ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs NC State game thread on: Wednesday 10 January 2024

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Old games and records do not matter when these two Tobacco Road Opponents meet and I expect no difference tonight. State plays very similar to Miami as they start one big and 4 guards who can all shoot from downtown and they are very careful with the rock.

I expect the game will come down to the bigs in the paint who can score, who can defend the other and who gets into foul trouble. I like D J Burns a lot because he has both an inside game and a nice mid range jumper and can post on anyone. Bacot is taller and probably just as strong as Burns so in the end it might be like Ali vsFrazier 15 round fight…

In the last two games Carolina’s perimeter defense has been great limiting Pittsburgh and Clemson’s bombers and the hope is that the trend will continue tonight.

Both the Panthers and the Tigers made a conscious effort to take R J Davis out of the Tar Heels offense by putting a taller defender on him and at times double teaming him making others step up to score and his teammates did just that. I do not know if State will continue that trend but if they do I expect Ryan and Ingram to step up big time.

I do not remember one time that Carolina was able to run a fast break against Clemson so this might be a good time to speed up the action especially since Burns carries 300 pounds on his frame
give or take and that could really tire him out.

One other thing don’t be surprised if Withers instead of Washington comes in when Armando needs a break because he is more compact and has played in the paint before.

When the smoke clears I feel Carolina will win a close one but more importantly with a high emotional contest against a rival team my biggest hope is that all of the Tar Heel players come out of this battle with no injuries…

Take no prisoners and leave no doubt

Both teams cold early and Carolina has three turnovers and one leads to a State layup but Ingram posts up his defender and scores 4-4

Middlebrooks hits a ft on a very weak foul called on Bacot then Taylor s wide open three and a Parker base line jam but Washington a tip in 23-21

don’t get it…if they’re “letting them play” that was a terrible reason for “it’s getting too chippy”.

*Armando Bacot touches guy from State*
Guy from state:
IMG-7255.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT