ADVERTISEMENT

Trump & Hillary

Dec 23, 2015
Clemson
So now that it appears we have the two main candidates for the election set (although perhaps someone will pull the rug out from under Trump and Bernie will get the super delegates to put him in instead??? doubtful so let's go with these two as being THE ONES!)....What do you really BELIEVE and SEE them actually doing should they get elected to be the President of the United States?? not what you WANT, but what do you really see them doing once they get in there. Just answer for the one you support, we have seen all the arguments about why one is worse than the other... I want to see what everyone actually believes they will do that is positive for our country.

I don't think either will do much that is positive for our country. The difference for me between the two is that Hillary will do a lot of things negative for the country while Trump won't do much of anything at all.

"Well, I'm with you fellers . . "

BlIQYZqx.jpg

I want to see what everyone actually believes they will do that is positive for our country.
That's the point. Most people don't see either one doing anything positive for the country. Most people will be picking the one they think will do the least harm. We have to pick between an out of control idiot or a known criminal. God help us....

If Hillary were to win: I see her being fairly similar to what we've experienced the last 8 years in the Obama administration (to not incite the riots we've had in other political threads, I'll leave whether or not continuing in the Obama mold is a good thing or a bad thing up to the interpretation of the reader). I imagine she'll long to have something "defining" somewhere in her presidency, similar to Healthcare Reform for Obama. I imagine she'll rally for whatever cause she picks and push it through regardless of public approval, or whether it's actually beneficial to society, just so she can claim she did something during her term.

If Trump were to win: I see him being completely different than anything we've ever seen in a major public office. I imagine his term would begin with him coming in and bellowing out how he's going to do X,Y, and Z and there's no one going to stop him from doing it. He'll soon realize that isn't how the world works, and that he'll have to actually play nice with Congress and State Legislatures in order to get anything accomplished. He'll probably succeed in toning back the "PC-ness" of the federal government - and will do a decent job at least addressing some of the problems that have been neglected for awhile (foreign aid, immigration, government assistance programs, etc.), and getting those issues talked about from a different angle - even though I doubt any monumental reform will come of it, as Congress will most likely reign him in a little bit on this.

Regardless of who wins, I expect them to be a 1 term president, as I imagine every party in America will be seeing 2020 as an up-for-grabs election, and will have a few years to make sure they get a decent candidate on the ticket. And if we're fortunate - maybe a 3rd party (and maybe even a 4th) will emerge as legit contenders for the next election.

That's the point. Most people don't see either one doing anything positive for the country. Most people will be picking the one they think will do the least harm. We have to pick between an out of control idiot or a known criminal. God help us....

That's exactly what I was thinking too but figured I was in the minority here, glad to see I am not. I was just thinking about how Paul Ryan basically was calling out Trump for being a racist yet says he is still supporting the said racist and I am thinking "how in the crap can you say that and support him still?...oh yeah, you support your party, not your country! ok, got it" It pisses me off to see that happen on either side... my mother wants to vote for Hillary because she is a woman! that is it, just because she is a woman! I about lost it with her the other day!.... then she says If it is Trump and "old Bernie" then I am voting for Trump! ughhhhhh.... well, I feel better knowing not everyone is that crazy... yes, I love my mother but this is ridiculous!

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
If Hillary were to win: I see her being fairly similar to what we've experienced the last 8 years in the Obama administration (to not incite the riots we've had in other political threads, I'll leave whether or not continuing in the Obama mold is a good thing or a bad thing up to the interpretation of the reader). I imagine she'll long to have something "defining" somewhere in her presidency, similar to Healthcare Reform for Obama. I imagine she'll rally for whatever cause she picks and push it through regardless of public approval, or whether it's actually beneficial to society, just so she can claim she did something during her term.

If Trump were to win: I see him being completely different than anything we've ever seen in a major public office. I imagine his term would begin with him coming in and bellowing out how he's going to do X,Y, and Z and there's no one going to stop him from doing it. He'll soon realize that isn't how the world works, and that he'll have to actually play nice with Congress and State Legislatures in order to get anything accomplished. He'll probably succeed in toning back the "PC-ness" of the federal government - and will do a decent job at least addressing some of the problems that have been neglected for awhile (foreign aid, immigration, government assistance programs, etc.), and getting those issues talked about from a different angle - even though I doubt any monumental reform will come of it, as Congress will most likely reign him in a little bit on this.

Regardless of who wins, I expect them to be a 1 term president, as I imagine every party in America will be seeing 2020 as an up-for-grabs election, and will have a few years to make sure they get a decent candidate on the ticket. And if we're fortunate - maybe a 3rd party (and maybe even a 4th) will emerge as legit contenders for the next election.

Oh Hark, you give me hope..... sighhhhhhhh ;)

I'm voting for neither. I think Drumpf's presidency could really frighten markets and global stability. Not necessarily because of anything he will actually do, but he's just unstable and impossible to get a read on. That doesn't bode well for much of anything. People instinctively fear what they aren't familiar with already. Drumpf's whole campaign is built on, basically, "Roll the dice on me." He'll need help from Congress, of course. He won't get it. And, when Drumpf doesn't get his way? Look-the-fvck-out! Not to mention, it will show that the USA has literally become one, giant commercial.

Hillary is STATUS QUO. That's not necessarily good, but we all know what the status quo looks like. To me, Clinton is not much different from getting a Bush in the oval office. They are insiders who are networked and don't do anything to upset the apple cart... for people like themselves. You know the whole thing is suspect when lifetime Republicans like Lindsey Graham are basically encouraging people to vote for Hillary Clinton. And when Neo-Con-Patient-Zero Bill Kristol is finding alternative candidates. That's fear right there! I'm not sure our fragile system is able to withstand the potential fallout from that kind of uncertainty.

If they actually count the votes properly, and Drumpf wins, then the owners might just lock-up the store for a while and say "Fend for yourselves while we watch and see what happens first." (figuratively, but not far from reality)

Bingo. I said the very same thing in a thread weeks ago when I made the analogy to a runaway train. Hillary's train is Obama's train and she'll just step right in and keep that sucker humming down the line. Trump is going to have all kinds of problems getting anything going because he's repeatedly insulted those whose backing he'll eventually need. And even in the event Trump does get something through Congress, it will take months or years for it to have any kind of effect. By that time, he'll be gone. Plus, Trump has no idea how things work. It will take significant time for him to form the relationships he'll need to get things done and to become acclimated to the position. On the other hand, Hillary has been planning for this her entire life. I've always said the best presidential terms are the ones we hardly remember and that gridlock is the best thing for this country. So, like you, I see a Trump presidency as much less damaging than to continue on our current path.

I do hope you realize this makes you look just as stupid as those that call Hillary "Shillary" and Obama "Osama" and things of that nature...
Well, unlike those choices, Drumpf is his REAL name. But, thanks for your opinion, and for noticing. Looking stupid to someone else doesn't bother me too much. I think he's a fraud, so I use his real name instead of the tidy name he uses instead.

Well, unlike those choices, Drumpf is his REAL name. But, thanks for your opinion, and for noticing. Looking stupid to someone else doesn't bother me too much. I think he's a fraud, so I use his real name instead of the tidy name he uses instead.

Well, clearly you're misinformed. He was never named Drumpf. The surname was changed prior to his birth - and I believe prior to his father's birth (i.e. that his Grandfather or even farther back in his family tree was the one that changed the name). So no, that is not his REAL name. He was born Donald Trump - not matter how badly you want him to have been born Donald Drumpf doesn't make it true.

Thanks for playing.

Well, clearly you're misinformed. He was never named Drumpf. The surname was changed prior to his birth - and I believe prior to his father's birth (i.e. that his Grandfather or even farther back in his family tree was the one that changed the name). So no, that is not his REAL name. He was born Donald Trump - not matter how badly you want him to have been born Donald Drumpf doesn't make it true.

Thanks for playing.
From now on, just for you, it will be Donald John Trump, Sr.

I could have gone really low-brow and went with this idea I saw on a vandalized bumper sticker last week. Someone had torn the "T" off the sticker
donaldtrumpforpresident_bumpersticker_store_2__36226.1440527297.1280.1280.jpg

I think Trump does have the possibility of doing some good things if elected. As far as 3rd parties , I don't understand why the Libertarians haven't been unable to get more traction than they have.

You clearly meant that in an insulting way. You sound just like the people who made sure everyone knew Obama's middle name was Hussein.

You clearly meant that in an insulting way. You sound just like the people who made sure everyone knew Obama's middle name was Hussein.
Well, I'm no better or worse than anyone else. Yes, I did mean it in an insulting way. It's gotten that bad. I've lowered myself to 3rd-grade-level insults. I think it's the most pitiful candidate the GOP has ever allowed themselves to be represented by. A friggin' realty TV show host. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: Raising Heel
+OK now we're getting somewhere. What good things?

I know it... I am dying to know what he is going to actually do, besides all the lip service he does now. I honestly believe that man will be in over his head and I do believe he KNOWS how to run the real estate game and whatever else his other businesses are but it takes more than that to run a country, so I am just waiting for someone to tell me what he would really do. I know all the things he has promised but what will he do???? hmmmm

Immigration , Ending Bad trade deals and treaties and improving the economy it is all dependent on the Republicans holding both House and Senate which they should if he is elected. I think he is able to stay awake longer the Hillary. We still don't know where she was during Benghazi. Corrections

Last edited:
Immigration , Bad trade deals and treaties and the economy it is all dependent on the Republicans holding both House and Senate which they should if he is elected. I think he is able to stay awake longer the Hillary. We still don't know where she was during Benghazi.
Thanks for the reply.

Clinton and Trump have both backed proposals to allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices directly with pharmaceutical companies. They've also both called for increased price transparency in healthcare. Those are both clearly positives for consumers and taxpayers. So there's that.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

See - I wish the public had more knowledge of some of the good things Trump would do, or what exactly his goals were (I do agree with 58's response for the most part).

However, unfortunately, rather than the supposed news outlets letting the public know important things like that - they've all been focusing on his stupid hair and tiny hands. What a joke.

See - I wish the public had more knowledge of some of the good things Trump would do, or what exactly his goals were (I do agree with 58's response for the most part).

However, unfortunately, rather than the supposed news outlets letting the public know important things like that - they've all been focusing on his stupid hair and tiny hands. What a joke.
The whole thing has become a joke. I hope everyone can at least agree that it has become a farce. Electing the "least harmful" is getting us nowhere. I just wonder if the elections before my time were this way. Did people vote for Nixon so JFK WOULDN'T win? They hated Nixon, but hated JFK more? That's just sad. We're not a very competent society if that's the best we can do in our government selection process.

Hey... maybe the government is not THAT important and the relative prosperity we do enjoy is because we're mostly just good people with a decent conscience.

Good poast, Hark.

I would love nothing more than for this to happen, but it won't until campaign finance reform becomes a reality.
We can never remove money from politics. It's part of human nature since the beginning of time.

That said the partisanship in campaign finance reform is absurd. Democrats want to get rid of big corporations making donations, but don't want to get rid of big unions making donations and big government supported entities (planned parenthood, etc.). The Republicans want the opposite. As it stands now, both big unions and big corporations can give through PACs so I call it even except that all unions solely support Democrats while corporation give to all parties.

Agreed. I would also include Trump's continued use - as a presidential candidate, now - of "Crooked Hillary" in his campaign.

Agreed. He should probably nix that (but we know he won't). Although I think that one is slightly different. Calling her Shillary or Hildabeast, calling Obama Osama, and calling Trump Drumpf are all just stupid nicknames that have no basis in reality, and weren't "earned" by the people they're directed at. Calling her Crooked Hillary at least makes some sense though - since she's proven to be crooked.

But at the end of the day, I think they should try to keep the insults (whether warranted or not) out of the campaigns.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT