ADVERTISEMENT

Very quick stuff (UVA game - ACCT)...

The UNC should qualify is embarrassing to hear by the way, there is no case.

No slight to Rutgers, they had a good year winning 19 ballgames, but according to Joe Lunardi, Rutgers lost 7 of their last 10 games, yet they “played “ their way in. I don’t think it’s embarrassing to consider us.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Don't think there's a single system, statistical or otherwise, that has UNC in the tournament (or tournament quality at this point). The ACC stinks this year, and we'll deservedly miss the tourney, as we weren't very good either.

3 teams ranked in the top 25 currently, with others like NC State, Pitt and Clemson being ranked at points. I feel like this ACC stinks talk is a bit overblown.

Explain without using geometry or Japanese fans…why should UNC get in before Clemson? Not only are they still playing but they have 6 wins vs teams that will get into the tournament while UNC only has 3…one of which is College of Charleston who wouldn’t even be in if they hadn’t won their tournament.

I am not saying UNC should be in, but Clemson has losses to Loyola IL (10 wins) and Louisville (4 wins) on their resume.

Clemson had to win last night to have any chance. Now that Ohio State has played their way in , UNC has 4 wins and 11 loses vs likely tournament teams. TCU is 8-9 vs tourney teams and is nationally ranked. Much better resume. I don’t think Rutgers should be in . Creighton is ranked too high but should be in. Clemson beats State 3 times but State gets in? Don’t care about the bad Clemson losses. They have proved they are the better team than State. Win the Duke game in Chapel Hill and UNC was in .

Clemson had to win last night to have any chance. Now that Ohio State has played their way in , UNC has 4 wins and 11 loses vs likely tournament teams. TCU is 8-9 vs tourney teams and is nationally ranked. Much better resume. I don’t think Rutgers should be in . Creighton is ranked too high but should be in. Clemson beats State 3 times but State gets in? Don’t care about the bad Clemson losses. They have proved they are the better team than State. Win the Duke game in Chapel Hill and UNC was in .

NC st has no "bad" losses. You don't care, but the committe cares that Clemson has 3 bad losses (Loyola, South Carolina and Louisville). Those teams have a combined 25 wins on the year.

3 teams ranked in the top 25 currently, with others like NC State, Pitt and Clemson being ranked at points. I feel like this ACC stinks talk is a bit overblown.
Compared to where we've been, we stink. 3 teams ranked out of 15. Compared to the Big 12 who has 5 out of 10 (and three in the actual top 10, we have none).

ACC also has a bunch of teams outside the top 100, which coincidentally is much of the ACC wins we have. Teams like GT, FSU, BC, Cuse are mid major quality teams. It's not like previous years where these would be top 50-60 wins.

Bartorvik has the ACC as the ninth best conference. That's probably a little harsh, but I think we are clearly significantly worse than the B1G, Big 12, and SEC. We're under .500 against decent teams, with no particularly good wins despite many opportunities. We don't deserve to be in.

I would say a 25 pt loss to Clemson at home on 2/25 followed up by a 26 pt loss to Clemson again on Thursday on a neutral court should be considers bad losses.
NC st has no "bad" losses. You don't care, but the committe cares that Clemson has 3 bad losses (Loyola, South Carolina and Louisville). Those teams have a combined 25 wins on the year.
Losing at home to Clemson by 25 points on 2/25 and ten days later losing on a neutral court to them in Greensboro by 26 points are bad losses. Forget the quadrant losses/wins for a moment. If a team beats you 3 times [ by 14, 25 and 26 points] they are the better team.

I would say a 25 pt loss to Clemson at home on 2/25 followed up by a 26 pt loss to Clemson again on Thursday on a neutral court should be considers bad losses.

Losing at home to Clemson by 25 points on 2/25 and ten days later losing on a neutral court to them in Greensboro by 26 points are bad losses. Forget the quadrant losses/wins for a moment. If a team beats you 3 times [ by 14, 25 and 26 points] they are the better team.

Umm so they lost to an opponent you say should be in the tournament, but they are bad losses?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT