ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Iona Game Thread

And somebody find me the name and number of his personal trainer back home in S.C. that he works with every summer? That ball handling and especially his shot can’t get any worse. That trainer should not be allowed to
Instruct anybody.

Reactions: Heelicious
We don’t need to lose sight of some issues that need to be addressed after tonight though. Brooks has been awful defensively against Duke last game and now tonight. He’s got to bring effort and discipline from here on out. He was awful. Luke has got to stay within himself. Nothing good happens when he puts the ball on the floor so please
Stop. Also he has got to finish at the rim. He left 6-8 points off the board by missing layups. We also need BRob to be productive off the bench. He turned it over and didn’t play especially well defensively. Leaky should spell Coby when he needs a minute here and there. Seventh Woods is simply not UNC level talent at PG. not a knock on the young man personally but it’s almost impossible to
Turn it over as often as he does in so little game time. Great game by Nas. Let’s hope we ratchet up the intensity out of the gate on sunday if we want to keep playing. You can’t have another half like that the rest of the tournament.

I agree with all of that except Brooks being bad tonight. I thought he played strong. The first 8 minutes didn’t start well for him but after that, I thought he was in position often.

Seventh Woods and his last turnover was the most mind-boggling thing I've seen in a while.
his last two, actually. First one he went into no mans land under the basket then threw it over the heels bench into the third row. Roy said "why would you do that?"
Next time down he somehow can't do a jump stop and establish a pivot foot without traveling, when all you have to do is run clock, period.

I feel bad for him, but its hard seeing him coming around. He needs to, though, get his head on right, because I bet Roy continues to use him until he plays poorly again and Roy gives him the early hook

his last two, actually. First one he went into no mans land under the basket then threw it over the heels bench into the third row. Roy said "why would you do that?"
Next time down he somehow can't do a jump stop and establish a pivot foot without traveling, when all you have to do is run clock, period.

I feel bad for him, but its hard seeing him coming around. He needs to, though, get his head on right, because I bet Roy continues to use him until he plays poorly again and Roy gives him the early hook
Yeah, the travel the next possession! The Gaels had surrendered by then, so it's even more strange.

And somebody find me the name and number of his personal trainer back home in S.C. that he works with every summer? That ball handling and especially his shot can’t get any worse. That trainer should not be allowed to
Instruct anybody.

Trainers do NOT create talent. They help individuals improve, in the ways that the individuals can actually improve...

Reactions: DaSheed
Frankly, if we don’t come out and go on a run right out of the gates, it may be a big red flag. If they don’t realize what’s about to happen if they don’t step it up, then nothing Roy or anyone else says or does will make a difference.

Now, as disappointed as I am, I am confident we will play remarkably different than we did the first half. I trust Roy and these players and I think we win this one by a comfortable margin in the end.

About to get it going, so come on boys, step it up!
A breath of air in a sea of insanity. Didn’t get on the game thread until after the game was over because I knew we would be cannibalizing the team and the staff. Man, some of you are cray cray.

There were a few games similar to ours yesterday, it routinely happens in the first round that the 13-16 seeded teams play loose while the higher seeded teams come out tight. Usually the higher seed takes control eventually.

This was a good wake up call for the team.

Reactions: Old_School59
I agree with all of that except Brooks being bad tonight. I thought he played strong. The first 8 minutes didn’t start well for him but after that, I thought he was in position often.

Fair assessment. His first 8 minutes were sooooo bad though.

Trainers do NOT create talent. They help individuals improve, in the ways that the individuals can actually improve...

I agree 100% but his handle and shot have gotten a million times worse over the course of a few summers, especially that shot? He reminds me of the kid for the 76ers with all those issues.

Good call on Nas. He was a man amongst boys last night; ended up with 19 pts in 17 minutes.
Thanks man... I figured this was the perfect game and type of team for him to show out a little bit. I figured this was the perfect game and type of team for him to show out a little bit. I am honestly a bit surprised that he didn’t get more minutes, I don’t quite know what to think about that. I believe he legitimately could have gotten to the rim whenever he wanted to last night and if he would’ve played 25 or so minutes, might of had 30 and 10. I don’t think he really played a whole lot on the perimeter offensively, which allowed him to show off his strength and athleticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarHeelMark
I agree 100% but his handle and shot have gotten a million times worse over the course of a few summers, especially that shot? He reminds me of the kid for the 76ers with all those issues.
His handle has axtuallybgotten tighter and improved... that jumper though... he needs to work with hubert davis and get rid of that hitch in it

Looking back on this thread you would think some of the guys on here had never watched an NCAA tournament game before. Its not uncommon for the 16 seed to come out firing and blow their load early. Then once halftime hits the adrenaline goes away and they start realizing theyre a 16 seed for a reason

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT