ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be our next commit?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 pages!!!

giphy.gif

I would prefer to live in a Pixar movie than live with my head shoved up my ***. But who I am to tell you how to live your life?

Also, it's the ultimate ****** (family friendly board) move to call for a mod to bail you out. Don't make ****** moves.

If you and others can't keep it clean then this is how your comments are look to others from now on.

...especially those like @Raising Heel who contribute a whole hell of a lot to this site's forum community...
Some people have you know, jobs, lives and don't have time to post on every message board.
I see the message about condescension went right over your head. In a post that wasn't even directed at you, no less.
Na not really. Keep providing these gems though. So enlightening
You clearly suggested that I must not have a job or a life based on my contributions to THI message boards. So either the plea to end the condescension went over your head, or you chose to disregard it. Neither is a particularly good look.

Speaking of enlightening, tell me, what do you do for a living? And how do you spend your free time? I'd like to know the standards of excellence that I should be living up to in order to fulfill your requirements for a meaningful existence. If you're going to call me out, surely you're man enough to explain this for everyone.

• dook sux
  • Roy is Jesus; Dean is God
  • OAD recruits are the devil and we shouldn't recruit that trash
  • any time we lose, it's the ref's fault and the NCAA wants to screw us.
  • We should never deviate from the Dean coaching tree, come Hell or high water.
I think most of us feel the first bullet point is true. With the possible exception of Gary's opinion on the last one, I challenge you to cite a single quote that espouses the other four views. They're exaggerations of the highest magnitude, and you know it.

Look you guys have those opinions, as much as I disagree with them, you have the right to believe them and state them as you please.

What grinds my gears, is when someone disagrees, some of the posters on here won't tolerate it. That's why I took issue with gary and chapelheeled. It's one thing to have a civil discussion about basketball, but to be called a dook fan or "apologist" that's just not reasonable or true.

And then the blatant hypocrisy. "We don't want such and such player, we don't need OADS" when A) Roy has gone after the same sort of players K and Cal have and B) It's not counterintuitive to our system nor is it bad to have them on your team, we're a program that should want the best talent to come here. I see that kind of sentiment as excuses as to why we're not getting the kind of guys UK and dook are.

This is my last warning to those of you who keep bickering back and forth,either stop it now or this thread gets locked...THIS is what drives other fans away from this board.

Yup .. that's it for me .. this bs should have been locked down 5 pages ago .. totally uncalled for. See you in September.

This is my last warning to those of you who keep bickering back and forth,either stop it now or this thread gets locked...THIS is what drives other fans away from this board.

@andrew jones @mikeirbyusa @heelbent

No, this is what drives our OWN fans away from this board.

It always starts the same way too. So if you promise to reprimand those who are attacking poasters who don't subscribe to the groupthink, then I promise to only report poasters who are attacking others for not towing the company line, as opposed to taking them behind the woodshed.

Deal? Or should I just fuggit about it and stay on the payboard?

• dook sux
  • Roy is Jesus; Dean is God
  • OAD recruits are the devil and we shouldn't recruit that trash
  • any time we lose, it's the ref's fault and the NCAA wants to screw us.
  • We should never deviate from the Dean coaching tree, come Hell or high water.
I think most of us feel the first bullet point is true. With the possible exception of Gary's opinion on the last one, I challenge you to cite a single quote that espouses the other four views. They're exaggerations of the highest magnitude, and you know it.

Matching hyperbole with hyperbole? I bet I could go back through the archives and find several comments (probably an entire thread) blaming the refs.

And no one is allowed to question Roy without being attacked and insulted. Look, I understand that Roy is a HOF coach and we couldn't ask for a better coach. But should someone question whether or not he should have called timeout, and let the fire of Hell rain down upon him. Surely you of all people are aware of this phenomenon.

So do you really want me to go through the board and pull quotes? If so, then I propose a wager. If I can pull the quotes, you agree to never poast on Radar again. If I can't, then I won't poast on Radar. And I'm not talking about not poasting just under this name- I mean any name. Both of our styles are easily recognizable, so this will be easy to enforce.

You confident enough to make that wager?

I just want to know why the Platek kid has not committed ? He is not in the top 100 but has been offered a scholly to his dream school but has failed to commit ? What is up with that ?

I just want to know why the Platek kid has not committed ? He is not in the top 100 but has been offered a scholly to his dream school but has failed to commit ? What is up with that ?

I think he is trying to up his brand so to speak. Take his visits, see whats out there.

No, this is what drives our OWN fans away from this board.

Or maybe, just maybe, and stay with me on this:

Maybe the fact that people have derailed this thread on at least 3 separate occasions just to hurl insults with the posters they have "issues" with is what drives a lot of people away? Just a hypothesis.

Now here's a suggestion: How about you just stop posting here all together? No wagers or transactions. I mean, if you're so unhappy with the "freeboard" that you'd bet your free speech to stop posting because of some holier-than-thou feeling you have, maybe you should just go back there anyway.

On top of that, I've seen 2 people in this thread alone make this "threat" before, yet they're still here. I'd love to see someone actually honor their own word for once.

Basically what Sk said. Which I believe is the case. Why not get some enjoyment out of your recruitment while you're at it?

I do believe we'll get a commitment from him and Weatherspoon before most. They'll be great steals for us IMO.

Reactions: Bur-Heel

Maybe the fact that people have derailed this thread on at least 3 separate occasions just to hurl insults with the posters they have "issues" with is what drives a lot of people away? Just a hypothesis.

Now here's a suggestion: How about you just stop posting here all together? No wagers or transactions. I mean, if you're so unhappy with the "freeboard" that you'd bet your free speech to stop posting because of some holier-than-thou feeling you have, maybe you should just go back there anyway.

On top of that, I've seen 2 people in this thread alone make this "threat" before, yet they're still here. I'd love to see someone actually honor their own word for once.

Thank you

That's a suggestion Rosie, but given that I didnt start a thing, it's not particularly germane to the discussion. So here's a suggestion for you- if you don't like a thread don't read any more of it.

My wager has nothing to do with any holier-than-thou sentiment, rather it was me calling out someone who exhibited that very sentiment. So you should be thanking me, not attempting to chastise me. Holier than thou people never offer a wager either, for future reference.

And I haven't made any threat, so I have no idea what you mean by this.

And I can't speak to what drives more people away, but I can speak to what has driven away people whom I know. But what I do know is that people should be able to respectfully disagree with a position without having the Raider posse attempt run them out of town for daring to not subscribe to groupthink.

That's a suggestion Rosie, but given that I didnt start a thing, it's not particularly germane to the discussion. So here's a suggestion for you- if you don't like a thread don't read any more of it.

My wager has nothing to do with any holier-than-thou sentiment, rather it was me calling out someone who exhibited that very sentiment. So you should be thanking me, not attempting to chastise me. Holier than thou people never offer a wager either, for future reference.

And I haven't made any threat, so I have no idea what you mean by this.

And I can't speak to what drives more people away, but I can speak to what has driven away people whom I know. But what I do know is that people should be able to respectfully disagree with a position without having the Raider posse attempt run them out of town for daring to not subscribe to groupthink.

Well don't get me wrong, I find it pretty hilarious that a bunch of adults will throw stones at each other on the internet over nothing. It's provided for some sad thrill for a few minutes. And I think you're absolutely right, people should be able to respectfully disagree. I don't even think half of this has been respectful. Especially not since Page 7. Minus multiple failed attempts to return this thread back to recruiting talk.

I didn't claim you started anything, either. Truthfully, I don't really care who started things for that matter. I haven't followed this thread as much as I did a few days ago after people became minions.

Speaking of minions, I did notice your 1st post was a clearly rhetorical questions directed to something or "someone" being the root cause as to why people don't post here, and your 2nd consisted of you targeting gary and other posters as "minions", so I'm going to say it's safe to assume that you were hinting around at gary and/or others being the cause? You may not have started, but you definitely managed to jump in and keep it going.

I don't think I should thank you because that's not what I requested you to do. What I said was that you seem to be unhappy with certain people/the way things are going here so perhaps you should go to where you are happiest, instead of wanting to make a bet to either rid this board of you or another poster. Which is asinine in itself because I think even you know that no one has ever said "Roy is Jesus" and "Dean is God" unironically. Either way, we'd lose a poster, which would go against the point of your original post.

I think most would constitute "Your mouth keeps writing checks that your ass can't cash." as well as the rest of that vulgar post as an extremely hostile threat. But maybe that's just me. But that's not even what I was referring to.

The threat (and yes it was a threat, hostile or not) was that you should say "fuggit" and stay on the payboard, which sounds like it would be a better use of your time. Like I said, I've seen 2 people in this thread other than you have said they'd go back to the "pay board" or some other board because of some sort of dissatisfaction, yet they still come here. In fact, they are the ones who were fanning the flames of this train-wreck. If you want to go back to the payboard, then just go. There's no need to drag others down with you.

Anyway, I'll refrain from going further with this particular issue. Hopefully the mods will deal with this at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT