ADVERTISEMENT

***UNC VS Purdue - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Hard to win with nothing from manek or bacot and mckoy not bringing much to the table. Give the mins to freshmen

Reactions: TheGLOV
Loved the effort, execution is lagging, but that is somewhat expected. Great type of game to sift out who your dogs are.

They had far and away the better looks all night, hard to win that way, need to find some continuity on offense. Defense is going to be a challenge, did a bit better staying home on Stefo at least, but Leaky O Leaky where for art thou.

From what I’ve seen of McKoy I think I would replace him in the rotation with Styles. McKoy just looks so lost and nervous. With all of the turnovers and Bacot, Manek and McKoy being Mia along with Harris and Waltons extremely questionable shot selections, drives and misses it’s a great learning experience

Reactions: Heelicious
I wonder what the experts here who say Black brings nothing to the team is saying after watching the Purdue guards light up the scoreboard
I believe this is like the 15th time I've seen you comment something similar to this regarding Black. I'm genuinely curious if you are a family member of Black. He has had 3 good defensive games so far this year, that does not erase the below average 3 prior years.

With that said, his defense (as of the 3 games so far this year) was definitely missed today. Hopefully he will be back soon.

I wonder what the experts here who say Black brings nothing to the team is saying after watching the Purdue guards light up the scoreboard
We give up 87 and 83 to two mid-major teams with sub-200 offenses according to Kenpom and Black playing heavy minutes, but then 93 to the number 2 offense in the country and you think it's because we missed Leaky?

He wouldn't have covered Ivey well as hyper-quick guards are not his forte. He also wouldn't have helped against Williams/Edey, who beat up our bigs on D. He would be a good defender against Stefanovic, but I actually thought we did decent against him. Guy just hit a lot of tough shots.

I think we weren't going to stop them even with Leaky, we needed to have a near perfect offensive game. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the offense, but Manek / Bacot didn't give us much at all and Love a few too many mistakes.

Reactions: Travis2262
We give up 87 and 83 to two mid-major teams with sub-200 offenses according to Kenpom and Black playing heavy minutes, but then 93 to the number 2 offense in the country and you think it's because we missed Leaky?

He wouldn't have covered Ivey well as hyper-quick guards are not his forte. He also wouldn't have helped against Williams/Edey, who beat up our bigs on D. He would be a good defender against Stefanovic, but I actually thought we did decent against him. Guy just hit a lot of tough shots.

I think we weren't going to stop them even with Leaky, we needed to have a near perfect offensive game. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the offense, but Manek / Bacot didn't give us much at all and Love a few too many mistakes.
You do realize Stefanovic had his career high today, right ??

I've watched him since he was a sophmore in high school, he is a Kerwin Walton type, let him catch and shoot or pump fake a late defender and shoot in rhythm he will not miss much. Limited off the dribble to create.

I would disagree that he had tough looks, high school teams did not let him get the looks he got tonight, especially in the 1st half

I've watched him since he was a sophmore in high school, he is a Kerwin Walton type, let him catch and shoot or pump fake a late defender and shoot in rhythm he will not miss much. Limited off the dribble to create.

I would disagree that he had tough looks, high school teams did not let him get the looks he got tonight, especially in the 1st half
Fair enough. I missed the first few minutes, when he had a couple buckets. I did think some of shots were tough, and am probably conditioned to poor three-point defense from Carolina based on the last few years. Maybe Leaky would've made a difference there.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Fair enough. I missed the first few minutes, when he had a couple buckets. I did think some of shots were tough, and am probably conditioned to poor three-point defense from Carolina based on the last few years. Maybe Leaky would've made a difference there.
I've watched the kid since his sophmore year, his team took us out in regional in his junior year. He is a pure shooter, make him put it on the floor, sheesh we let him feel so comfy. Leaky would of been a great matchup on him.

I call bs. He took some risky shots at best. Lol. You say it was a career night because he wasn’t guarded. I say it’s because the dang basket looked like the ocean for while. He’s a great shooter. Leaky wasn’t shutting him down. All IMO of course

I call bs. He took some risky shots at best. Lol. You say it was a career night because he wasn’t guarded. I say it’s because the dang basket looked like the ocean for while. He’s a great shooter. Leaky wasn’t shutting him down. All IMO of course
The kid can shoot!!!!

Just saying he is a Kerwin type, not a difficult guard. He will light you up if you let him catch and shoot in rhythm. Not nearly the threat if he has to put it on the floor more then 1 or 2 dribbles A Leaky type defender is tailor made to keep him quiet. IMO

The kid can shoot!!!!

Just saying he is a Kerwin type, not a difficult guard. He will light you up if you let him catch and shoot in rhythm. Not nearly the threat if he has to put it on the floor more then 1 or 2 dribbles A Leaky type defender is tailor made to keep him quiet. IMO
I agree with you mostly. But with the screens that was set for him and the shots he took it would have be tough for anyone to guard him. Those were big time shots.

Reactions: dtodd4475
The kid can shoot!!!!

And I thought it was interesting when he shot those late fts. He literally was bored and knew he was gonna make those. Lol.

Hey, I'm a Sasha fan. He sat as a frosh, got some run last year, but this may not be his career high for long.

The Newman kid didn't do much today, but another I'm familiar with as a prep and a player! Better all around game, scorer. Purdue is a solid squad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT