ADVERTISEMENT

Who wants to go to the UVA game for free?

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
UNC is giving away two free tickets to the UVA game for all season ticket holders. I've claimed mine and would love to give them to a Heel fan who might not otherwise go to the game.

If you're interested and are sure you can go, post in this thread and pick a number between 1 and 100. The person closest to the number gets the tickets. I'll send a private message to @TarHeelNation11 and @UNC71-00 (since I know they've already made arrangements for the game) with the number so they can ensure there's no funny business. Tiebreaker, if necessary, will be a coin flip. Deadline for entry is 5 pm on Friday. I'll announce the winner Friday evening.

The seats are in section 204, row H, seats 7-8 in case anyone is interested. The game is a 3:30 kickoff next Saturday, October 24. Good luck!

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and call it since somebody hit the number dead-on.

The winner is @uncboy10 who picked 23. Congrats! I'll send you a private message to get your email address.

Thanks to everyone who participated. If UNC does another promotion like this maybe I'll stage another give-away. (Truth be told, I wish UNC season ticket holders who can't make it to a game gave their tickets to other UNC fans instead of selling them on StubHub or just eating the cost. It would solve the problems of empty seats and the enemy infiltration of Kenan Stadium).

Last edited:

The winner is @uncboy10 who picked 23. Congrats! I'll send you a private message to get your email address.

Thanks to everyone who participated. If UNC does another promotion like this maybe I'll stage another give-away. (Truth be told, I wish UNC season ticket holders who can't make it to a game gave their tickets to other UNC fans instead of selling them on StubHub or just eating the cost. It would solve the problems of empty seats and the enemy infiltration of Kenan Stadium).
Why did you pick #23?

I'm so pumped! I cant even begin to thank you enough, this was an unbelievably cool gesture! I'll probably be the loudest person in all of Kenan next Saturday

gdp_gif.gif

Damn! I chose #52 because of James Worthy. I put down #23 first and then deleted it because I thought #23 seemed too obvious. That is what I get for thinking. lol. Thanks for the opportunity Raising Heel. Kind gesture to say the least. Have fun uncboy10.

Go Heels!!!

Damn! I chose #52 because of James Worthy. I put down #23 first and then deleted it because I thought #23 seemed too obvious. That is what I get for thinking. lol. Thanks for the opportunity Raising Heel. Kind gesture to say the least. Have fun uncboy10.

Go Heels!!!
LOL. I like your thinking, buddy. Wish I had enough tickets to give everyone because I would invite the entire board if I could! Incidentally, I started planning a trip back in the spring so some buddies and I can take an RV to the Virginia game. There are 5 of us going. I'm the only UNC fan...the rest are just along for the ride...but that's more butts in seats against the Wahoos.

Reactions: TarHeelMark

Go Heels!!!
I would think that for football tickets, if the # is that of a former great, it would be a football player's number. If 23, it should be for and because of Don McCauley. How about #22 for Choo Choo? How about 55 for Chris Hanburger or 40 for Ken Willard? How about 44 for Mike Voight? How about 98 for Lawrence Taylor? How about 20 for Amos Lawrence?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT