ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Boston College game thread on the CW on Saturday 20 January 2024

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Some different things for this game. The contest will be on the CW channel which everyone does not have and it has a scheduled tip off at 2:15 pm in Chestnut Hill…

BC is not having a bad year as they come in 11-6 overall and 2 up and 4 down in the ACC…

They have three starters scoring in double digits lead by their 7 foot center Quinten Post who leads the team with 16.9 ago and 7.4 rpg. He reminds me a lot of Flipowski of Duke as he is a dual threat inside as well as outside and is hitting 41.7 from downtown. Bacot, Washington, Ingram and Withers will probably all get their opportunity to slow the big man down a bit.

Claudell Harris at 6.3 and Zaeden Zachery at 6’2 are his backcourt mates and they are presently averaging 15 ppg and 12.2 ppg. They also can shoot the three.

BC on paper are better than Louisville and they are playing at home in front of a sold out arena so I for one think this basketball battle will be much closer than the experts have picked. Whoever wins the battle in the paint between Bacot and Post will probably be the decisive factor on who wins. In a shootout that goes down to the final couple of minutes I believe Carolina behind Davis and Ryan clutch free throws will prevail by about six points…

For those of you that do not have the CW channel and cannot get a radio channel from wherever you call home I will try my very level best to give you a up to the minute play by play in regards to the score, the scorers and other tidbits of info that I feel is important to say…One thing I did not mention to say earlier is that BC is 7-2 at home with just a overtime loss to NC State and the other loss to Wake Forest…

I was surprised to see that I have the CW and that the game is on! Dunk, I can help out for those who don't have access to the game with whatever observations I can muster up.

Could someone explain to me why Cadeau does the spin move when starting the offense when no one is near him? I’ve seen RJ use it a few times as well so it’s something the coaches want. I see it as a wasted move that one of these days will cause a TO. I just don’t get the move.

Our defense has been bad early. 2 guys ran away from the guy with the ball, and the end result is a dunk.

Also Ryan has missed 2 open 3s, turned down 3 other open 3s, and just dribbled the ball off his leg.

Ryan passes up a wide open 3, then dribbles off his leg going in. I wish Ingram and Ryan would be less hesitant on open 3s; those are good shots. Better to take that 15 seconds into the shot clock than to continue hunting. Half the time we barely get anything on those possessions, and rarely do we get a better shot than a 35-40% three.

Ryan has to be ready to catch and shoot- then turned it over on the drive.

Could someone explain to me why Cadeau does the spin move when starting the offense when no one is near him? I’ve seen RJ use it a few times as well so it’s something the coaches want. I see it as a wasted move that one of these days will cause a TO. I just don’t get the move.
That same topic came up in another post. It has to be something that the coaches taught because both EC and RJ do it. I agree, it's ridiculous and is going to cause a costly turnover someday

5 second call not called allowing Post to complete a three point play but Weathers now in hits a short jumper and BC another dunk. Trimble BOOM from the deep right corner 14-11

Settling for jumpshots.

Ingram needs to give the ball up to a point guard instead of continuing to drive into 3 defenders. And trying a bounce pass in traffic to Okonkwo of all people??

Reactions: gauchoheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT