ADVERTISEMENT

When will we know coordinators

Thigpen is officially co dc. But no word on who the other “co” is.

Reports are that backlash from ptb prevented g rob’s hire

More unc fb excitement in one week than we’ve had in five yrs.

Stay tuned

So Robinson is officially out of the running for the job?

Never mind, I saw the news that Robinson is out on another site. Hopefully Mack will get the next pick right.

So i know first hand that g rob was indeed introduced as the new dc by mack to people in ath dept yesterday. he also worked there last night and was seen there this morning. Then whatever happened happened. Sure dont sound like second guessing on g rob’s part.

So i know first hand that g rob was indeed introduced as the new dc by mack to people in ath dept yesterday. he also worked there last night and was seen there this morning. Then whatever happened happened. Sure dont sound like second guessing on g rob’s part.

Wasn’t there a rumor that he might just be some kind of consultant to advise the new staff instead of DC?

Question: If HOF/National Champion Mack Brown with an open check book can’t land top coordinators at UNC, what the fvck was Fedora supposed to do? Any coach for that matter.L?

Question: If HOF/National Champion Mack Brown with an open check book can’t land top coordinators at UNC, what the fvck was Fedora supposed to do? Any coach for that matter.L?
Who cares? Fed is gone. There's no reason to continue to try to analyze him.

Reactions: uncboy10
Who cares? Fed is gone. There's no reason to continue to try to analyze him.
That wasn’t my point. Larry is nobody but Mack Brown is a real coach. If Brown plus money can’t bring in coordinators, what the hell is going on at UNC?

They need to drop the ticket prices until we can fill kenan. Nobody wants to play or coach in an empty stadium. The football culture sucks in chapel hill

They need to drop the ticket prices until we can fill kenan. Nobody wants to play or coach in an empty stadium. The football culture sucks in chapel hill
Tickets are dirt cheap at UNC. You can get them for pennies from anyone who has them.

That’s true. The only problem? Our customers aren’t farmers.

I mean I take your point. The main issue is the quality of the program. I’m not denying that. I’m simply saying we should try dropping ticket prices to increase demand until the quality improves.

And sell beer in the stadium.

Reactions: franklin street
is it normal for head coaches to hire position coaches before the coordinator is hired?
Not particularly. And it is a bad idea especially for a guy out of coaching for 5 years who needs to rebuild a Loser. Mack should have hired a pair of top coordinators and worked closely with them, following their lead, for the position coaches on their side of the ball.

This fiasco so far paints Mack as out of touch, as assuming he is Mack just having won a National Title and able to do whatever he wants.

Dabo hired Morris and Venables, and allowed them to rebuild their sides of the ball as they wished. Each had major say in the assistants coaching positions on his side of the ball.

What kind of top DC is going to get excited to come to UNC with Mack saying: Here is your staff. You are but a co-DC with a guy who has never been a co-DC even for 1 season in D3 football. Your CB coach has never coached even D3 or JuCo for 1 season. But you will be Senior co-DC, which means if the D is not good, it is your head I will lop off.

That is the antithesis of what a wise CEO HC does.

Not particularly. And it is a bad idea especially for a guy out of coaching for 5 years who needs to rebuild a Loser. Mack should have hired a pair of top coordinators and worked closely with them, following their lead, for the position coaches on their side of the ball.

This fiasco so far paints Mack as out of touch, as assuming he is Mack just having won a National Title and able to do whatever he wants.

Dabo hired Morris and Venables, and allowed them to rebuild their sides of the ball as they wished. Each had major say in the assistants coaching positions on his side of the ball.

What kind of top DC is going to get excited to come to UNC with Mack saying: Here is your staff. You are but a co-DC with a guy who has never been a co-DC even for 1 season in D3 football. Your CB coach has never coached even D3 or JuCo for 1 season. But you will be Senior co-DC, which means if the D is not good, it is your head I will lop off.

That is the antithesis of what a wise CEO HC does.
Jesus, do you ever stop bitching? We just got rid of a coach you hated. At least give this staff one game before you declare this a failure.

Jesus, do you ever stop bitching? We just got rid of a coach you hated. At least give this staff one game before you declare this a failure.

He has a point. This whole ordeal seemed much better 2 days ago.

I like that Bubba has a plan and had his man secured before getting turned down multiple times like NCSU and Tenn did the last time they had a change. But Mack is not handling this as smooth as he could.

Time will tell. I am excited about it. But the cluster it is turning into is making us the butt of the joke and I don’t like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT