ADVERTISEMENT

what's going on with Honeycutt?

UNC71-00

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
Been to a lot of games this season and I have never seen a guy slump like this. Hell, on Saturday he had 2 straight called strikeouts where he didn't take the bat off of his shoulders for the entire AB.

This team has not real shot of going anywhere if 7 can't get this figured out. My fear is that Forbes and staff have so over-coached him that he has too much going through his head before he even steps in the box.

Been to a lot of games this season and I have never seen a guy slump like this. Hell, on Saturday he had 2 straight called strikeouts where he didn't take the bat off of his shoulders for the entire AB.

This team has not real shot of going anywhere if 7 can't get this figured out. My fear is that Forbes and staff have so over-coached him that he has too much going through his head before he even steps in the box.
I'm guessing a lot of it's mental. He was being billed as a possible player of the year coming into the season. That's a lot of pressure. He's still playing good defense and doing a good job on the base path. He did go through a slump last year as well, so he's been there before and got out of it. Hopefully he does the same thing soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT