Wendell Moore to announce Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadika13

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
NYC
Interesting timing with Green, his UNC OV coming up, FBI, etc. etc.

My money's on Duke.

What’s your thoughts dadika? Kinda weird timing.

The timing is really weird, agree. An hour after Green pops he announces that he's ready to commit somewhere?

That said, Moore hasn't been on our campus in a year. I find it very hard to believe he'd commit to us under those circumstances.

I'd go: Duke 65%, State 20%, UNC 10%, Wake 5%.

If Moore disrespects Roy & UNC by picking Dook on the week he’s supposed to have his OV to UNC, then he’ll move to the top of the “most hated Dookie” list.
Roy has been recruiting this kid for almost 3 years. I can’t believe he’d do that to Roy, such a slap in the face.

Reactions: Archer2
If Moore disrespects Roy & UNC by picking Dook on the week he’s supposed to have his OV to UNC, then he’ll move to the top of the “most hated Dookie” list.
Roy has been recruiting this kid for almost 3 years. I can’t believe he’d do that to Roy, such a slap in the face.
On top of what he did to Roy and UNC last year, it’d go down as the biggest troll move I’ve ever seen a recruit do to UNC.

With recruiting I'm just mystified and have no idea anymore. Moore has never been in a hurry to do anything and now on the eve of his last official visit he sets up an announcement date.

Well people said they didn’t think Moore was going to make his UNC official. I guess they were right...

If Coach thinks dook. He’s pretty plugged in and has good info.

Well people said they didn’t think Moore was going to make his UNC official. I guess they were right...

If Coach thinks dook. He’s pretty plugged in and has good info.

I am expecting Duke, but also thought Antoine was Duke bound for nearly a year up until a week until his announcing. I’ve felt Isaiah Stewart was Duke bound for nearly a year and now I’m not confident with him.

I still feel confident with Moore based on multiple conversations with his parents. Of course, maybe they are good poker players and I’ll be wrong again. Certainly wouldn’t be the first time and won’t be the last.

I don't understand why Moore announces his commitment date right after Green announces he isn't going to UNC unless that commitment affected it.

Reactions: Archer2
The timing is really weird, agree. An hour after Green pops he announces that he's ready to commit somewhere?

That said, Moore hasn't been on our campus in a year. I find it very hard to believe he'd commit to us under those circumstances.

I'd go: Duke 65%, State 20%, UNC 10%, Wake 5%.

After doing some reading I'm updating this to: Duke 80%, State 15%, UNC/Wake - 2.5% each.

I don't understand why Moore announces his commitment date right after Green announces he isn't going to UNC unless that commitment affected it.
That is my question as well. Either way i think both fan bases are a little gun shy on predicting with any certainty.

How ironic that Wendell Moore could commit to Dook almost a year to the date after he alledgedly decommitted from UNC and just a few days prior to his OV at UNC. You just can’t make up this kids recruitment...

Reactions: uncfan in ky

But remember Ole Roy is one of the best recruiters in the nation according to 90% of the people on the message boards and his efforts are really showing now.

But remember Ole Roy is one of the best recruiters in the nation according to 90% of the people on the message boards and his efforts are really showing now.
I would love to have Moore at UNC & if he’d rather go to Dook, so be it.
My point is, don’t be a douchebag about it. He’s had this visit scheduled for months.
He didn’t commit after his Dook visit, so why commit to Dook during the same week he has a UNC OV?

The funniestthing I've read today Coach K says I can come in and play a versatile row like RJ Barrett.
This before anybody has even seen RJ Barrett play one real college game

Green - and certainly Moore - will mean very little in the long run if White returns and Anthony commits. Those two things are far from guaranteed, but I will not panic until those plans go awry. Even if that's all that happens, the 10-man lineup will look like:

Anthony-Woods
White-Platek
Black-Robinson
Bacot-Brooks
Manley-Huffman

Roy will absolutely contend with that.

Shucks, looks like we aren't getting him. Sure hope Rechon is good, he's going to starting next year.
Rechon is better than good, he is very good. Maybe Moore chooses us and maybe he doesn't, His loss if he doesn't.

Guys, I used tro live for the annual basketball mags, and bought every one and read it cover to cover. NO mas. These 18 year old kids have different priorities. and just like politicians, I just wait to see what they do, not what they say.

I’ll say it... you are being an ass

You beat me to it. Unreal after everything Roy has done for the team and the school that any REAL UNC fan would spew BS like that. And don’t come back with “relax guys, was just joking.” Works his ass off recruiting and appears to be as classy and honest a coach you can be. These 18 yr olds are impossible to predict, and Roy and staff do everything possible to recruit them. Championships and Integrity are what Roy represents, has brought in a great class with more great players coming. Should be more than enough for any REAL UNC fan......

Rechon is better than good, he is very good. Maybe Moore chooses us and maybe he doesn't, His loss if he doesn't.

Guys, I used tro live for the annual basketball mags, and bought every one and read it cover to cover. NO mas. These 18 year old kids have different priorities. and just like politicians, I just wait to see what they do, not what they say.

I agree Arch and I think that Rechon’s versatility will be a big benefit to us. I see him exceling as a 3, but more in a facilitating role like Theo which would be a great fit for next years team especially if he would be playing alongside Coby and Cole. It’s also a nice thing to have on this year’s squad which I think is where he can make an impact alongside the scorers we have in Luke, Kenny, Cam, Coby and Nas. He already is a very good passer and can handle the ball, which will be beneficial as he can keep things flowing well offensively.

Rechon has point guard instincts and plays very unselfishly looking to make others around him better, he is definitely a team player. I also believe that with more time he will get more aggressive and look to attack more which will only open up more for us offensively. Also, from the Carolina Insider Pod, Adam Lucas was talking about how he looks like he has put on some good mass since being here, so he is already reaping the benefits of Jonas’s S&C program which is another big positive for his game. I really believe that he is going to be a big part of our success over the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT