ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Cal game thread

I bet the D surprises vs Louisville, but it will be awhile before we have good QB play.

Chazz is missing open people. Our QB situation sucks. They both had time to throw all day.
Both QBs did have good time to pass. Harris was simply so bad that in comparison Surratt looked really good. Surratt has much more promise, but other than using pure athleticism, he has a lot to improve on.

I far this could be a losing season.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I predicted 5-7 before this game. I think I'll stick with that until I see surratt play for a full game.
Surratt and the two RB's looked good.

UNC has such a shitty defense, year-in and year-out, and that just gets so frustrating. That defense never seems to really become reliable.

And I don't blame Mack at all. But if we had hired a REAL HEAD COACH after Mack, I feel like we could've remained relevant.
Well, they did the opposite of that. It's been 20 years of frustration really, with a few memorable seasons. As I said, I think Fedora will carry that record season with Marquise a long way in keeping his job. But, he has definitely peaked.

We were up 17-7, and get outscored 28-7. That's inexcusable.

Oh well, LNWR is only 6 weeks away.

Up 17-7 and about to get the ball back when that dumb hit happened. Obviously, had chances after that but it is also hard to see things playing out the way they did if that didn't happen. Penalties all game were just killers.

Surratt is still better than harris, however, he's not the type of QB that will make us very good. Limited ability to throw the ball down the field. We are in for a veryyyyyy long season.

Fedora still sucks guys......he couldn't get it done when we had top 25 talent, he sure as hell isnt going to get it done with the inexperience we have playing this year.

Reactions: jcolucci
Jalen Dalton should be gone 100%. Make a mistake no matter how boneheaded the play was fine. But to laugh and act a fool on camera after getting ejected. Send his overrated ass back to Clemmons.

Especially bad when LSU was not a known for its offense when Miles was there. I assume this kid recruited by Les?
Fedora sold people on Harris just not being right for the Pro set. He was supposed to be a natural fit for the Fed spread.

If Fedora believes that, then Fedora is indeed dumb as a post about QBs.

Jalen Dalton should be gone 100%. Make a mistake no matter how boneheaded the play was fine. But to laugh and act a fool on camera after getting ejected. Send his overrated ass back to Clemmons.
That was indeed troubling. I think he should be punished in some way. A hot like he delivered could cause serious injury. He should not be acting the fool like it was party time.

Can't believe he didn't call one on the final drive to conserve time.

that's kinda my point...the game was over at .01....it's kind of a silly mindset to call a timeout, possibly preach about not quitting till the whistle, yet not conserve time on the drive.

add on the fact that the last two or three plays before the timeout, the players had to be separated...just take the loss, get the kids off the field, and bs us all in post-game presser.

and look, i appreciate his confidence, he gets it about atmosphere, and his belief in his players...the fact is he gets his ass handed to him in game time situations and adjustments, and if that's the norm, he better have a shitload of talent to save him...see les miles

Reactions: Archer2 and B3rry
He should have called a timeout on defense. It ought to be elementary football knowledge that a defensive timeout saves you 40 seconds (the game clock), whereas an offensive one saves you about 10-15. We essentially wasted two timeouts. The alternative is we use them on defense and score with about a minute left; at least it gives us a chance to win the game.

I had no problem with the offensive play calling really. Could have been a bit more aggressive, but our QB's are not too good, and neither are our receivers. That play on the ball by Ratliff in the endzone was downright awful, and (I think) Cunningham dropped a touchdown too. There is only so much you can do with a limited offense, and we scored 30 points.

The defense has to be better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT