ADVERTISEMENT

Which teams do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

Which teams do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

• Patriots

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Steelers

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Raiders

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Dolphins or Texans

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Packers

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Falcons or Lions

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Puh-lease. Favre is and always will be a pretentious, self-absorbed, panties-clad uberdouche.

"I'm retiring." "I'm not retiring." "Yes, I am retiring." "Hold on, I think I'll come out of retirement and play another season." "No, wait, I'm retiring." "Check that -- is anyone in need of a washed-up quarterback? Anyone? Is anybody paying attention to me!?"

Jeez, just retire already, Brett, you attention-starved jackass. Towards the inglorious end of an otherwise stellar career, Brett Favre was the Kanye West of the National Football League.

Yep. KANYE WEST!!

Let me give it a try:

BF:"I'm retiring."
football fans: "No please don't go."
BF: I'm not retiring."
football fans: "Hooray!"
BF: "Is anyone in need of an all time great QB that will undoubtedly put fans in the seats and make people care about our team even if he doesn't have what he once did"
NFL teams: "Absolutely. Please come play for us."

Self-absorbed? Probably. Pretentious? Maybe Entertaining? Absolutely. Legend? Yep. 100% badass manliest of men? No doubt.

Kanye West, he is not. If I went with a rap comparison, and knowing that Brady is Biggie, Elway is Nas and Montana is Rakim, I'd say Brett is more L.L. Cool J. An old schooler and gunslinger that maybe wasn't the best at his craft but definitely a fan favorite that was also respected by those in the biz.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I do see that. I do like Saban and think he's a great coach - he's also part of the Belichick coaching tree. My issue with Alabama isn't really themselves, it's more just the media treatment of them that chaps me I guess.

Maybe it's also due to the difference between college and pro - where in the NFL you make the playoffs and then the Super Bowl by a preset criteria. If the Patriots were 9-7 this year, they'd be out of the playoffs even if everyone in the country said they were the best team in the league. It feels like Alabama has an autobid to the playoffs - they're not going to lose 3 games in a season in the foreseeable future, and any Bama team with 2 losses or less is going to get put into the playoff, even if there are more deserving teams.

Ya, that game is going to be the Toilet Bowl. Whichever of the 3 teams (Oakland, Houston, or Miami) comes to Foxborough will be 2 TD underdogs, and I'd be surprised if the Patriots don't cover. None of those 3 have any QB play to speak of at this point.
Your argument about Alabama is kinda a strawman until they actually do lose two games and make it in to the playoff :p

Totally get what you're saying about the SEC overhype, in general. A lot of that is over the top and not true. Alabama is separate from all that though. They're leaps and bounds better than everybody.

100% badass manliest of men? No doubt.
Badass manliest of men? Seriously? This photo has "gay as hell" written all over it.

YO6Hpw8.jpg

Oh,...you're a Raiders fan. That makes sense. Now I understand why you're so salty.
No, I'm a Carolina Panthers fan but their season is over. I have no partiality at this point other than a longtime enjoyment for the badass swagger of the Oakland Raiders.

Steelers and Falcons/Lions

Steelers because I have been a fan since I was a kid in the 70s and Falcons/Lions because if the Steelers aren't going to win, I like to see someone new win.

don't forget, favre texted his junk to that chick...he started dickpics, no?
Favre was a pervert with that chick, but who cares? He will always be a man-pussy, end of story. Guns just wants to French his monkey button.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT