ADVERTISEMENT

Which teams do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

Which teams do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

• Patriots

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Steelers

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Raiders

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Dolphins or Texans

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Packers

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Falcons or Lions

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Patriots - Cowboys. It would be an awesome game for neutrals to watch.

The NFL would love it because the overnight ratings would make the Earth's axis shift.

NFL would love it but I liken that matchup to dook-kensucky for the natty.
Whattt? LOL. Duke - Kentucky for the natty is just wrong. I'd have to rent out a liquor store to cope with that. I can't understand how folks harbor college sports-esque hatred/contempt for professional sports franchises. I really do like pro sports, but I could never hate a rival pro franchise anywhere close to how much I hate college rivals/programs. Totally different hemispheres for me.

lots of potentially strong match-up possibilities:

Pats - Giants: could the G-Men pull the hat trick on Brady & Bellicheck?
Steelers - Cowboys: 4th time meeting in SB
Pats - Seahawks: rematch
Pats - Packers: two MVP QB's
Steelers - Packers: rematch from a great SB a few years ago

Whattt? LOL. Duke - Kentucky for the natty is just wrong. I'd have to rent out a liquor store to cope with that. I can't understand how folks harbor college sports-esque hatred/contempt for professional sports franchises. I really do like pro sports, but I could never hate a rival pro franchise anywhere close to how much I hate college rivals/programs. Totally different hemispheres for me.
yeah, but Cowboys are the all time love-hate NFL team, and the Pats are a strong second place in that department with their recent run of success; I honestly don't think I'd watch Pats-Cowboys as I couldn't stand to see either win, thus the dook-kentucky reference (I wouldn't watch that crap either).

yeah, but Cowboys are the all time love-hate NFL team, and the Pats are a strong second place in that department with their recent run of success; I honestly don't think I'd watch Pats-Cowboys as I couldn't stand to see either win, thus the dook-kentucky reference (I wouldn't watch that crap either).
There was a time I really, really hated Kentucky but that's faded a good deal for me (probably coincides with the fact that I like Calipari and that my overall passion for college basketball has waned considerably). I used to get caught up in keeping track of whether we or Kentucky had the most career victories, but I've stopped doing that because college basketball is now a one-year crapshoot every season.

I'd have no problem pulling for Kentucky in a Duke-Kentucky matchup. Zero problem. The absolute worst for me would be a State-Duke championship, with K still at the helm for Duke. Extremely unlikely, I know, but I would have a heart attack over that one and might snap into insanity.

My vote is Packers and Steelers, as I respect those two organizations the most of the teams left. Plus On a personal note... my dad (RIP) was a huge Steeler fan, so I'd love to see them win it all just a few months after he passed away.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
There was a time I really, really hated Kentucky but that's faded a good deal for me (probably coincides with the fact that I like Calipari and that my overall passion for college basketball has waned considerably). I used to get caught up in keeping track of whether we or Kentucky had the most career victories, but I've stopped doing that because college basketball is now a one-year crapshoot every season.

I'd have no problem pulling for Kentucky in a Duke-Kentucky matchup. Zero problem. The absolute worst for me would be a State-Duke championship, with K still at the helm for Duke. Extremely unlikely, I know, but I would have a heart attack over that one and might snap into insanity.
Yeah, in the end I would have to hope that dook would lose more than kentucky would win. But I just don't care enough about college basketball enough to watch any natty game that dook is in anyway, so I wouldn't watch it. Hell, I probably won't watch Bama - Clemson game; I just don't care enough to invest the time in seeing either team win.

Yeah, in the end I would have to hope that dook would lose more than kentucky would win. But I just don't care enough about college basketball enough to watch any natty game that dook is in anyway, so I wouldn't watch it. Hell, I probably won't watch Bama - Clemson game; I just don't care enough to invest the time in seeing either team win.
I disagree about Clemson - Bama but that's because I love college football with an unbridled passion and would watch the natty game even if it was Ohio State - Notre Dame (*shudders*).

Condolences about your dad.

Go Texans! (Yeah, no chance I know...). NRG Stadium is less than 3 miles from our house. I got my brother and his wife tickets for Christmas through an NFL buddy of mine and they're going to stay in our garage apartment for the week. Meanwhile, I'll be in Scottsdale for the WM Phoenix Open. Caddying in the celebrity pro-am and hanging out with WM execs all week. Can't wait! Get home around kickoff Sunday night.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I'm a Dolphins fan so that's easy. They have no chance though. Not really because of Matt Moore though. Mainly because most of their defense is out and they are absolutely terrible on that side of the ball.

I'm not happy this poll doesn't have Miami by itself though. Boo. We don't make the playoffs often and at least deserve a slot of our own.

To the four people who have voted for the Patriots and the seven for the Cowboys.

giphy.gif

Rematch of Super Bowl I. It's going to be Chiefs vs Packers.

I hope either the Chiefs or Patriots win it all.

I voted Patriots-Packers.

The Patriots should win it all - it'd be nice if they could exorcise demons against the Giants, but I'd rather not even take the chance of Eli pulling another out of his ass. Seeing Richard Sherman's bitch ass almost cry on the sideline was fun a couple years ago, but beating Pete Carroll again doesn't move the needle much for me. Packers and Cowboys are the teams to beat in the NFC.

I'll be watching the college national championship game. It'll be nice to pull for Clemson, being an ACC team and all. But I would pull for pretty much anyone against Bama (or anyone else from the SEC) just to put a cork in Finebaum and all the other bozos who continuously slurp the SEC.

The last team I would want to win is the Packers. Aaron Rodgers comes across as a complete douche to me so I don't want to see him win anything.

Aaron Rodgers comes across as a complete douche to me so I don't want to see him win anything.
You must be confusing Aaron Rodgers with the previous QB for the Packers, Brett Favre. Now that dude was a real douchebag.

I'll be watching the college national championship game. It'll be nice to pull for Clemson, being an ACC team and all. But I would pull for pretty much anyone against Bama (or anyone else from the SEC) just to put a cork in Finebaum and all the other bozos who continuously slurp the SEC.

I've always thought of Bama as the New England Patriots of college. I thought you might see it that way.

The last team I would want to win is the Packers. Aaron Rodgers comes across as a complete douche to me so I don't want to see him win anything.

Rodgers is one of those guys I just never have pulled for and I can't really explain why. There's just something that has always kind of rubbed me wrong about him. But over the last year or two, I've really come to appreciate him. That's happened before with me - I start off not liking a guy partly because everybody else does and then I catch up later. I don't know...hard to explain. Anyway, I don't like or dislike Rodgers but I sure as hell appreciate his talent.

You must be confusing Aaron Rodgers with the previous QB for the Packers, Brett Favre. Now that dude was a real douchebag.

You shut your f*cking mouth. Brett Favre is a badass. 100% man. Even the 'tarded guy in Something About Mary liked him.

Raiders versus Packers.

lol. The Raiders have zero chance after Carr went down. Are you saying you really believe they'll get there or that you want them to get there? They'll be lucky to beat Houston, which might be the worst team to ever have made the NFL playoffs. And if they do beat Houston, it's only because their QB situation is as dreadful as Oakland's.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
You shut your f*cking mouth. Brett Favre is a badass. 100% man. Even the 'tarded guy in Something About Mary liked him.
Puh-lease. Favre is and always will be a pretentious, self-absorbed, panties-wearing uberdouche.

"I'm retiring." "I'm not retiring." "Yes, I am retiring." "Hold on, I think I'll come out of retirement and play another season." "No, wait, I'm retiring." "Check that -- is anyone in need of a washed-up quarterback? Anyone? Is anybody paying attention to me!?"

Jeez, just retire already, Brett, you attention-starved jackass. Towards the inglorious end of an otherwise stellar career, Brett Favre was the Kanye West of the National Football League.

Yep. KANYE WEST!!

Are you saying you really believe [the Raiders will] get there or that you want them to get there?
Considering the title of this thread is "Which teams do you want to see in the Super Bowl?" I'll let you figure it out.

Last edited:
I've always thought of Bama as the New England Patriots of college. I thought you might see it that way.

I do see that. I do like Saban and think he's a great coach - he's also part of the Belichick coaching tree. My issue with Alabama isn't really themselves, it's more just the media treatment of them that chaps me I guess.

Maybe it's also due to the difference between college and pro - where in the NFL you make the playoffs and then the Super Bowl by a preset criteria. If the Patriots were 9-7 this year, they'd be out of the playoffs even if everyone in the country said they were the best team in the league. It feels like Alabama has an autobid to the playoffs - they're not going to lose 3 games in a season in the foreseeable future, and any Bama team with 2 losses or less is going to get put into the playoff, even if there are more deserving teams.

lol. The Raiders have zero chance after Carr went down. Are you saying you really believe they'll get there or that you want them to get there? They'll be lucky to beat Houston, which might be the worst team to ever have made the NFL playoffs. And if they do beat Houston, it's only because their QB situation is as dreadful as Oakland's.

Ya, that game is going to be the Toilet Bowl. Whichever of the 3 teams (Oakland, Houston, or Miami) comes to Foxborough will be 2 TD underdogs, and I'd be surprised if the Patriots don't cover. None of those 3 have any QB play to speak of at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT