ADVERTISEMENT

What's the problem?

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
I've watched exactly 1 Heels baseball game this year - the Liberty game. I went to it. And in that gamethread, I stated that I wasn't all that impressed. We won (6-2, I think). But we looked suspect in the field and on the base paths. But again, that was the only game I've seen.

So now we sit at 18-13
blackeye.r191677.gif
. What's the problem? Is it the bats? Is it the pitching? Defense? All of the above? And why are we in this position? What's changed from being a regular in Omaha just a handful of years ago to floundering around just north of .500? What's the recruiting like? Is this an aberration and next year we could find ourselves atop the national rankings again or is this a downward trend?

Thanks.

Pretty good summary of the season thus far. "DTH" link
There is a thread on recruiting on this forum "Carolina Baseball Signs Nineteen For 2015-16"

DTH

That's a good find, DF. Does a much better job of explaining the challenges this year than I could have.

Our roster feels really unsettled right now. That has led to inconsistent performances and thrust some young guys into action before they might have been ready. If we can get healthy, I think we'll be a much better team by season's end. My concern is what might happen to our post-season lot if we don't start trending upward by the end of the month.

Also it doesn't help either when this past years recruiting class had 7 guys drafted in the top 65 picks of the MLB draft and all sign a contract. According to the announcers last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT