ADVERTISEMENT

Trump & Hillary

I care, because character actually matters to me. This whole campaign cycle has been nauseating.

Not necessarily, if it wasn't a 1 on 1 interview.

Of course it's nauseating. And both candidates have character deficiencies.

So why exactly would Trump remember him if they never had a conversation?

Because banks are bad. Now leave her alone, she is on her period.

You're an idiot! I'm even worse that a woman with her period, I am now in menopause, so close your pie hole, dude! I've been calm through this entire exchange with you, of course, I have also been shaking my smug head and rolling my pretty blue eyes at your ridiculousness, but I am great that way. I am the BEST at it too!:p

I will tell you this much, even with my lack of complete text book knowledge of what specifically the banks do or have done, just knowing they ARE a problem is enough reason for me to support any candidate that actually states they want to get things done regarding it. Bernie was not lying I do not think when he would call Hillary out on her being essentially in bed with Wall Street and the banks. Trump never really has addressed them to my knowledge but I would be highly skeptical of him if he, being as wealthy as he is, came out and spoke out against them. And in my opinion just knowing THAT much is a far better reason to vote FOR someone than your pitiful excuse of voting AGAINST another one. Seriously, who looks foolish here????? It's not me!

I think, maybe, she's referring to the Fed and the flawed policies of the Fed that are affecting the monetary system and the banking industry. I'm not sure... I'm just guessing. She is a woman, and you know they have no idea what they're talking about half the time.

LOL well, I did admit to that dumb butt that I didn't know details but I did know that banks are not helping this country at all. I watched "Too Big To Fail" and and a few other documentaries that were enough for me to think something was really screwy with the whole system. Hell, anyone with at least HALF a brain can tell by the way inflation has been rising over the years and the wages increasing yet we are still no better off, if not worse, can tell there's a problem there. UNC-71 is just an asshole because I am not choosing to vote AGAINST Hillary and he thinks I will be wasting my vote. I think he is wasting his.

LOL well, I did admit to that dumb butt that I didn't know details but I did know that banks are not helping this country at all. I watched "Too Big To Fail" and and a few other documentaries that were enough for me to think something was really screwy with the whole system. Hell, anyone with at least HALF a brain can tell by the way inflation has been rising over the years and the wages increasing yet we are still no better off, if not worse, can tell there's a problem there. UNC-71 is just an asshole because I am not choosing to vote AGAINST Hillary and he thinks I will be wasting my vote. I think he is wasting his.

People tend to be threatened by other people who think, act, look, and speak differently from themselves (depending on what it's about). We're kinda taught that (directly and indirectly) from birth. So, if someone is really convinced that Donald Trump is a Royal Flush, you're going to have a hard time convincing them he's 2 Pair. Since you're kinda new, I will say that UNC71-00 is not one of these typical partisan folks who lauds Republicans as always being right. But, then again, I've rarely seen any indication to the contrary from him. But, my time here has only been since Obama was president. The board, as you know, leans heavily Republican. EVERYTHING is Obama's fault.

People tend to be threatened by other people who think, act, look, and speak differently from themselves (depending on what it's about). We're kinda taught that (directly and indirectly) from birth. So, if someone is really convinced that Donald Trump is a Royal Flush, you're going to have a hard time convincing them he's 2 Pair. Since you're kinda new, I will say that UNC71-00 is not one of these typical partisan folks who lauds Republicans as always being right. But, then again, I've rarely seen any indication to the contrary from him. But, my time here has only been since Obama was president. The board, as you know, leans heavily Republican. EVERYTHING is Obama's fault.

I have noticed that. When you have no real good argument, blame Obama! Why not!? smh I was waiting on someone to blame Obama for Melania's speech faux pas but instead Trump just blamed all the democrats, right before he finally decided it was the speech writer's fault!

I will tell you this much, even with my lack of complete text book knowledge of what specifically the banks do or have done, just knowing they ARE a problem
So you don't know what they did, you just know they did something? Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Hell, anyone with at least HALF a brain can tell by the way inflation has been rising over the years
Seriously? For your own good I suggest deleting that sentence ASAP.

You're an idiot! I'm even worse that a woman with her period, I am now in menopause, so close your pie hole, dude! I've been calm through this entire exchange with you, of course, I have also been shaking my smug head and rolling my pretty blue eyes at your ridiculousness, but I am great that way. I am the BEST at it too!:p

I will tell you this much, even with my lack of complete text book knowledge of what specifically the banks do or have done, just knowing they ARE a problem is enough reason for me to support any candidate that actually states they want to get things done regarding it. Bernie was not lying I do not think when he would call Hillary out on her being essentially in bed with Wall Street and the banks. Trump never really has addressed them to my knowledge but I would be highly skeptical of him if he, being as wealthy as he is, came out and spoke out against them. And in my opinion just knowing THAT much is a far better reason to vote FOR someone than your pitiful excuse of voting AGAINST another one. Seriously, who looks foolish here????? It's not me!

Nothing is better at pissing off a woman than accusing her of being on her period. Guaranteed results every time.

So you don't know what they did, you just know they did something? Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Seriously? For your own good I suggest deleting that sentence ASAP.

Look, dumb ass! Unless you KNOW what the banks have done, shut up! I can get the details for you, but right off hand, I cannot quote every damn thing that has happened.

hey, let's take an IQ test... I may not be very articulate and able to get my point across, especially to you nut brains who are in automatic defense mode anyway, but I am not stupid.

Nothing is better at pissing off a woman than accusing her of being on her period. Guaranteed results every time.

It doesn't piss me off. Hell there is truth to that anyway. Have you ever had a period? Then you have no idea what kind of hell that truly is! I was just stating that I am old now and I am in menopause and do not have my periods anymore. Menopause is worse!

The only thing for which I blame Obama is heightened racial tensions.

Don't try reasoning with Chick though. She is hormonal by her own admission.

The only thing for which I blame Obama is heightened racial tensions.

Don't try reasoning with Chick though. She is hormonal by her own admission.

Right now I am not hormonal. I have always thought it was completely stupid for anyone to think voting for the person you are most in line with is a wasted vote and voting for someone because you don't like the other one is the most stupid of them all. It has nothing to do with hormones.

Obama has not heightened racial tensions, folks have managed to do that all on their own. If ANYONE can be blamed for that, I would think it would be Trump. Look at the ridiculousness at his rallies and the racial spats among supporters and non-supporters. Seriously? what the hell have you been watching?

Look, dumb ass! Unless you KNOW what the banks have done, shut up!
Remember that don't make assumptions thing I mentioned a while back? This would be a perfect example. I have a BBA and MBA in the financial field. I have worked in banking for almost 10 years. I think I'm in a good position to know a thing or two about banks. You just made yourself look incredibly stupid.

I may not be very articulate and able to get my point across, especially to you nut brains who are in automatic defense mode anyway, but I am not stupid.
I never said you were stupid. I do believe you are ignorant on many of the issues you complain about and you are certainly a hypocrite.

Not sure why you think you need to start personally insulting me all of a sudden. Usually people do that when they can't make a strong argument to back up their opinion. It's starting to get old though.

Remember that don't make assumptions thing I mentioned a while back? This would be a perfect example. I have a BBA and MBA in the financial field. I have worked in banking for almost 10 years. I think I'm in a good position to know a thing or two about banks.
Tell me how fractional reserve banking is a responsible monetary practice, please. Serious question. You may not think it is, I don't know. You offered your degrees- implying you're well-educated in the field- so I wanted to get your input.

Remember that don't make assumptions thing I mentioned a while back? This would be a perfect example. I have a BBA and MBA in the financial field. I have worked in banking for almost 10 years. I think I'm in a good position to know a thing or two about banks. You just made yourself look incredibly stupid.

I never said you were stupid. I do believe you are ignorant on many of the issues you complain about and you are certainly a hypocrite.

Not sure why you think you need to start personally insulting me all of a sudden. Usually people do that when they can't make a strong argument to back up their opinion. It's starting to get old though.

I get personally insulted on here all the time. Sorry if you are not one of them that does that to me. I apologize. I do not have the degree in banking you have but I do have conversations with others who are, my brother in law works on Wall Street and he is aware of things going on and while I may not always understand what exactly he is talking about I know when it is not a good thing.

Surely you are aware of the mega rich who go offshore to bank in order to avoid paying taxes as they should. Do you think when we went through the banking bailouts a few years ago that the banks were not at fault for that disaster? I don't know HOW they operate but I, like many, many people know they are not always operating in the best interest of anyone BUT themselves and their profits.

Well, who do you guys think all the Bernie supporters are going to vote for? I think that will be key. Either they will just NOT vote because they are young and pissed and don't fully understand yet (not all, just the majority of the young folks that love Bernie) or will go third party or Hillary. I cannot see them supporting Trump at all.

Mostly Jill Stein. Some Gary Johnson, and some Bernie write ins of course.

I think people may be overestimating the Bernie supporters that will flock to Clinton. I voted for Bernie in the primary, but it was much more a vote against Hillary than a vote for Bernie. I will continue to vote against Hillary in the general election, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one who is following that line of logic.

I'd say roughly 80-90% of us wont. IMO that was his play by endorsing her before the convention. He's proven now that his supporters wont get behind her, which gives him leverage.

Right now I am not hormonal. I have always thought it was completely stupid for anyone to think voting for the person you are most in line with is a wasted vote and voting for someone because you don't like the other one is the most stupid of them all. It has nothing to do with hormones.

Obama has not heightened racial tensions, folks have managed to do that all on their own. If ANYONE can be blamed for that, I would think it would be Trump. Look at the ridiculousness at his rallies and the racial spats among supporters and non-supporters. Seriously? what the hell have you been watching?

Obama has definitely heightened racial tension. By being a black guy in the White House and calling attention to racial inequity. But to white males who don't believe any inequity exists, he is "fanning the flames."

Obama has definitely heightened racial tension. By being a black guy in the White House and calling attention to racial inequity. But to white males who don't believe any inequity exists, he is "fanning the flames."

You're right about that! I was thinking about the hateful people we see at the Trump rallies but you're absolutely correct!!! :) If Obama were white, they'd be blaming someone else.

If he would just stick to actual instances of racial inequity as opposed to making things up or perpetuating the lies of others, the country would be in a much different place.

You're right about that! I was thinking about the hateful people we see at the Trump rallies but you're absolutely correct!!! :) If Obama were white, they'd be blaming someone else.

No he's not right at all. But I think you and boy world be an excellent team.

What do you think about the hateful people you see at anti-Trump or other rallies?

No he's not right at all. But I think you and boy world be an excellent team.

What do you think about the hateful people you see at anti-Trump or other rallies?

I think they are equally as bad but they are doing it for different reasons. Both are dumb. You give out violence and hatred and aggression, you get the same back... it never ends. You do things peacefully, you'll get peace.

Tell me how fractional reserve banking is a responsible monetary practice, please. Serious question. You may not think it is, I don't know. You offered your degrees- implying you're well-educated in the field- so I wanted to get your input.
I don't know if I would call it responsible, but I'm not sure if there would be a better way to keep the economy going as it is set up now. People and businesses need loans for multiple reasons that help the economy grow and prosper. Fractional reserve banking allows the banks to do that. Serious question. What would your alternative be?

I think they are equally as bad but they are doing it for different reasons. Both are dumb. You give out violence and hatred and aggression, you get the same back... it never ends. You do things peacefully, you'll get peace.

Yeah, those Trump supporters have really been violent at Bernie and Hillary rallies. Oh wait,...

Yeah, those Trump supporters have really been violent at Bernie and Hillary rallies. Oh wait,...

No they are violent at their own rallies... the Bernie and Hillary people do come in on theirs though and act like just as foolish though. Surely, you recognize how incredibly insane this entire election cycle has been this time??? In all aspects.

Surely you are aware of the mega rich who go offshore to bank in order to avoid paying taxes as they should.
I'm aware of that. They do that because our tax system is horrible. As long as they are playing by the rules that allow them to do that then they shouldn't pay taxes on it. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Do you think when we went through the banking bailouts a few years ago that the banks were not at fault for that disaster?
Did they play a role? Yes, but they were not solely responsible. As far as the bailouts go, it shouldn't have happened. Nothing is too big to fail. The government shouldn't have forced all of the banks to take the TARP money either. That question and the answer is a lot more complicated than a simple yes or no though.

they are not always operating in the best interest of anyone BUT themselves and their profits
That's what they are suppose to do and that's what the shareholders demand. I see zero problem with that. You don't have to like it, but that's part of capitalism.

No they are violent at their own rallies... the Bernie and Hillary people do come in on theirs though and act like just as foolish though. Surely, you recognize how incredibly insane this entire election cycle has been this time??? In all aspects.

Yes. I recognize that American politics is in the toilet. I recognize that Obama has dumbed down the office of POTUS. Trump and Hillary are even worse. What comes after either one of these winners?

But surely you see the difference in being violent enough to go to someone else's rally and try to start trouble versus just protecting your home turf. While both are not what I would call ideal behavior, one is exponentially worse than the other. One is "looking for trouble". The other is "mess with the bull, get the horn."

That's what they are suppose to do and that's what the shareholders demand. I see zero problem with that. You don't have to like it, but that's part of capitalism.

Somewhere along the line, liberals were able to get people to buy into the message that a business shouldn't be able to make as much money as the market will bear. That seems completely unAmerican to me.

I don't know if I would call it responsible, but I'm not sure if there would be a better way to keep the economy going as it is set up now. People and businesses need loans for multiple reasons that help the economy grow and prosper. Fractional reserve banking allows the banks to do that. Serious question. What would your alternative be?
Well, I don't have your degrees, so my alternative is not going to be something I think-up myself. I know Ron Paul spoke of competing currencies. He does claim to be more of an economist. I just kinda like the idea of having alternatives, in general. Not have it entirely based on ONE thing.

But, I think this sorta speaks to what the chick is talking about. The practices of the banking industry is dangerous. It's damaging the entire economy, long-term. We lose purchasing power in our currency. We, as individuals, end up having to produce more, work longer, work harder for the same results, work well into our 70's and 80's (if we live that long). There's no incentive to save money because having the money IN savings only allows you to hold on to what is constantly losing value the longer you have it! I realize how credit can enhance growth. But, I wonder if it's responsible. It's a question of SHOULD it grow so fast, not whether or not it CAN grow faster. I remember a quote from Ben Bernanke, where he said "the instrument of credit and debt has the ability to produce a MODERN economy (whatever that means). But, the absence of it has the ability to destroy it- swiftly and absolutely!" Now... my instinctive response to that is "hmmm, well, maybe this credit/interest/debt thing isn't the best thing to base your entire economy on!" Because, our entire monetary system is literally backed by monetized debt. I don't think that is sustainable. In fact, if it ever stops "sustaining" it's going to be an unprecedented backlash. I don't even like to imagine the result.

Well, I don't have your degrees, so my alternative is not going to be something I think-up myself.
I didn't mention my degrees to try to insinuate that I'm smarter than anyone else. If it came off that way I apologize. Chick kind of pissed me off with her comment. That's why I brought it up.

The practices of the banking industry is dangerous. It's damaging the entire economy, long-term.
I agree it can be dangerous, but if done the proper way it would help far more than it would hurt.

I don't think that is sustainable.
This to me is the key. If we keep going at the pace we are going then we will have a serious problem and it won't be sustainable. This isn't solely on the banks though. The government and individual citizens play a large role in this.

This isn't solely on the banks though. The government and individual citizens play a large role in this.
I'm sure there is blame to go around. But, the citizens don't have lots of alternatives. Government does play a big role, but they did that of their own volition.

If he would just stick to actual instances of racial inequity as opposed to making things up or perpetuating the lies of others, the country would be in a much different place.

If he just stuck to what you think are "actual instances of racial inequity" then he probably would have much to talk about. Which is kinda my entire point.

If he just stuck to what you think are "actual instances of racial inequity" then he probably would have much to talk about. Which is kinda my entire point.

So why does he perpetuate the lies?

I have noticed that. When you have no real good argument, blame Obama! Why not!? smh I was waiting on someone to blame Obama for Melania's speech faux pas but instead Trump just blamed all the democrats, right before he finally decided it was the speech writer's fault!
Obama has been POTUS for nigh two terms now and everything that people mention that is the least bit critical of his administration immediately gets blamed on Bush. This POTUS hasn't been responsible for one single problem this country is facing, not one. Almost 8 years after Bush left office, he still gets blamed for everything. Obama, meanwhile, gets a pass on everything. He's freakin' made of teflon.

Obama has been POTUS for nigh two terms now and everything that people mention that is the least bit critical of his administration immediately gets blamed on Bush. This POTUS hasn't been responsible for one single problem this country is facing, not one. Almost 8 years after Bush left office, he still gets blamed for everything. Obama, meanwhile, gets a pass on everything. He's freakin' made of teflon.

You do realize that the most watched "news" network in the country basically spends 24 hours a day blaming every imaginable issue on him right?

What planet are you living on uncboy?

Actually, your statement couldn't be farther from the truth. CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC are all extremely Liberal and defend Obama and Hillary at every opportunity. Fox is the only channel that will criticize them at all. The media has been in Obama's pocket from day one.

Last edited:
Actually, your statement couldn't be farther from the truth. CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC are all extremely Liberal and defend Obama and Hillary at every opportunity. Fox is the only channel that will criticize them at all.
I think he was referring to Fox.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT