ADVERTISEMENT

UNC at Georgia Tech--Tuesday 3 March 2015---GAME THREAD

GT: That's about as bad as a D1 program can look. I think they were about 2-6 from three (by 2-6, meaning 2 shots drew iron, 0 went in).

We look pretty sleepy ourselves. Almost nothing from any of our bigs. Nice game by Berry and Home School so far though.

Well . . Here's a first . . OUR Bench has outscored the starters 20-19 in the first half.

"Are you kidding me . . . " ~ dOOkie Vitale

Originally posted by Heelicious:

Honestly - do Joel James and Tokoto each think they need to take 80% of our shots? Wow have they thrown up some forced shots. Hard to think of worse shots we can take, than some of the Tokoto / James guarded jumpers. Red light.
Combined, James and Tokoto are 4-8 at halftime - a 50% clip compared to the teams 47%.

Joel missed a couple of defensive assignments, but played a key role in Tech's shot clock violation. AND his short jumper is very pretty.

Originally posted by BillyL:
Well . . Here's a first . . OUR Bench has outscored the starters 20-19 in the first half.

"Are you kidding me . . . " ~ dOOkie Vitale
Meeks with foul trouble and Brice a no show.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Lite their butts up coach! We should be killing it inside.

SWEEEEET to see Berry playing so well.

Originally posted by Heelicious:

.... Nice game by Berry and Home School so far though.
Was thinking this too - Justin has been much more active and, more importantly effective when active.
Brice looking a little out-of-sorts, kinda pushing it. He'll probably explode in the second half!

Originally posted by strummingram:

Think Brian Gregory has a job next year?
GT never should have let Paul Hewitt go . . . what a big mistake that was.

We drew 3 fouls on them in the first half. That is an amazing number. I get that GT is standing around and looks pretty passive, but it seems to me we need to be more aggressive in taking it to the rim. Way too many jumpers or fade aways, when Tokoto, Brice, even James taking it strong to the rim ends so much better for us.

Agree. Tough for Gregory to keep his job. I don't think anybody expects tech to be great but they're beyond awful

I said the same thing about Clemson and Oliver Purnell

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
Originally posted by imajericho:
Berry is at 33.3% from 3 for the year now.
That will be in the 40's next season. Really looking good.
If it is in the 40s next year, he is an all-american, and we are a national title favorite.

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
Berry is at 33.3% from 3 for the year now.
That will be in the 40's next season. Really looking good.
If it is in the 40s next year, he is an all-american, and we are a national title favorite.
Mark it down.................................you can say "Mikey told me".
cool.r191677.gif

What a thing of beauty!

Base line to baseline 3 passes NO DRIBBLES!

Georgia Tech is playing to lose. It's weird.
Well, this game recording won't be enshrined in Springfield, that's for sure. Ugly.

I said the same thing about Clemson and Oliver Purnell
Agreed . . . I thought Purnell was a really good coach . .

Seems like Ralph Sampson's older son, that went to Minnesota, was much better than Robert here at GT.

Thank heavens for the prediction contest, keeps some interest.
Also, maybe it's time to play Stillman White bingo - at what point does he get in the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT