ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-Davidson Regional Final Game Thread (UPDATE: 7:34 Opening Pitch )

Maybe, just maybe, this bitter taste from the final handful of games poorly played will be impetus like the basketball team to respond and excel next Spring. Here's hoping.

Reactions: tarheel0910
The future is definitely bright. The overwhelming majority of our roster is freshmen and sophomores. Despite the fact that we lose JB, our pitching staff should still be one of the best next year. Defense should be good as is always the case with a Fox coached team. The only question mark is who is going to pick up the loss in offense of Warmoth and Miller? We've still got some solid hitting coming back, so I think we can find someone to make up for some of that loss. I don't think we will be able to make it all up, but I can see us getting enough to be a national seed again. I feel pretty good about our chances to make a run again next year.

Reactions: osjr
Somehow someway I wish we could have snagged Austin Beck here for three years. But when you're a top 10 pick out of high school what's a guy to do. He would have filled the gap on O.

Reactions: JohnGwaltney
Somehow someway I wish we could have snagged Austin Beck here for three years. But when you're a top 10 pick out of high school what's a guy to do. He would have filled the gap on O.
Yeah, it's almost pointless to recruit a guy projected to be a first round draft pick. Very few actually step foot on campus and it's hard to blame them with the signing bonus they can get today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT