ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Wisconsin Thursday 26 March 2015 game thread

Agree Mike. Our lack of leadership hurt us all year in close games. I think our toughness was exceptional for about 34 minutes tonight but really got tight and played scared down the stretch.

UNC won this game. It was Roy Williams inserting a bad line up for a 3 minute stretch and when it was obvious it was being exploited not calling timeout to get out of it.

Loss is 100% on Roy.

Well, as up and down as this year has been I can't really complain too much about this game. Not our best, but not our worst either and we took it to them the whole game.

Really, guys, I think if we were all honest back in November no one thought this team would be a legit threat to win it all. With the way some things played out this year we could have finished a lot worse this year. We have a lot of young guys who still make mistakes and with injuries and such I think this is about where I thought we would finish up.

Gotta give Wisconsin credit, too, they play very smart and are a very good team. This was a tough draw for us and we all knew our road to the Final Four was probably the toughest of all the ACC teams left.

Good season, not great. Not what I hoped for and certainly not how I wanted it to end, but I am not going to rag our kids or Roy. We may not like what he does, but the man has earned the right to make the decisions he makes. And you can bet no one here will beat him up over decisions more than he will.

And how many TO's did we have at the end?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Time me to go watch the baseball team full time and see who Roy can reel in to get us back to where we want to be.
This post was edited on 3/26 10:02 PM by Littlejon

Not impressed with Kaminsky. I think tonight just won the NPY award to Okafor. IMO so much more potential with Okafor. Hate to say it but it was pretty clear to me tonight. Kaminsky maybe the 3 or 4 at best player on the floor.

Just a stop or two from a different outcome. This team never made the switch from all Paige at the end of games and he hasn't been able to do that this year.

Originally posted by imajericho:
UNC won this game. It was Roy Williams inserting a bad line up for a 3 minute stretch and when it was obvious it was being exploited not calling timeout to get out of it.

Loss is 100% on Roy.
That would be correct, now to Roy's credit he didnt know that Britt was going to lay an egg there but yes that was the turning point and yet another blunder on Roy..

Originally posted by UNC-75:
Not impressed with Kaminsky. I think tonight just won the NPY award to Okafor. IMO so much more potential with Okafor. Hate to say it but it was pretty clear to me tonight. Kaminsky maybe the 3 or 4 at best player on the floor.
I am impressed He will be good at the next level he already has an NBA style game and can stretch the D..

yeah those head scratching substitutions hurt big time!!
Roy never settled on a substitution pattern all year long!!
This post was edited on 3/26 10:06 PM by Bur-Heel

Originally posted by geo1464:
out scored 23 to 12 in last 7 min
flush.r191677.gif
pucker 10 agian.
its not so much a choke job Heels become very one dimensional when it comes down to the end of close games, they stop going to Johnson, and really just run the play for Paige over and over...

Originally posted by Bur-Heel:

at least know you made a bad one and call TO earlier and change it, dont wait 2 extra possessions to compound the problem..

Originally posted by Bur-Heel:

Roy never settled on a substitution pattern all year long!!
This post was edited on 3/26 10:06 PM by Bur-Heel
Berry should have been in there late.

Originally posted by Spaceytoyz:

I am impressed He will be good at the next level he already has an NBA style game and can stretch the D..
I respect your opinion, but if I'm the GM I'm not taking him over a number of other players. Seen that movie before, yes will be in the league for a number of years cause not many big men can shoot the three, but I take others before him.

The sub for Berry with Nate was a KILLER ..................he just did not belong in the game at that point

Originally posted by Spaceytoyz:

I respect your opinion, but if I'm the GM I'm not taking him over a number of other players. Seen that movie before, yes will be in the league for a number of years cause not many big men can shoot the three, but I take others before him.
Depends on the Needs of the Teams and how they play, he cant play on a lot of west teams because he cant get up and down, He can play for Milwaukee or Boston or Detroit and be fine

Originally posted by keysersosay#1:

The sub for Berry with Nate was a KILLER ..................he just did not belong in the game at that point
It threw the game out of wack for the Heels , but after the Arkansas game who knew he was going to stink the joint up so bad..

Originally posted by keysersosay#1:

You mean the same Nate that played out of his mind against Arkansas . . . or a different Nate . . ?

I doubt that Roy is some psychic that knows who is going to play well, generate points and turnovers or grab the most rebounds.

You keep Berry in for Defense. Defending the substitution is stupid. Especially after he could have called timeout to get out of it before it go too bad.

None of it makes any difference this year. If we play our best game and UK plays average, UK wins by 10. And that goes for every team out there. Those guys are just flat out good and much better than anyone else.

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
None of it makes any difference this year. If we play our best game and UK plays average, UK wins by 10. And that goes for every team out there. Those guys are just flat out good and much better than anyone else.
its playing for second that is true, but you try and advance past the beatable teams

Originally posted by UNC71-00:
Yea man I was thinking this about Kentucky. Although I think the Heels should have held it together and beat Wisky.
Put together 40 minutes and beat Arizona, not real sure this same 40 minutes would be Kentucky on their bad day. Man they are really good...

Don't even know who I am pulling for now, guess anybody besides Dook or Pack

This post was edited on 3/26 10:34 PM by luv the heels 62

Originally posted by coolo:
Originally posted by luv the heels 62:
Don't even know who I am pulling for now, guess anybody besides Fook or Pack
ND?
I like Wisconsin they played hard were never dis respectful in the game and showed class winning

I don't like Wisconsin. They whine at every call and flop around like a well oiled Dook squad. The players all look like they listen to Katy Perry. They are the epitome of Big 10 boring ass basketball.

I would pull for them against UK, dook and moo. Other than that, I am pulling for their opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT