ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Duke GAME THREAD --3/9/19

They really do have the ugliest cheerleaders :eek:

7250403125cee0915b5133c443a0074d.jpg

Biggest key for me is UNC style of play. If ball movement by passing then good spacing will be there and the Heels get open looks. If too much dribbling things get clogged and we lose. The passing game that dissected dook at HIS was beautiful to watch, and if we hit the open 3's combined with attacking on cuts to the basket then watch out.

Hit some threes bang the boards and play tough D

Heels win it by 7:cool::cool::cool:

Oh BTW Cam has a HUGE game

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: John_Mexico
I think that’s going to be one of the keys. We can’t expect them to shoot as poorly as they did the first game. We need to dominate the paint again, both in scoring and on the boards. But hitting some treys would sure help.

GO HEELS!
Heels are averaging 38% from three this year, but against dook we are always WAY below that (2-20 in derm). On the bright side, last year in the Dean Dome, we made 11 - 33. I'd love to see us make about 10 tonight, and abuse them inside like we did in the first game.

Reactions: Heelicious
Just finished listening to podcast that had interview with former player who I grew up with. He was a walk-on who was fortunate enough to play for Coach Williams on JV and then Coach Smith on varsity. Really unique perspective especially regarding the players and senior night and gives great insight as to what the Carolina family is as opposed to what other schools attempt.

Really hoping for a W. Love this team and these seniors and want so badly a W for them.

It’s already been said, rebound, play D, knock down some shots!

I look for Luke, Cam, Nas and Coby to have big games. HEELS!!!!

Without Zion, its all about Barrett. Kenny will defend Barrett and did an excellent job in Durham. Rat has shunned Jones running the offense from the point(he now is relegated to a spot up corner 3 shooter) and opted for Barrett to either score(first) or initiate the offense. Barrett is great, so the team defense will be front and center this evening.

Dook lucked out on Wakes two point blank misses but Wake showed how to defend Barrett(making others win the game, but not Reddish). Barrett is good with both hands, can spin it back right, and finish. Barretts defender would jump his left handed drive. At the same time, a second Wake defender would slam the door(not allowing Barrett to use his pivot foot to spin back right, to the middle of the lane). Barretts only option was to pass back out to the perimeter where Wake made sure Reddish was not one of the receivers.

Wake had a great strategy, as evident by Barretts sub 50% shooting and Reddishs 9 shot attempts of dooks 58. Carolina will not play it this exact way tonite, but how to limit/frustrate Barrett has been shown by Wake.

@TarHeelMark should i watch this one since we are at home? I aatched the Gonzaga home game and we blew them out... what say you? I didn't watch the last UNC dook game, and we won; should I switch it up or keep it the same?
Yeah man, I think we’re ok to watch this one since it’s in the friendly confines of the Dean Dome. :D

I can hear now.....we better be glad Zion is out again because he has something to prove.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT