ADVERTISEMENT

Where would you rank Reggie Bullock as a shooter...

Name 19 better than him before I tell you where I would rank him.

OP didnt say #20. He said in top 20 but I'll be your Huckleberry....

Bob McAdoo
Al Wood
Jeff Lebo
Joe Forte
Wayne Ellington
Danny Green
Shammond Williams
Donald WIlliams
Michael Jordan
Walter Davis
Although I hate his guts...Rashad McCants
Vince Carter
Joe Wolf (Jump-hook was awesome)
Kenny Smith
Phil Ford
Charlie Scott
Rasheed Wallace (that turn-around from the baseline was unstoppable)
Lennie Rosenbluth
Harrison Barnes
Kendall Marshall

Definitely not Kendall Marshall. Ty Lawson easily would be up there though. He shoot damn near 50% from 3 his final year.

OP didnt say #20. He said in top 20 but I'll be your Huckleberry....

Bob McAdoo
Al Wood
Jeff Lebo
Joe Forte
Wayne Ellington
Danny Green
Shammond Williams
Donald WIlliams
Michael Jordan
Walter Davis
Although I hate his guts...Rashad McCants
Vince Carter
Joe Wolf (Jump-hook was awesome)
Kenny Smith
Phil Ford
Charlie Scott
Rasheed Wallace (that turn-around from the baseline was unstoppable)
Lennie Rosenbluth
Harrison Barnes
Kendall Marshall
Really????? Kendall Marshall #20???

To me Reggie was never the best shooter on his team while at Carolina. His Senior season may have drastically changed the way we remember him but I don't fault him for leaving.

McCants
Ellington
Jawad Williams (arguably)
Lawson
Danny green
Hairston
Barnes
Paige

They were all better jump shooters off the top of my head from recent years.

Reggie came in with a rep as one of the best shooters in his entire class , but he ran hot/cold and never achieved what I thought he was going to. I still liked him very much as a player especially with him being an in-state product.

Name 19 better than him before I tell you where I would rank him.

Walter Davis, Al Wood, Lebo, Hubert, Shammond, VC, Donald (my favorite UNC jump shooter FYI) Williams, Forte, Dante Calibria, MJ, PJ, Marcus, Ellington...off top of my head. Good shooter and that is the question, I would take the ones I listed and with time a few more if we are just talking about him as a shooter.

Thing about reggie is he was not just a jump shooter, Graves may have shot better, Rashad for sure did, but Reggie was a steller defender, great team mate, looked to make those around him better rather than just looking for his own numbers.

Reactions: chickenhunter
If Reggie were 6'2" he would just be in the same list of any other "good"(not great) shooters that came through here. The fact that he was 6'7" and a good shooter made him standout a little more than other 6'7" guys. The other thing that was a misrepresentation of his skills was his reputation for being a lock down defender. To be fair, Reggie was a little better than average defender and never really "locked" any true scorers down defensively. Folks were would look at his length and frame and just tap him as a defensive stopper just based on what he looked like physically. With that said, he was a physical specimen for sure, which is why is was drafted in the first round.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT