ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Virginia game thread for Friday 13 March 2015aaa

James has done more for UVA tonight than he has us . . even scoring for them.

My Gawd . . he is just freaking pitiful.

We are playing GREAT defense, and shooting well. I hate everything Joel James does on the court. Think where we'd be if Hicks and Meeks got his minutes. He is a human turnover, and even scores for the other team. Can't catch a perfect soft pass.

We should be ahead so much more than we are, if it weren't for the turnovers. I sure hope we don't see James the rest of the game. What a liability.

Taking the timeout at the end of the half to set something up is smart. Why then do we just dribble around and then heave up a prayer. Happens almost every time we call the TO.

Originally posted by IDUNK4HEELS:
30-23 at half but turnovers are killing UNC. Tokoto had been good on defense but his passes have been terrible
most of them weren't passes they were heaves out of bounds! Hoping he play more under control. Agree with the belief he should never take a jump shot either, go to the rim. He would foul the other guys out that way and would get to the line almost every time.

Originally posted by UNC-75:
Taking the timeout at the end of the half to set something up is smart. Why then do we just dribble around and then heave up a prayer. Happens almost every time we call the TO.
I have to laugh each time because it's so predictable. Coming out of timeouts and end of half plays are disastrous. I don't know If its this team or Roy's play calling but 8/10 times its a stupid turnover or wild off balance shots.

Because UNC last second shots HAVE to be from PAIGE. So, teams just guard Paige and then the play crumbles.

Originally posted by IDUNK4HEELS:
30-23 at half but turnovers are killing UNC. Tokoto had been good on defense but his passes have been terrible
Agreed. Take away James and Tokoto's turnovers (Tok should be on the court, and adds a lot on D, JJ adds nothing)... and we should be up about 40 -21.

JJ probably cost us a good two baskets on our lead. That said, some great defense that half and if we could hang on to the effing ball we may be able to win this one

There is no doubt a big UVA run is coming. I just hope we have the right smart, careful, calm people on the court, playing hard on both ends, to weather it.

James and tokoto are the only reason Carolina isn't up 15 points. I think JP is the best/worst passer in unc history. James is just out of his league tonight. This game is too big for him. He can't seem to even catch a basic pass. And for some reason we're feeding him like he's the second coming of Shaq.

Well VA played really bad that half, we should have built on that lead. Good greif, hope Meeks can get more minutes next half.

Originally posted by imajericho:
Because UNC last second shots HAVE to be from PAIGE. So, teams just guard Paige and then the play crumbles.
Pretty simple, Paige is THE ONLY ONE who wants the ball in those situations! Berry should have drove to the hole and shot or dished.

It hasn't been perfect, but it's been pretty good considering the opposition. However, UVA has been playing uncharacteristically poor themselves, which I don't think will continue.

There's no room for error against UVA and our turnovers are killing us.

I do like the overall tenacity and the rebounding efforts. I have seen Joel James making improvements and great contributions, but I have my doubts that UVA is a team that he can show a lot of progress. He looks great against Boston College or GT, but against better teams, his liabilities are more apparent.

Scoring 30 points in one half against UVA is pretty good!!!

I know James has not looked good with turnovers, etc and you want him out of the game, but he has contributed to the defense in a big way IMO. If he could only learn the offensive side he could contribute points, etc. But he still is contributing on the defense. But, I agree. Hicks should be in there more and keep James of Defensive/Offensive plays down the stretch.

Originally posted by berens007:
JJ probably cost us a good two baskets on our lead. That said, some great defense that half and if we could hang on to the effing ball we may be able to win this one
More like 4 baskets. The one he scored for them, and 3 on our end that Brice would've finished that somehow he turned over, squandered, or took horrible shots (like 1 15 footer fadeaway from behind the backboard - good chance of that going in....)
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
Pretty simple, Paige is THE ONLY ONE who wants the ball in those situations! Berry should have drove to the hole and shot or dished.
Coach draws up the plays.

38-27 after a Jackson three -his third of the game. Virginia still clogging the paint which has given Paige and Jackson open looks. To this point aVirginia has not shown any inside game

Yes, and many times Paige is the 2nd or 3rd option, trouble is coach don't pass the ball.

I wish we could find a way to keep Tokoto in the game without him handling it so much on the perimeter.

Yes, and many times Paige is the 2nd or 3rd option, trouble is coach don't pass the ball.
Watch every last second shot this year. From Nc State to ND to end of half times to whoever.

They dribble the ball up high until about 5-10 seconds left then pass to paige who takes a shot usually hella contested (only once I remember him passing it off for an awesome game winning fg).

Justin Jackson is playing tonight like we expected him to all season. Love it.
QFT

The kid is getting it done tonight. Confidence in your shot is 50% of shooting . .

38-27 under 16 to go snd Meeks will be on the line when the contest starts up again
Defense and no second shots for the Wahoos
Carolina has not subbed yet in the half so that will be a time of concern

This officiating hasn't seemed too even the last 4 minutes. Hicks got mugged... no call. And some very bogus soft calls on Meeks, Hicks, and Brice on the other end.

Big Joel on the floor to get the tie up! Gave Meeks a breather-time to not get that 4th foul.

45-36 as Virginia is taking a page from Duke's playbook by now driving to the hole every time they have the ball which is resulting in a layup attempt or free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT