ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Duke GAME THREAD --3/9/19

It's actually some pretty good wine though. I'm a Chardonnay drinker & it's one of my favorites.

Well, I am not a big wine drinker myself, but I do like Grand Suud Cabernet Sauvignon and their Chardonnay is really good, too. At this point,though, if it meant the Tar Heel’s would win out, I’d be willing to drink homemade win made in a bathtub.

Same. Nightmares of scrub-zero were filling my head.
Yeah... they had that on ESPNU the othr day. I'd forgotten how the Heels had it in-hand with only 2 minutes left. Of course, I forgot about Curry's two obvious travels before scoring a three.

Gardening! Ha! We have 3 feet of snow on the ground with another foot supposed to fall tonight here in Minneapolis. Gardening seems to be a ways out for us.
Hey! Cool! My brother and his family are in St. Michael, just north of Rogers, outside of Minneapolis. It's a frozen, white wasteland up there. I dunno how you deal with it. He and I grew up in eastern NC, VA and SC. How in the world you can adapt to that is beyond me. I couldn't live there if you paid me... seriously.

@TarHeelMark you called it! A big - no a HUGE game for Kenny! 18 points on 4/7 from 3; 6 rebounds 3 assists and I think he took at least 3 charges! Maybe he was the only senior that didn't let stress and nerves get to him. The other seniors seemed to press some, and miss some shots they usually make. You could tell Dook was going to play off Kenny, and try to shut down the other scorers we have.

So happy for Kenny. He can be another weapon for us if needed, down the stretch if things get tough. To say we lose tonight without his big game, is obvious. I believe he shut down the guys he was guarding pretty well, too. Reddish and Barrett got decent point totals but had to shoot a TON of shots to get there. Nobody else was a threat to go off for them.

Great call by you and congrats to Kenny and Our Heels Family - Tar Heel Nation!

You can thank me... or actually Mrs. THM. Before the first dook game I picked up this cheap wine for her because it looked like a Tar Heel logo. She drank a glass and we won. Tonight, I ran to the store at halftime and got another bottle (I seriously did this). And we came back. When the score got within 5, I noticed she hadn’t finished he glass, so I told her she had to drink it. Well, you know the rest...

59_Barefoot%20Cellars%20California%20Chardonnay%20750ml.png

As long as you need a corkscrew or don't get change back from your $1.00 it's not too cheap.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Well, wasn’t the prettiest win, but it sure does feel good! Way to go guys!

Can’t say enough about Kenny and the game he had. Dude was as tough as nails and stepped up when we needed him. Let the excuses begin about Zion and Bolden pour in/ I don’t care. We swept their dook arses and they can whine all they want, but the box score doesn’t have a “what if” column. Suck it dook!

Now let’s win a few in the ACC tourney and get that #1 NCAA seed!

We should NOW OWN a ONE Seed! Best Gozaga, Doo k twice and have 26 wins to date. That has UNC at the top of the ONE SEEDS Now as far as I am concerned...

Well, I am not a big wine drinker myself, but I do like Grand Suud Cabernet Sauvignon and their Chardonnay is really good, too. At this point,though, if it meant the Tar Heel’s would win out, I’d be willing to drink homemade win made in a bathtub.

I started smoking my victory cigars an hour before, during, and after the game. Couldn't help it, wonderful weather here in SA. Glad I didn't jinx the entire thing. To bring it all home; I'm going to have to recreate that scenario nine times. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT