ADVERTISEMENT

USC Football Team Info

Yall do realize that 99.9% of the fans on the usc rivals board has ZERO respect for UNC, predicting double digit victory and ZERO respect for the ACC. Yet, I see a lot of coddling going on here. Get a backbone guys. Ill be a Tarheel fan on September 3rd for sure.

My bad. TAR HEELS!!!!
It's all good man, I wasn't singling you out. It's just an annoying thing that fans of other teams, and WORSE, some Carolina fans do that drives me nuts. When you correct them, they're just like "well, I've always spelled it this way."

Yeah...well you've always been wrong, dumb*** lol. Very excited for this game though! Got my tickets in the mail last week.

Good luck to the Heels. From what I can tell your offense will be very good. Hated to see Quinshad Davis leave the state but he is a talented WR. Should be a good game.

Good luck to the Heels. From what I can tell your offense will be very good. Hated to see Quinshad Davis leave the state but he is a talented WR. Should be a good game.
We don't get too many players out of S.C. these days, so getting Quinshad was definitely a small coup for us, especially considering the fact that Fedora had just assumed the role of head coach in December (i.e. 2 months before that NSD).

A lot of us wanted the staff to go after Davis, but in the end, they opted for different players at that position. Ive watched his progress over the last couple of years. Good player.

A lot of us wanted the staff to go after Davis, but in the end, they opted for different players at that position. Ive watched his progress over the last couple of years. Good player.

We had one WR position open and from what I remember told both Davis and Kwinton Smith out of Dillon the first to commit would get it. Smith did and now is playing baseball somewhere. Not sure Davis would have come to SC anyway. That was few years ago. Right around the time Clemson got either Mike Williams or Charone Peake.

Yall do realize that 99.9% of the fans on the usc rivals board has ZERO respect for UNC, predicting double digit victory and ZERO respect for the ACC. Yet, I see a lot of coddling going on here. Get a backbone guys. Ill be a Tarheel fan on September 3rd for sure.

I was waiting for a Clemson fan to jump from the "USC Disrespect . . ." post to this one. It was only a matter of time before they felt the need to insert themselves into a civil statistical discussion between fans of opponents in a game that will not involve Clemson. I kindly refer you to post #17 above.

It would be helpful for everyone on this thread if you were to use "Clemson fans" in place of "us" and "Clemson coaches" in place of "they" in your post above. Thanks.

I have only been back once or twice, but there is little in this world that compares to the Shenandoah Valley in the fall. I was a politics major who spent a large portion of my time in the history building. I still keep in touch with a few former professors. My fraternity was recently kicked off campus for a minor violation, so a number of us are struggling with our support for the school right now. But I would say we all have fond memories of our experiences in Lexington and the people there.

Speaking of fraternities, I will say that I had a great pledge trip back in the fall of 1994--we went to UNC, Duke, Wake, Davidson etc. over a weekend. UNC was by far the most hospitable and fun. We walked into the front door of a fraternity and I mentioned a few of my friends from high school. Within minutes, they had reached out to these same friends and we all ended up at a party together and then a late night pizza place. That was my only trip to Chapel Hill. It was the best school we visited out of all the schools on our NC pledge trip.

Ever have Taylor Sanders in History?

And what house were you in? Was Buddy Atkins still the dean of fraternities when you were there?

Never had Sanders. Multiple classes with Merchant and Cecil in history department.

Phi Kappa Psi, which was just across from the police station. And if Buddy Atkins were still in charge of the fraternities Phi Psi would still be on campus.

Reactions: UNC71-00
What did they do to get booted?

I dated a chick who lived next door to the police station. Used to wander over to your house from time to time, but usually went to Pi Phi (wasnt that what yall called the Pi Kapps?)

Hazing. It wasn't that bad from what I hear--much less than another fraternity did about 15 years ago, and they were only suspended for a year.

And, yes, Pi Kappa Phi was two houses down from Phi Psi.

Just named our starting defense:

2015 (10 Upperclassmen, 21 Varsity Letters, 39 Stars)

CCooper SR-3L 3 Star
DSawyer SO 4 Star
MLewis JR 4 Star
GDixonJr SR-3L 3 Star
JWalton JR-2L 3 Star
SMoore JR-2L 4 Star
LBryant JR-2L 4 Star
CElder JR-2L 4 Star
JDiggs JR-2L 4 Star
Johnson SR-3L 3 Star
RMcWilliams JR-2L 3 Star

2014 (5 Upperclassmen, 16 Varsity Letters, 34 Stars) – 91st in Nation in Total Defense
2013 (8 Upperclassmen, 18 Varsity Letters, 39 Stars) – 21st in Nation in Total Defense
2012 (7 Upperclassmen, 24 Varsity Letters, 38 Stars) – 13th in Nation in Total Defense
2011 (10 Upperclassmen, 24 Varsity Letters, 40 Stars) – 2nd in Nation in Total Defense

All, just wanted to stop by after the game. Not to gloat but to say I had a good time in Charlotte and met a number of nice UNC fans sitting around. There was absolutely some friendly taunting on both sides throughout the game, but all in good fun. My takes from a USC perspective:

(1) I don't understand Fedora's play calling inside the 10 on that last drive. I mean I get that the passing game was what got the several first downs leading up to the first and goal from the 9. But why not spread us out with your receivers and then run Hood? That kid was a beast. It looked to me like he wasn't just getting open holes. He was breaking tackles. Isn't that the guy you want with the ball in his hands on the 9 yard line rather than a guy who has already thrown 2 picks, including one in the end zone?

(2) Having said all that, I was completely impressed with your WRs. QD and Bug were dominant when thrown to. Switzer found some nice space as the second option in Quise's progressions, and then he turned that space into extra yardage. I can see why Fedora went to them time and again between the 20's . . . just not in the red zone.

(3) While I didn't see many outstanding individual efforts on your D (with the exception of a couple plays by the CBs, who were in perfect position and had perfect technique on several plats), I thought in general Chizik had your players playing their assignments well and in a good position to do so. My only thing is that late in the game we kept running the read option to the right and there was no one there. We ran it to the left and we ran into all of your LBs. I would have thought after the second or third run Chizik would have made the adjustment. But I guess he assumed what we all assumed is that the USC's left side of the OL led nearly every decent running play for us last year and would do so again this year.

All in all, I predicted that it would be an even match coming down to a score in the 4th quarter. Of course, I expected the over. Can't get everything right. Thanks again for the hospitality in Charlotte from the many UNC fans I met (and I very much was impressed with BOA Stadium and the renovations to the club level and suites). Good luck the rest of the year.

Reactions: Littlejon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT