ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas early line UNC-USC

completely disagree ... USCjr's O is very unproven ... WRs, QB, RB ... their execution will be the key to this game against a new UNC D that will be very raw as well ... a Vegas +/- 3 game is like a toss up , they are basically saying they dont know who will win .... Im guessing most people will go with USCjr because of their recent history, even if last year was a rough one for them ... and the fact that their recruiting / depth has been pretty good over the years with Ole Shiny Pants

The RBs are actually proven and is supposed to be one of their strengths. Wilds had some good games filling in for Lattimore. Williams has shown some sparks of a possible NFL caliber RB.

If South Carolina controls the tempo of the game, it's going to be a long and boring one. If the revamped North Carolina defense can actually stop the run and get South Carolina's offense off the field, we might end up with a shootout. Very dangerous spread and o/u with this game. My suggestion, leave it off your parlay cards.

Can one of you USCjr fans tell us what areas of your team cause you concern?
SaturdayDownSouth.com just had a good write up on them.

QB with hardly any game time experience (He is a 4 star though)
Same with the WR but there are some names that could shine. Alshon Jefferies younger brother is going to get more touches this year.
Juco and other transfers might have filled in some big gaps in the defense. The strength of the defense will be the LBs. Bend, don't break might come into play this season and wear any offense out by the 3rd and 4th quarter.
Huge question mark on the special teams. There were plenty of games lost because of a 4th quarter meltdown. What is not talked about is that they about gave the Vanderbilt game away with horrible special teams play last year.

Can one of you USCjr fans tell us what areas of your team cause you concern?

Not a USCjr fan but Gamecocks fan. I would say there are a lot of areas of concern. I think the defense will be better but how much remains to be seen. Biggest problem on D was no pass rush and lack of athleticism at DE. New players should help that area. Lewis at DE is doing really well. Offensively we had to replace lot of players. RB has some proven experience but QB and WRs other than Cooper are new so that is an area of concern.

I agree that is a disadvantage. JUCO players can fill gaps quicker many times than a true freshman can. I think Clemson doesnt take them either. 3 or so of our DL that will get lots of PT are from JUCO. Lewis will be one starter at DE and Sawyer and Ulrich Jones inside. UNC always seems to have very good Defensive lineman. Doesnt seem to have hurt you in that area. Not sure about your current ones but I know you have had some really good ones. Robert Quinn was a kid out of Charleston that I was hoping would come to SC but ended up being a good player for your team.

I'm nervous and no idea what the hell to predict. I just hope it's a South Carolina win. If our defense is just as bad as last years then UNC will win, if it shows just a quarter step in improvement we might can slow down UNC's offense and I have no idea what to think about our offense other than we will have a strong running game with veteran RBs. Our QB is still a mystery. This will be a low scoring game or a high scoring game with either team winning or somewhere in between. Basically, I have a better chance of guessing the winning lotto numbers than the outcome of this game.

There wont be a bigger fan in the state of South Carolina pulling for UNC than me on Thursday. A loss to the Tarheels would probably result in the rioting and burning of Columbia! Yet as bad as UNC's defense was last year, and unless there is SIGNIFICANT improvement, I cannot see the outcome of this game to my liking. I believe than UNC will score, but the Heels defense may make a somewhat lame Gamecock offense look like Ohio State.

USC- 45
UNC- 28

There wont be a bigger fan in the state of South Carolina pulling for UNC than me on Thursday. A loss to the Tarheels would probably result in the rioting and burning of Columbia! Yet as bad as UNC's defense was last year, and unless there is SIGNIFICANT improvement, I cannot see the outcome of this game to my liking. I believe than UNC will score, but the Heels defense may make a somewhat lame Gamecock offense look like Ohio State.

USC- 45
UNC- 28

I got Wofford over clemson 28-26. Seriously though I do not feel good about this game at all. Their type of offense is not the type of test we need this early in the season.

Reactions: quartetman
Wish we had a few cup cakes under our belt before this game. Esp for the def. i cant help but think they're gonna struggle against a spurrier offense with a new coach and scheme.

USC- 45
UNC- 28

While I completely understand your prediction, I think Chizik knows the key is to slow down the run. The key is to always slow down the run. Better tackling alone will result in an improved defense, regardless of talent level. We will be better defensively. As much as I hope, probably not, but significantly so I think. I think we'll arrive a little earlier with a little more propensity to hit the other guy first, and that's all I'm asking for. This team is headed in the right direction.

It would be HUGE for the ACC for UNC to pull the upset. I believe they are capable, I am just going by the defense I saw last year. I know the defense has to be better this year, I just do not know if UNC's defense can improve quickly enough. The Gamecocks will be breaking in a new QB who just had only 6 snaps last year. Now of all things it looks like Mother Nature may be on the Coots side. The bad weather coming should benefit USC, because they are going to probably run, run and run. Weather like what is c0ming is not beneficial for a passing team like UNC.

It would be HUGE for the ACC for UNC to pull the upset. I believe they are capable, I am just going by the defense I saw last year. I know the defense has to be better this year, I just do not know if UNC's defense can improve quickly enough. The Gamecocks will be breaking in a new QB who just had only 6 snaps last year. Now of all things it looks like Mother Nature may be on the Coots side. The bad weather coming should benefit USC, because they are going to probably run, run and run. Weather like what is c0ming is not beneficial for a passing team like UNC.

I think the weather helps a passing team just as much ... the WRs know where their cuts will be which might in turn cause some DBs to slip ... there could be some big gains if the field is nasty ... the bottom line is that both teams will have to deal with it ... hell turn on the sprinklers and practice in them

Go Heels
UNC of USC......remember when we beat the real USC many moons ago, wasn't that Mack's welcome of UNC Football to the college world.

It's not surprising. When your asking over 100 a ticket. It's hard enough for some just to get there Season tickets.

Cheapest upper level tix I saw on ticketmaster was 80 something duckets. But yes.. upper level on the 50yd line hits for about 100 I think.. Definitely will not look good for Charlotte if they don't they don't get BofA stadium at least 75% sold for this game. Would be nice if they have an alternative camera angle for broadcasting this game the way they did for the Duke game last year. ESPNU had a sweet 3rd or 4th row sideline camera angle with no commentary.. only heard the fans, players and coaches.. just like being in the stands..

Just took a look at the current line - as of this afternoon, the yard birds are still favored by 2.5 pts. Not a lot of movement, obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT