ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Ohio State gam thread Wednesday 4 December 2019

Like I have said before, we are still being affected by the NCAA investigation that damaged our recruiting for years. The roster is gradually being rebuilt, but we will not be fully recovered from the scandal years until the albatross that is the 2017 recruiting class finally departs the program in 2021. In the meantime, we can hope that the 2020 recruits will relegate the 2017 class other than Brooks to the end of the bench.

Don’t forget Manley being injured and Seventh transferring... this team would be different with those two alone
And don’t forget Francis, BRob, Leaky, and Harris can’t get healthy.

We could build a nice house with all these bricks we are shooting
Something along the order of the Biltmore. Never seen a UNC team shoot this poorly from all over the floor.

Big stat in this game is bench points which is 18-3 and since OSU is up 14 u can do the math
We’re getting nothing from our bench. Zilch.

I never expected to beat OSU... as soon as I saw them beat Villanova.

I'm much more concerned about the long-term with Bacot's injury.
Me too buddy. I expected to lose tonight. Without Mando, we are going to struggle to beat anybody who’s decent.

It’s time to take off the kid gloves with Francis and Harris. This team badly needs whatever they can provide because it’s got to be better than Platek and Keeling.
Roy isn’t going to sacrifice their health just to win a few more games, nor should he. Believe you me, he wants badly for them to be able to play. We need them desperately.
You can't blame it on that one class cuz we usually tighten to 7-8 in our lineup and we have 13 scholarships. Those 3 scholarships shouldn't kill our team. It just kills me we wasted 2 scholarships on grad transfers instead of just getting 4 star recruits who wanted to be at Carolina who would develop.
Our staff tried desperately to get those kind of recruits to come, they just didn’t. It wasn’t for want of trying.

Like Boogie, Mann, and Nnaji? Dude the 4 stars turned us down also.
Amen.

Manley and Seventh would do nothing for spacing we already have 12 guys that cant shoot, adding 2 more or a hundred more wouldn't help , this team would start and flourish with a Wes Miller or Dant'e Calabria ... Just give me somebody that can shoot a little..

Manley and Seventh would do nothing for spacing we already have 12 guys that cant shoot, adding 2 more or a hundred more wouldn't help , this team would start and flourish with a Wes Miller or Dant'e Calabria ... Just give me somebody that can shoot a little..

bingo! Shooters create space for everybody else. When you don’t have shooters, it’s very easy to defend the 1 or 2 offensive threats we have on the floor at any time especially when the primary 1 is also your primary ball handler.

Like I have said before, we are still being affected by the NCAA investigation that damaged our recruiting for years. The roster is gradually being rebuilt, but we will not be fully recovered from the scandal years until the albatross that is the 2017 recruiting class finally departs the program in 2021. In the meantime, we can hope that the 2020 recruits will relegate the 2017 class other than Brooks to the end of the bench.

And you have to admit at the time brooks was a stretch with a scholarship offer too. Now he has progressed more than the others but still has a long way to go. Just a head scratcher with some of the offers given out during the “cloud”. Why couldn’t I have been playing back then then just maybe I would’ve had a chance or or one my kids would’ve been nice too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT