ADVERTISEMENT

UNC/PITT ACCT Game Thread (Winner Plays Saturday)

This game looks like a lot of the losses from this season. Men left on base, letting teams hang around and just not getting a lot done.

Reactions: Jarrod Hardy
Daniels gets the K to end the inning. It's all or nothing now for Carolina.

5-4 Pitt going to the ninth

Enwiller advances to second as Datres is thrown out at first. Two away with Brandon Riley coming to the plate.

Wow! Check swing called a strike. Certainly didn't look like it. Riley down to last strike.

If we make noise in the NCAAT, this loss means nothing. If we don't....... well.

Also, it seems UNC teams in all sports are seriously, seriously snake-bitten in ACC Tournaments. We dominate throughout the regular season and then cannot win the ACC Championship a lot of the time (it feels like).

Reactions: ohio tarheels
The worst part about tonight is Carolina may have just lost a shot at a Top 8 seeding for the NCAA Tournament. Friday's game just went from meaningless to a much needed win.

Reactions: Littlejon
Give pitt props
I don't think anyone is taking anything away from Pitt -- the fanbase is just sick of losing to inferior teams in the post-season. If you get to Omaha or even a super regional and go down, so be it. But to lose before you even get to the tough part of the post-season... that's never gonna be okay with the UNC fanbase who's used to winning in everything.

I don't think anyone is taking anything away from Pitt -- the fanbase is just sick of losing to inferior teams in the post-season. If you get to Omaha or even a super regional and go down, so be it. But to lose before you even get to the tough part of the post-season... that's never gonna be okay with the UNC fanbase who's used to winning in everything.

PITT has nothing to lose, I don't give people like that any thought. Half of those people only start watching the Carolina baseball team around the NC State game late in the season. Their opinions don't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT