you take care of those 25-ft poop trails.

And then, because it's 6am, you go to bed. Let's finish this tomorrow, right?

The next day, you finish taking the Roomba apart, scraping out all the tiny flecks of poop, and after watching a few Youtube instructional videos, you remove the motherboard to wash it with a toothbrush. Then you bake it in the oven to dry. You put it all back together, and of course it doesn't work. Because you heard the "whirlllllllllllllll-boop-hissssssss" noise when it died its poopy death in the bathtub. But you hoped that maybe the Roomba gods would have mercy on you.

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel. After spending a week researching how to fix this damn $400 Roomba without spending $400 again - including refurb units, new motherboards, and new batteries - you finally decide to call the place where you bought it. That place called Hammacher Schlemmer. They have a funny name, but they have an awesome warranty. They claim it's for life, and it's for any reason.

So I called them and told the truth. My Roomba found dog poop and almost precipitated World War III.

And you know what they did? They offered to replace it. Yes, folks. They are replacing the Roomba that ran over dog poop and then died a poopy, watery death in the bathtub - by no fault of their own, of course.

So, mad props to Hammacher Schlemmer. If you're buying anything expensive, and they sell it, I recommend buying it from them. And remember - don't let your Roomba run over dog poop.

I laughed sooooo hard omg. Gotta love kids and dogs.....and Roombas lol

You poor thing. That story should go viral. Put it on Facebook. That was a hilarious recount of your tragedy!!!!! Loved it!!

Edit: I just saw the part about it not being your story but it's a good one. Is it true?

Yet you trash Trump at every opportunity and I see very little of the same loathing for Hillary. Makes folks go "hmmmmmmmmmm"...
Well, see... I even thought about this. But... what would that bring to the discussion? NO ONE HERE supports Hillary! Aside from BillyL (who never participates much and is never going to change his vote either), I don't see any other Clinton supporters here. If there WERE? Well, I'd be more than delighted to show them how unfit and dangerous she is! It would be a waste of time otherwise.

I'M NOT SUPPORTING Hillary! Hillary Clinton rarely comes into my mind.

I don't think it would be a waste of time for the Trump guys. All I see are you two talking about how insane anyone would be to vote for Trump. It automatically pits them against anything else you say...UNLESS...some of that vitriol were directed at Hillary.

Just my opinion...I have been known to be wrong.

I don't think it would be a waste of time for the Trump guys. All I see are you two talking about how insane anyone would be to vote for Trump. It automatically pits them against anything else you say...UNLESS...some of that vitriol were directed at Hillary.

I just don't know what else to bring to the hate Hillary table. We've covered all of her illegal, evil crap and there is nothing new to add to that list.

I feel like there are more that simply cannot see how bad Trump is. If you guys didn't see a problem with her, like Strum said, we'd have plenty to show you but it's like some guys here cannot see the equally as bad Trump and support it. I could have probably got behind any one of the other candidates running against him in the beginning (most, not ALL) and would be on some liberal board trying to show them how bad she is, not that they would listen either.

Whenever I have criticized Trump (which is often), the usual response is not about the criticism I offered. The usual response is countering with "Well, what about when Hillary did this?" or that. Occasionally, you get a response directed at the issue- like the 2nd Amendment comment. But, as we ALL KNOW, everyone here is absolutely resolute in what they will do on election day. NOTHING any of us say, or do, or offer, on here is going to change that for anyone else.

And, my criticisms of Clinton will mirror my criticisms of Obama... and those criticisms are typically the things that alleged conservatives approve of about them. Their foreign policy is just as flawed as Bush and getting us in more trouble with terrorist attacks in the future. Bombing people doesn't stop their surviving family and friends from wanting revenge for the rest of their lives.

I just don't know what else to bring to the hate Hillary table. We've covered all of her illegal, evil crap and there is nothing new to add to that list.

I feel like there are more that simply cannot see how bad Trump is. If you guys didn't see a problem with her, like Strum said, we'd have plenty to show you but it's like some guys here cannot see the equally as bad Trump and support it. I could have probably got behind any one of the other candidates running against him in the beginning (most, not ALL) and would be on some liberal board trying to show them how bad she is, not that they would listen either.

Hey chick, someone (ahem) named the thread "Trump & Hillary". It wasn't me.

What about her "illness"? Even if you can get around the criminal angle is she going to be healthy enough to serve if elected?

I already gave huge props to Julian Assange for exposing the DNC and Hillary Clinton in their attempt to marginalize and subvert the Sanders campaign. If there were a Democrat on the board, I would be thrilled to argue with them about how they're voting for an elite who'ss connected with multiple corruptions and deceptions. I am thankful for people like Assange and Edward Snowden. They don't play favorites. They expose anyone and everyone! I don't see that as treason! I see exposing that corruption as heroic.

That's only one of many facets regarding his role as president. And it's in the true liberal spirit so your point falls flat here. Where he has been overly aggressive to the detriment of this country is well documented. ACA, stimulus, troop withdrawals, Iranian nuke deal, etc.

Ya, the "Affordable" Care Act is a great example of this. He out-and-out said he was getting that thing passed regardless of what Congress said/voted. Seems like a level headed, not all-about-himself, stand up guy huh?

Seriously if this country hasn't learned it's lesson after the 8 Barry years - it deserves Hillary. It appears we have to go all the way to rock bottom to get things headed in the right direction.

Reactions: Archer2 and UNC '92
Hey chick, someone (ahem) named the thread "Trump & Hillary". It wasn't me.

What about her "illness"? Even if you can get around the criminal angle is she going to be healthy enough to serve if elected?

That is the first I have heard about an illness. What does she have? And earlier in the thread there is PLENTY of Hillary bashing by everyone.

Ya, the "Affordable" Care Act is a great example of this. He out-and-out said he was getting that thing passed regardless of what Congress said/voted. Seems like a level headed, not all-about-himself, stand up guy huh?

Seriously if this country hasn't learned it's lesson after the 8 Barry years - it deserves Hillary. It appears we have to go all the way to rock bottom to get things headed in the right direction.

All about him??? ACA? Do you know how many people now have healthcare that was going without it for years???? I know there are plenty of downsides to the ACA especially for people who don't have to worry about affording health insurance and believe me, it has f-d with my job in ways I will not even begin to go on a tirade about here, I get really pissed.... but IT HAS helped many, many people and working in the healthcare field, I see the good it does too and so I cannot HATE it like you guys do.

The whole healthcare industry needs a good overhaul and we do not need to FORCE people to get insurance that don't want it and it should not hurt those who already have it but this is not really an affordable care act, because that would mean that healthcare is actually affordable and not sky high charges and abuse by some in the medical field who take advantage of people with good insurance for no reason. Insurance companies literally dictate YOUR CARE and you probably don't even know it. They are the ones holding the puppet strings, not government, not the doctors/hospitals..... between the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies, they have run down our system and it is an absolute joke to even call it healthCARE or affordable.

If you have your own private insurance and can afford to pay a little more then you need to get on your knees and thank somebody because some people do not have that luxury even WITH the ACA and have to suffer a lot.

Aside from BillyL (who never participates much and is never going to change his vote either), I don't see any other Clinton supporters here.

Yep . . looks like I'm the lone wolf. Jus' exercising my political freedom the good old USA provides to me.

But, y'all please carry on, and don't mind me.

#keepthecommonwealthblue

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
In all actuality, I believe there are at least 5 posters that stop by the board here that will be voting for Clinton.

Could you generalize any more? Does that make you the "young, minority woman, liberal, Islam is best, Democrats only, peace at any cost" voice of reason? Give me a freakin' break.
yes..he's been pissin' in the women's bathroon at the local mosque.

No one helped me out for the last... 4-5 years. This is the old, white guy, conservative, Protestants-Know-God-Best, Republicans-only farm. Praise the lord and pass the ammo-types. How many men do you know that 1) never admit they're wrong, and 2) suddenly, after the age of 50, find humility?

Like I said earlier, this is like watching my two nieces fighting after one got scolded for insulting the other one. "Stop teasing your sister!" and then "Well, she called me ugly first!."

Let's just keep condoning evil and pretending we're electing the "lesser evil." That is working perfectly. See how perfect everything is using that method? No improvements needed anywhere. It's perfect for people who make a few million a year!
could there have ever been more of a stock Dem-libtard response ever? You pretend to be a libertarian , but you are fooling no one. well except for chick.

the smartest thing you have said all day. I guess you have come to save the day for your lap dog chick.

The thread title was a dead giveaway . . had chick posted Donald and Hillary, it may have had me guessing, same for 'Trump and Clinton' . . . . but, Trump and Hillary, pretty much tells ya something even if you're a brick wall (which btw, I'm not accusing anyone here on the board of being one).

The thread title was a dead giveaway . . had chick posted Donald and Hillary, it may have had me guessing, same for 'Trump and Clinton' . . . . but, Trump and Hillary, pretty much tells ya something even if you're a brick wall (which btw, I'm not accusing anyone here on the board of being one).
I must be one because I don't get the connection.

Wth did cnn talk about before trump? BLOODY HELL!!! i'm so effing sick of trump trump trump trump said this, trump said that, trump farted, trump
Scratched his balls, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST THERE HAS TO BE OTHER NEWS!!!!!
I don't know your politics but they are covering it because of what THE MAN IS SAYING.

could there have ever been more of a stock Dem-libtard response ever? You pretend to be a libertarian , but you are fooling no one. well except for chick.
I'm not a libertarian either. Those folks have some uber-wacky ideas. I don't belong to any of these political clubs. Being in a herd forces a herd mentality. There are totally insane liberal ideas and policies. Same with conservatives. I agree with a little bit of all of them, but never all of any of them.

Stay in that herd. You're there for life anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT