ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Notre Dame GAME THREAD

red-w-letter-arms-legs-17284.gif

Oh ye of little faith.

Let's not hear any complaints about the refs again. They gave us that game with several favorable calls and non-calls down the stretch.
You're out of your freakin' mind. They didn't give us jack squat! For the most part, I think it was fairly evenly called, like most games. But they certainly didn't give us the game. You must be smoking some real good stuff tonight.

You're out of your freakin' mind. They didn't give us jack squat!
Starting with the offensive foul when Theo slid in after Gibbs left his feet, several dubious calls favored us - including the no-call at the end - and none went ND's way that I noticed.

That game was a gift that we did not deserve.

That said, I'm very happy not to have another game in the L column.

Reactions: bradythegoat2
The refs missed an obvious goal tending/basket interference on ND in the first half that gave ND 2 points ....Just sayin

Jb played like crap on both ends and cam stunk it up as well. Theo kept us in the 2nd half

Just saw a stat ND made ZERO FGs in the last 6 mins of the game went 0/9 the notion that the refs BAILED us out is ludicrous

Yeah they go through droughts like that without Bonzie and Farrell. I'm just thankful the two of them weren't playing or else we would've been embarrassed on the toad

Yeah they go through droughts like that without Bonzie and Farrell. I'm just thankful the two of them weren't playing or else we would've been embarrassed on the toad
You're FOS. They went through that drought because of good, tough defense. The game was played with the players that were available and we won. I know that upsets you but suck it up snowflake.

You're FOS. They went through that drought because of good, tough defense. The game was played with the players that were available and we won. I know that upsets you but suck it up snowflake.

Lol ok. Trust me I'm glad we won. I'm just saying I watched the past 2 ND games and they only scored 51 and 53 pts and went on multiple 5+ min scoring droughts. I'm beyond happy we pulled it out because that would've been a pretty crappy loss since that ND team is not very talented. It just shows what a great coach Brey is.

IMO, the officiating became a little more equal in the second half. First half was a joke. But to be fair, if they guarded the 3 better, bad calls wouldn't have mattered.

Glad for the W it was ugly but love the W and the heart something to build on!!!!

Is there anyone out there that would have said "no" to a one point ACC win on the road against a 13-4/3-1 opponent? I think not.

HEEL NO, I would've said the same thing that I'm saying now after the Win- HEEL YEAH!!!!
Also, happy that Ole Roy saved those Timeouts, came to good use in the final possessions.

It will be a dam shame if UNC loses by one or two and the offensive goal tending is the difference
It is funny going back and reading this thread after the game.

The refs missed some calls but weren't that bad. We are not going to get to the line shooting open 3s. The bad part is that we missed so damn many of them.

Also, the offensive goaltend was going in anyways if you watch the bounce. So, yes, it was an offensive goaltend, but what would taking points of the board they would have gotten anyways if someone didn't touch it really mean as far as it costing you a game? That's more of a the player cost his team a game if that gets called. Not it cost the opposing team a game. I mean the shot was in.

Agree. We got bailed out with that foul by Gibbs on Berry. I thought they would've made it up and called a foul on that tip attempt too
That was clearly a foul. However, it is funny people who blame the refs and stuff and say they are against us with that play there. They could have not called it, and it wouldn't even have had people batted eyes at the no call. Yet, the refs are against us. People complain too much. There is a lot of people who are UNC fans that are like a hop and a step from being a Kentucky fan on their referee nonsense.

Let's not hear any complaints about the refs again. They gave us that game with several favorable calls and non-calls down the stretch.
I know you're a true Tar Heel fan. Maybe, you should watch the entire 40 minutes again. ;) I've seen games called worse, but the refs definitely didn't give us the win.

Last edited:
That was a good and important win IMO. Will look good for the resume in March (Tier 1 cutoff is top 75 RPI on the road, so this will be a tier 1 win even if ND drops off some). Also helps us in the ACC standings to win what most would have figured was a likely loss before the season.

I cant stand complaining about the refs, but I'd say they were slanted a bit towards ND this game (as often happens for the home team). They did not give us the game, but I think we were fortunate to get both the Theo charge drawn and Joel shooting foul. I'd have expected at least one to go the other way in a typical game. That said, they were the correct calls.

We need to shoot better from outside, but I was happy to see Luke have another good game and us cut down onthe turnovers. Kenny has been in a bit of a funk from deep lately I think. I wish we'd help less off of shooters on defense too, but our two point defense is really strong for playing small so much.

That was a good and important win IMO. Will look good for the resume in March (Tier 1 cutoff is top 75 RPI on the road, so this will be a tier 1 win even if ND drops off some). Also helps us in the ACC standings to win what most would have figured was a likely loss before the season.

I cant stand complaining about the refs, but I'd say they were slanted a bit towards ND this game (as often happens for the home team). They did not give us the game, but I think we were fortunate to get both the Theo charge drawn and Joel shooting foul. I'd have expected at least one to go the other way in a typical game. That said, they were the correct calls.

We need to shoot better from outside, but I was happy to see Luke have another good game and us cut down onthe turnovers. Kenny has been in a bit of a funk from deep lately I think. I wish we'd help less off of shooters on defense too, but our two point defense is really strong for playing small so much.

Agreed for the most part. Watching the replay though I wouldn't say it was the right call. Theo slid under Gibbs when he was already in the act of shooting. Usually the home team will get that call and it's so hard to call it in real time but replay showed it was a bad call. I thought the Berry call was probably correct but honestly hard to tell in replay since they didn't really show it. I was relieved they didn't call a foul on Johnson on the second put back - replay shows he swiped Gibbs across the face.

All in all I'm just relieved. We played terribly and escaped with an acc road win. On to clemson.

We went on the road to play a very talented and very well coached team in a hostile environment. We kept the turnovers to a minimum, got some very valuable contributions from a 7' true freshman, and won in the end because of the seniors stepping up and making winning plays. The experience gained by the 5 underclassmen that played will benefit the team this year and years to come. The officiating sucked, the crowd was into it, and history for this year was against us. They stepped up and took the game. The game was not "gifted". It was a win in more ways than in the win/loss record!

Definitely happy for the win especially on the road but let's not pretend notre dame without Colton and farrel are anything resembling talented. Sure they are well coached and disciplined but being real that's a team we would handle quite easily most years. But I agree any win on the road is a nice feather in the cap,

You don't play terribly and win at Notre Dame. They outrebounded us and we didn't shoot particularly well but our defense was solid. All in all, a great road win against a quality NCAAT team.

Well we did play terribly and won. We had the luxury of not playing well and still winning since ND was down their top 2 guys. Our defense was solid yeah but let's remember they have only scored 51 and 53 without Colson and Farrell. A lot of shooters for them were wide open. I'm just happy we escaped

Reactions: MWHeels
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT