ADVERTISEMENT

What's the ugliest car ever made?

subaru-brat-photo-u1

I have so many questions.

Was the door a critical piece of the planning phase ("It has to be big enough to fit a door!") or did they just randomly start building and it worked out like that ("Hey guys, I think we can fit a door here!")?

What's up with that window?

Can this thing make it over speed bumps/humps or do you have to get out and push?

Does the topper come off or do you just have to drive around with that thing on top of the car all the time?

Etc....

Does the topper come off or do you just have to drive around with that thing on top of the car all the time?

I was hoping that whoever designed it took the hatch off the back of the car and made it so you could get to the inside of the car through the back door. If that's not how it is, then f*ck that car. I'd never want it.

I never thought I'd see anything sillier and less practical in terms of the actual operation of a vehicle than those lifted Caprices and the like with the cartoon-sized wheels.

But then along came the thing where they put a lift on the front end - but not the back - of a truck or full size SUV so it "squats." The driver can't see anything within 100 feet of the front bumper, but hey, it's cool, right? We have a bunch of these around Greenville/ECU.

maxresdefault.jpg

(That is not a drag launch, that is what it looks like going down the road.)

I never thought I'd see anything sillier and less practical in terms of the actual operation of a vehicle than those lifted Caprices and the like with the cartoon-sized wheels.

But then along came the thing where they put a lift on the front end - but not the back - of a truck or full size SUV so it "squats." The driver can't see anything within 100 feet of the front bumper, but hey, it's cool, right? We have a bunch of these around Greenville/ECU.

maxresdefault.jpg

(That is not a drag launch, that is what it looks like going down the road.)
On the plus side, it's super easy to change the oil.

I remember that a cab company in Chapel Hill used these cars when I was there in the early seventies.

fe_401137_600.jpg

That's a Checker. Used as cabs the world over. Things were slow, roomy as hell, and easy to keep on the road for 300k.

the-iconic-checker-taxi-cab-is-coming-back-to-life.jpg

Here is an example of a great car that is also ugly as sin. A Pagani Zonda.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F07%2F26%2F16%2F48%2Fzonda-hero.jpg

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
That's a Checker. Used as cabs the world over. Things were slow, roomy as hell, and easy to keep on the road for 300k.

the-iconic-checker-taxi-cab-is-coming-back-to-life.jpg

Here is an example of a great car that is also ugly as sin. A Pagani Zonda.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F07%2F26%2F16%2F48%2Fzonda-hero.jpg

That's assuming that 8th Man really is a NEW poaster? :eek:
I wanted to like his poast but the last thing we need is another uppity poaster with more likes than poasts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT