ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your favorite 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' character?

Who is your favorite?

• Frank

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Dennis

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Cholly

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sweet Dee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I first started watching the show back in the day, it was Charlie.

But as I've re-watched and re-watched over the years, Dennis has become by far my favorite. His character is pure genius.
I love Dennis but Charlie still gets my vote. He's also the only actor not named Devito to have a career in movies.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
First, nice touch in the poll spelling Charlie how Frank would pronounce it. Well done.

Charlie is still the top choice for me, with Frank probably next. It's really tough for me to rank them all though because any given episode, any one of the gang can produce the biggest laugh for me. I've been rewatching this show recently, and watching some of the old episodes going "Man, I remember when I thought this was the craziest thing they could do" and how they have just continued to top themselves with ridiculousness and pushing the characters further and further. It will never cease to amaze me that Danny Devito is not only a part of this show, but continues to do insane thing after insane thing when he really doesn't have to. He never goes "I'm too famous and respected to do this," he just dives right into whatever insane thing Frank is doing.

Also, something that is great on this show is that the entire ensemble has some masterful line delivery in terms of getting a laugh. Like how Frank says "Dirty Hoooo-er" or Dee with "Oh goddammit" or when Dennis gets riled up (example, when he asks Dee to peel an apple: "I AM NOT ALLOWED TO EAT IT WITH THE SKIN, DEE! I AM NOT ALLOWED!"). This show is definitely one of the best when it comes to utilizing every part of the ensemble to their full potential, and playing to each individuals' strength.

Something I have thought about when I was rewatching it this time, if you made a collection of episodes based on whose name is in the episode (like "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's Ass" or "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack"), which character would have the best collection of episodes? Followup, would any individual character be able to beat the collection of episodes named after The Gang?

Also, to TW's point, Charlie is definitely doing the best in terms of movies and such, but Kaitlin Olson has had a couple roles in things and she had that other tv show for a while, The Mick. Glenn Howerton also has his other show, AP Bio, and he was a pretty decent character in the first season of Fargo. He was also in the running to play Chris Pratt's role in Guardians of the Galaxy, though, obviously, he didn't land that part. So while I agree Charlie has the most movie roles going on right now, and will likely continue to do so, those two could be doing more in the future. Mac, however, seems to be pretty content sticking to writing and producing when it comes to other projects.

First, nice touch in the poll spelling Charlie how Frank would pronounce it. Well done.

Charlie is still the top choice for me, with Frank probably next. It's really tough for me to rank them all though because any given episode, any one of the gang can produce the biggest laugh for me. I've been rewatching this show recently, and watching some of the old episodes going "Man, I remember when I thought this was the craziest thing they could do" and how they have just continued to top themselves with ridiculousness and pushing the characters further and further. It will never cease to amaze me that Danny Devito is not only a part of this show, but continues to do insane thing after insane thing when he really doesn't have to. He never goes "I'm too famous and respected to do this," he just dives right into whatever insane thing Frank is doing.

Also, something that is great on this show is that the entire ensemble has some masterful line delivery in terms of getting a laugh. Like how Frank says "Dirty Hoooo-er" or Dee with "Oh goddammit" or when Dennis gets riled up (example, when he asks Dee to peel an apple: "I AM NOT ALLOWED TO EAT IT WITH THE SKIN, DEE! I AM NOT ALLOWED!"). This show is definitely one of the best when it comes to utilizing every part of the ensemble to their full potential, and playing to each individuals' strength.

Something I have thought about when I was rewatching it this time, if you made a collection of episodes based on whose name is in the episode (like "Charlie Goes America All Over Everybody's Ass" or "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack"), which character would have the best collection of episodes? Followup, would any individual character be able to beat the collection of episodes named after The Gang?

Also, to TW's point, Charlie is definitely doing the best in terms of movies and such, but Kaitlin Olson has had a couple roles in things and she had that other tv show for a while, The Mick. Glenn Howerton also has his other show, AP Bio, and he was a pretty decent character in the first season of Fargo. He was also in the running to play Chris Pratt's role in Guardians of the Galaxy, though, obviously, he didn't land that part. So while I agree Charlie has the most movie roles going on right now, and will likely continue to do so, those two could be doing more in the future. Mac, however, seems to be pretty content sticking to writing and producing when it comes to other projects.
tl;dr

I've seen zero episodes of this show. So no clue. But generally I find Danny Devito to be spectacularly unfunny.

th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT