ADVERTISEMENT

Which one of you...( Morphed my thread into a cartoon debate?)

Big+ass+archer+comp_9785ea_5461446.gif

Ok fine. That is funny

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
No worries, since this last part clearly is directed towards me.
The only one I disagreed with you on was SpongeBob - I think you were spot on with the rest of your opinions.

@Hark_The_Sound_2010 some other kickass cartoons from our generation:

- Doug
- Hey! Arnold
- Rugrats
- Rocket Power
- Animaniacs
- Tiny Toons

Great shows. I think each one of the top 4 was my favorite show at some point in my childhood. A couple others I liked were Rocko's Modern Life and The Angry Beavers, and I found The Wild Thornberry's to have it's moments as well.

Reactions: Blue2010
The only one I disagreed with you on was SpongeBob - I think you were spot on with the rest of your opinions.

Great shows. I think each one of the top 4 was my favorite show at some point in my childhood. A couple others I liked were Rocko's Modern Life and The Angry Beavers, and I found The Wild Thornberry's to have it's moments as well.
Yesss. Angry Beavers! That episode where they have the race around their house (dam) was pretty awesome I remember. And Wild Thornberrys was good too. I just didn't list it because I didn't know if others liked it. I loved all those Nickelodeon shows. Ahh! Real Monsters, Jimmy Neutron, all that ish.

To weigh in on a couple of other points in this thread:

1 - Ren and Stimpy was awesome. But I was also 20 years younger then. Not sure if I would find it as funny today.

2 - I can't stand Spongebob. I forbid my kids from watching it. Just inane garbage.

3 - I'm with whoever mentioned the classics - Bugs, Tom & Jerry, etc. But I'll take it back even farther. Who remembers Heckle and Jeckle, Mighty Mouse, Fat Albert and The Superfriends?
It was me and I remember those.

Yesss. Angry Beavers! That episode where they have the race around their house (dam) was pretty awesome I remember. And Wild Thornberrys was good too. I just didn't list it because I didn't know if others liked it. I loved all those Nickelodeon shows. Ahh! Real Monsters, Jimmy Neutron, all that ish.
Someone say Beaver?

Reactions: tarheel0910
All I know is that Tiny Toons needs to be a high seed because of its theme song. That used to be my jam.
Tiny Toon was a good one. Not sure if it would be a high seed, but it would be one of those ones that could sneak into the finals as a 5-10 seed.

@TarHeelNation11 Another issue we would run into with nothing but cartoons is how do you separate into regions. Pretty much all cartoons are comedy based, so how would you separate them?

@TarHeelNation11 Another issue we would run into with nothing but cartoons is how do you separate into regions. Pretty much all cartoons are comedy based, so how would you separate them?
You don't. You just seed them in groups of four (four 1s, four 2s, four 3s) and then randomly assign them. If you did it by decade, too many good ones would get eliminated within their own regional.

By generation (80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's).

You're welcome.
I thought about that, but that would be tough given the quality of cartoons available in certain generations. You would end up with teams that should be in consideration for a top seed get beat out only to have a 2010's cartoon be represented in the finals. I'm not sure I would seed a 2010's cartoon higher than a 10 seed.

You don't. You just seed them in groups of four (four 1s, four 2s, four 3s) and then randomly assign them. If you did it by decade, too many good ones would get eliminated within their own regional.
Ok, so how are we going to decide who should be what seed? Are we just going to all vote for each seed and then vote who should win the matchups? Seems like too much work.

If you dont include He-man and thundercats, I'll kick you out my thread.

The tourney will be super skewed with the generation gaps on here. Plus some of us could care less about some of the dirtier type adult toons.

Hell yeah on He-Man. That was just barely before my time, but my brother is four years older than me and was all in on He-Man. We used to play with He-Man action figures for hours on end. If you didn't have Castle Grayskull, then you were lame as hell.

Ok, the he-man mention gave me an idea for the regions, but I can only think of three. Anyone got a fourth?

-Superhero cartoon (Batman, He-man, etc.)
-young kids cartoon (Looney Toons, SpongeBob, etc.)
-adult cartoon (Simpsons, south park, etc.)

Ok, the he-man mention gave me an idea for the regions, but I can only think of three. Anyone got a fourth?

-Superhero cartoon (Batman, He-man, etc.)
-young kids cartoon (Looney Toons, SpongeBob, etc.)
-adult cartoon (Simpsons, south park, etc.)
Do one for old school loonie tunes

Do one for old school loonie tunes
I would include them in the family category.

There's no way to split them up into regions based on category/genre.
Your idea was interesting, but you are basically having to vote at least twice (three times if you want to vote on which region). I'm not sure we could get enough participation for two votes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT