ADVERTISEMENT

Who is going to the bowl game?

UNC '92

Hall of Famer
Mar 2, 2011
Any OOTB'ers going to Orlando? I am already in. I only live 45 minutes from the stadium, so it's not exactly a stretch of my fanhood any. Should be wonderful weather (knock on wood) and a great time! I plan on drinking conservatively a few times an hour so I am going to have some fun!

Not me. I couldnt even imagine how crowded Orlando must be at Christmas.

Where do you live anyways?

Crowded for sure. The parks attract lots of attention around Christmas. But the stadium itself is not near the attractions so it's really not that bad.

I live in Fruitland Park, nestled right against The Villages. It's a nice sleepy town, but close enough to Orlando that I can keep up with what the rest of the crazy world is doing.

Crowded for sure. The parks attract lots of attention around Christmas. But the stadium itself is not near the attractions so it's really not that bad.

I live in Fruitland Park, nestled right against The Villages. It's a nice sleepy town, but close enough to Orlando that I can keep up with what the rest of the crazy world is doing.

The Villages, huh? I was gonna make a crack about that in my OP, but it seemed too easy.

In all honesty though, how do you like living in Fla? I understand a geezerly curmudgeon like Louigi thinking it is paradise, but it seems like the 5th plane of Hell to me.

Reactions: UNC '92
The Villages, huh? I was gonna make a crack about that in my OP, but it seemed too easy.
You've heard huh? But what the hell, if I can still enjoy it like that at 70 I think I wouldn't give a damn about a minor occasional itch. Not that close to the end anyway. :D

You've heard huh? But what the hell, if I can still enjoy it like that at 70 I think I wouldn't give a damn about a minor occasional itch. Not that close to the end anyway. :D

Wasnt it something like the Villages have the highest per capita rates of new STDs in the country?

Wasnt it something like the Villages have the highest per capita rates of new STDs in the country?
They had the highest per capita in Florida I know for sure. They routinely beat out Miami per capita. They aren't shy about it around here either. It's sort of weird and gross in the way it would be if it were your parents. But like I said, alla salute, God bless!

Reactions: TARGOLF
They had the highest per capita in Florida I know for sure. They routinely beat out Miami per capita. They aren't shy about it around here either. It's sort of weird and gross in the way it would be if it were your parents. But like I said, alla salute, God bless!

Really? The olds all talk about how much they are getting laid?

Side note- I bet driving in your neck of the woods is utter hell.

Really? The olds all talk about how much they are getting laid?

Side note- I bet driving in your neck of the woods is utter hell.
Yep. I do get a kick out of them though. I love telling people where I live just to watch their reaction. And you are right, driving around here is madness from Thanksgiving to the beginning of May. Then the geezers head back North until it starts to get cold again. Sadly, my favorite part of the year here is the summer when it's hot as hell.

Reactions: UNC71-00
P09 Row R. I splurged for club seats that include food beer and wine

I got my two boys and they are bringing two of their friends so I couldn't do that. If it was just me and the wife I would splurge. I believe I saw some club seats for just over 200. Would that be right? If so maybe I should have thought about it because thats almost what I paid for lower level.

yes, I paid $215 all in, a seat for mine. I got 7 tickets, but 4 of 7 getting paid back for. Funny thing is I called the Rams club and they told me to go to stub hub because they were cheaper.

yes, I paid $215 all in, a seat for mine. I got 7 tickets, but 4 of 7 getting paid back for. Funny thing is I called the Rams club and they told me to go to stub hub because they were cheaper.

It's nice when common sense prevails

Louigi

You know that I would be there. I won't have to drive far this time. About 20 minutes away.
Awesome! I also bought a VIP parking pass (whatever that is) and plan on tailgating. My wife works at Orlando Airport and works that day until 12:30. Not sure what time I will arrive yet. There is a band/mascot parade at 11am in Winter Park. We need to have a bowl game, OOTB, Blitz, Blue Heaven, meet up.

Awesome! I also bought a VIP parking pass (whatever that is) and plan on tailgating. My wife works at Orlando Airport and works that day until 12:30. Not sure what time I will arrive yet. There is a band/mascot parade at 11am in Winter Park. We need to have a bowl game, OOTB, Blitz, Blue Heaven, meet up.

I am going to attend that parade. Didn't know about that. Thanks for the information! This a wife stay at home day. lol

@gunslingerdick, @Raising Heel, @TarHeelNation11, @JuleZ '02 HEEL, @BillyL, @gteeitup, @JuleZ '02 HEEL, @TarHeelMark, @HookUNC75, @coryfly, @uncboy10, @coolwaterunc, @keysersosay#1, @heelz2345, @heelmanwilm, @DeanFor President, @prlyles, and @ anyone else I missed, are you guys going or what? We need all the support we can get! So far it's just @Louigi, @slick28376 and myself. @UNC71-00 is scared of O-town around Christmas and @strummingram is doing things backwards and heading up to Minnesota for Pete's sake!

If we can get enough to come I like Louigi's idea of a meet up/beer summit. Hell, we get enough and I might even try and talk the little lady into letting me put together a shindig at my place or something. We have mad barbecue skills this way and we do it up as often as possible. If that's too hard to coordinate then there are many fine establishments not too far away that will serve nicely.

@UNC '92

I won't be going to the bowl. Between both Charlotte games and all the home games in between, I'm pretty low on funds!!! Need to save back up for next season.

More importantly, I'll be sipping on tropical drinks on the deck of a cruise ship somewhere in the Caribbean on the day the bowl game is :cool:

@UNC '92

I won't be going to the bowl. Between both Charlotte games and all the home games in between, I'm pretty low on funds!!! Need to save back up for next season.

More importantly, I'll be sipping on tropical drinks on the deck of a cruise ship somewhere in the Caribbean on the day the bowl game is :cool:
Unlike @UNC71-00's, I'll accept that as a valid excuse.

@UNC '92

Very generous offer, thank you sir. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I almost bought a ticket -- I have family in Orlando -- but decided against it because my mom is having some health issues. She lives alone so I'm going to visit her for a few days at Christmas to help around the house and take her to doctors appointments.

I hope those of you who are able to make it have a blast. Just stay away from discussions about politics and religion and everything will be fine. Ha!

@UNC '92 (Sil) my practice heats up after Christmas each year and I basically work and sleep and nothing else until mid April so won't be making the trip. I'll be with y'all in spirit.

@UNC '92

Very generous offer, thank you sir. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I almost bought a ticket -- I have family in Orlando -- but decided against it because my mom is having some health issues. She lives alone so I'm going to visit her for a few days at Christmas to help around the house and take her to doctors appointments.

I hope those of you who are able to make it have a blast. Just stay away from discussions about politics and religion and everything will be fine. Ha!
Prayers for your mother's health. Your priorities lie in the right place my friend.

No politics allowed while celebrating the Heels and the Holidays! We'll put that aside for our mutual love of the Heels and celebrate our arrival to big time football instead!

Reactions: Raising Heel
@UNC '92 (Sil) my practice heats up after Christmas each year and I basically work and sleep and nothing else until mid April so won't be making the trip. I'll be with y'all in spirit.
AAU? I am committed to AAU as well. Not sure if this is a good excuse but you get a pass anyway since it's Christmas.

Can't make it. I'm saving up to go to the national championship game next season to cheer on the Heels.

Y'all enjoy.

I can barely get myself to go to the grocery store, much less Orlando. Considering the dreadful record of 0-13 when I attend games...no. I tested it this year and we lost to South Carolina. I have accepted that my presence has placed a curse upon the football program, and I'm just going to have to live with that.

I can barely get myself to go to the grocery store, much less Orlando. Considering the dreadful record of 0-13 when I attend games...no. I tested it this year and we lost to South Carolina. I have accepted that my presence has placed a curse upon the football program, and I'm just going to have to live with that.
I'm going to have to agree here. Stay away! :)

I can barely get myself to go to the grocery store, much less Orlando.

Your level of laziness is truly impressive. You are a giant in the world of sedentary lifestyles.

Considering the dreadful record of 0-13 when I attend games...no. I tested it this year and we lost to South Carolina. I have accepted that my presence has placed a curse upon the football program, and I'm just going to have to live with that.

A lot of people claim kind of the same thing. I used to think I was unlucky as well as up until about 5 years ago, my record seeing the Heels football team in person was something like 5-18. But eeesh, you're o-fer. You really may be a jinx. Thanks for staying at home.

I don't want the clap, so no.

But in actuality, the week after Christmas is one of my busiest of the year. I couldn't go to any game that week that took me out of the office.

I'll be there in spirit only. Not enough funds after spending over $1k on vet bills in the last two months. (Safe to say that this will be the last pet I ever own.)

GO HEELS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT