ADVERTISEMENT

***UNC VS Tennessee - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

OMG Davis missed a point blank, in defended layup.

He should be benched for a game for that

Don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve seen a poorer team effort. That’s on the players and especially, the staff. And I don’t want to hear about Davis being too small to be effective, 5-9 Ziegler was just that on both ends of the floor. Just got taken out behind the woodshed and thrashed. Worst part about it is we didn’t seem to care. Simply no excuse for the lack of basic fundamentals.

The defense sucks so bad. And I know you can coach defense but I feel like you need to coach offense more than defense.

defense is a lot about effort, hustle, want to, toughness.

how many times have we beaten Tennessee to a loose ball, a rebound, a spot on the floor.

a lot of guys d effort SUCKS. Starting with love and Walton. That has to change or this team won’t make the tourney.

literally every team scores 90 on us and shoots 55+% for the game, 70+% for a half - without breaking a sweat.

it’s like a shoot around practice.

Rick Barnes figured out how to beat the Carolina system when he was a Clemson. He's owned us since.

The defense sucks so bad. And I know you can coach defense but I feel like you need to coach offense more than defense.

how many times have we beaten Tennessee to a loose ball, a rebound, a spot on the floor.

a lot of guys d effort SUCKS. Starting with love and Walton. That has to change or this team won’t make the tourney.

literally every team scores 90 on us and shoots 55+% for the game, 70+% for a half - without breaking a sweat.

it’s like a shoot around practice.

You have to coach defense. I cant believe you even said this... lol

You have to coach defense. I cant believe you even said this... lol
Lighten up. Is your comprehension that low? Do you have to coach people to make the effort to fight through screens or stay in front of your man or hustle back? GFY.

UNC 9 assists for the game 13 TO'S while they had 28 assists and 10 TO's! Our guards were terrible !!!!!!!!!!!

RJ 3-11.
Love 3-8
Walton 0-4

Meanwhile

Chandler 6-13
Vascovy 6-12
Zeigler 7-10

Reactions: Heels5150
Effort definitely wasn’t there.. team was emotionally and physically spent from Saturday.. they were a step slow all day .. Manek was pulling on his shorts early in the first half & Garcia had no burst all day.. Not having a true point and a wing that score off the bounce makes this team rely too heavily on jumpers

Michigan and UCLA coming up soon...not looking good.
Yeah, bro really a great schedule for this team. Good odds at 4 Ls there and no significant non-con wins. We would've been better off with some average P5 teams for the resume. And then the ACC is not looking very strong this year.

UNC 9 assists for the game 13 TO'S while they had 28 assists and 10 TO's! Our guards were terrible !!!!!!!!!!!

RJ 3-11.
Love 3-8
Walton 0-4

Meanwhile

Chandler 6-13
Vascovy 6-12
Zeigler 7-10
RJ lead the TO squad today with 4……and those wild drives to the basket throwing the ball up should also count as a turnover….so in my book RJ had about 11 turnovers

Is Dunn injured? Why in the world did Hubert not play him in the second half when we were down by 20? Why is Walton in the game getting abused on both ends of the court. Is Dunn just there because Williams offered a scholarship and Hubert feels obligated to honor it until he transfers next year? How can we ever tell if Dunn can play when he and Styles ride the bench during a blow out? Hell, I would had let Lebo play five minutes!

Reactions: Archer2
Yes, it is. Our defense right now shows the extent to which we lack those characteristics. And our defensive deficiencies are exacerbated by too many ill advised shots, just like another turnover. If we don’t improve greatly in both regards, it will be a looooooong year, and not because we made a strong run in the NCAAT!

This team is hard to watch. Supposedly spacing the floor would allow players to drive, but there is almost no driving happening.

You troll with this on multiple boards. It's not that good of a troll. Either troll better or not at all.
Can’t handle the truth. So many fans thought it was their duty to trash players, coaches and the teams in general…These are young men doing all they can to represent the University of North Carolina and to constantly put them down because they do not perform to your individual ego is silly and not right…This is a team game. You win as a team and lose as a team…

RJ 3-11.
Love 3-8
Walton 0-4

Meanwhile

Chandler 6-13
Vascovy 6-12
Zeigler 7-10
Our guards seemed to get beaten time and time again. This has been happening for a few years.

Lighten up. Is your comprehension that low? Do you have to coach people to make the effort to fight through screens or stay in front of your man or hustle back? GFY.

Good defense isnt just about effort.

Playing with effort without communication and knowing your rotations means nothing. Where help should be. You have to instill a mentality of defense with your practice habits. Effort is only a part of defense. To much effort gets you beat defensively and in foul trouble.

You really think coaches say just go play hard?

Can’t handle the truth. So many fans thought it was their duty to trash players, coaches and the teams in general…These are young men doing all they can to represent the University of North Carolina and to constantly put them down because they do not perform to your individual ego is silly and not right…This is a team game. You win as a team and lose as a team…
Again, really bad troll. But keep on looking weak. I was just trying to help you out. Stick to what you're good at, fan policing.

Mehhhh I don’t think it’s end of the world and I’m a long time critic. They shot their wad against Purdue in easily their biggest game of the season and had nothing left in the tank for a meaningless game
Against a non conf foe who themselves was trying to bounce back from their most embarrassing outing of the year. Imo it’s an anomaly.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Mehhhh I don’t think it’s end of the world and I’m a long time critic. They shot their wad against Purdue in easily their biggest game of the season and had nothing left in the tank for a meaningless game
Against a non conf foe who themselves was trying to bounce back from their most embarrassing outing of the year. Imo it’s an anomaly.
One concern I have that may be a lingering problem throughout is the challenged overall defensive ability of this roster. Better improve on that front or we will need to win shootouts, and on nights where the shots aren't falling, well then there could be more nights of being on the wrong side of non competitive finishes.

Plenty of potential to be good this year, but giving it up as easily as we have leaves little room for error against decent teams.

The Prediction Thread for for the UNC's next game against UNC-Asheville is up for the game Tuesday night. Looking for 5-10 more players. It is not to late to jump in a win some nice prizes. Four exciting contests!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT