ADVERTISEMENT

Where you die

Terror Beard

Hall of Famer
Jul 17, 2018
Where do you want to be when the bell tolls for thee?

If you could orchestrate your death however you want, how would it go down for you? Where? When? With whom?

0*XGV0GBoGF_hv2e2W.gif

I've actually thought about this before. Assuming it's not "Blaze of Glory-Style" like rescuing puppies and babies from a burning building, I'd like to just be lying in a hammock in the mountains on a partly cloudy, mild autumn day; leaves falling, squirrels running around, and all that.

I admit, this is inspired by the end of "Into the Wild," only without the poisoning and starvation.

I want to be wading the river with my wife and two boys on a pleasant 78 degree day in June and have just reeled in an 8+ lbs smallmouth bass.

I'd also take sitting courtside at the National Championship game and having my future grandson hit a Luke Maye type shot to win the title for the Heels in 2060.

I'd also take sitting courtside at the National Championship game and having my future grandson hit a Luke Maye type shot to win the title for the Heels in 2060.
Imagine the responses here.

"It's a shame Bruce Li's grandfather passed away right after the game-winning shot, but it was totally worth it."

[I'm assuming your grandson is named Bruce for comedic purposes.]

A good friend passed last night from kidney disease. Bedridden and lingering in pain for weeks being waited on hand and foot unable to eat. I fuking refuse to go like that. My wife and I swore an oath we won’t allow either to waste away in a bed when death is inevitable.

A good friend passed last night from kidney disease. Bedridden and lingering in pain for weeks being waited on hand and foot unable to eat. I fuking refuse to go like that. My wife and I swore an oath we won’t allow either to waste away in a bed when death is inevitable.

Yeah but what do you do? Are you going to put a pillow over your wife's face and snuff her out if it's taking to long? I get what you're saying. But everyone says that. Sadly, it's not always something we can control.

Yeah but what do you do? Are you going to put a pillow over your wife's face and snuff her out if it's taking to long? I get what you're saying. But everyone says that. Sadly, it's not always something we can control.
There is no right answer to this.

When I worked in an ELA class, I had students write a journal MWF of each week on a given topic. One topic I gave was...if you had the opportunity to know your date and time of death, would you want to know?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT