ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Duke game thread 5 March 2016

What a disaster on defense there. Just so stupid. Play man to man and give them a layup.

Practically feels like a loss. Absolutely zero excuse not to beat that depleted team by 20+.

BUT.....I will cut them some slack since it was Duke and at their place.

And - impressive FT shooting down the stretch; a couple of misses and we could be watching OT right now or worse...

ExlEtcLOuBJj-woRNprywma1Qu1WN7zoG8W3bT5BbEeK7NMeefDOqJ-paL7AkHYpzpSXqSa7A0g0J1lcWTdi_uGs86599JrmwF6pJl0kzbcNVvTF1gmxIk45VpoCB8M9yw

Practically feels like a loss. Absolutely zero excuse not to beat that depleted team by 20+.

And - impressive FT shooting down the stretch; a couple of misses and we could be watching OT right now or worse...

Sorry bud but you're ****ing crazy

A Win is a Win, we won on the road, won the ACC, now let's keep it going

Haven't you been watching this series long enough to know anything goes between these 2 teams? Or this your first game?

Why do people thank dook has no good players. There players were rated alot higher the unc. How many minutes you play is over blown they are 18 and 19 yrs

Take that L like a Man dookie....stop your crying....

Just looking at the game objectively. It's a big win but Williams had better look back to both games vs. Duke this season if he thinks this team is ACCT ready and poised to go deep in the NCAAs.

How do you take 23 threes on a team with almost ludicrous advantages inside - and miss 19 of them? And also shoot only 36% overall?

How do you out-rebound a team 67-31 (29-10 off.) and barely win by 4?

How do you allow 10 steals and commit 14 turnovers?

The reason the Heels won was free-throw shooting. That's it. 20-23. Made more than Duke attempted. If not for that this was an ugly L.

Maybe this sounds like revisionist history a bit.... but I don't mind players on THIS current Duke team except for of course I hate Vanilla Whip&Trip. And Rat drives me crazy. But this win is SO SWEET for Roy and the seniors - well deserved!

And its most delicious to get to see and think of that biggest collection of dbag basketball illiterate "cute clever" fans have to slink home and wash the paint off. The boys camping out with their boyfriends for a couple weeks in the tents didn't pay off. I say this Dook team doesn't make the finals of the ACCT, and I think they are a big candidate to be sent home on the first weekend of the big dance.

Did I mention how much I hate their smug pussy dbag fans?

Reactions: nctransplant
Just looking at the game objectively. It's a big win but Williams had better look back to both games vs. Duke this season if he thinks this team is ACCT ready and poised to go deep in the NCAAs.

How do you take 23 threes on a team with almost ludicrous advantages inside - and miss 19 of them? And also shoot only 36% overall?

How do you out-rebound a team 67-31 (29-10 off.) and barely win by 4?

How do you allow 10 steals and commit 14 turnovers?

The reason the Heels won was free-throw shooting. That's it. 20-23. Made more than Duke attempted. If not for that this was an ugly L.

I mean, you realized we played Duke at their place, right? We were missing plenty inside as well. You can't just not shoot the ball. When we shoot over 20 threes we are 10-0 I think. Obviously, not a true cause and effect but I do think it reflects the fact we can win even if we have to take a bunch of outside shots. We took 50 two-pointers. That is a pretty reasonable ratio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT