ADVERTISEMENT

Why do you march?

Don't forget our schools, they constantly reinforce these lies as well.

- Don't agree with Obama's policies? You're a racist!
- Don't trust Hillary Clinton? You're a sexist!
- Concerned because our borders are so porous? You're a xenophobe!
- Not in favor of gay marriage? You're a homophobe!
- Not a person of color? You're an old white man.
- Don't like the ACA? You want old people and people of color to die!

Dems are so quick to stereotype and divide Americans along any lines they can. Divide and conquer is their mantra.

The most accurate poast ever poasted on a message board.

Let's see. A man who is strongly prejudiced against women? Falls under the sexist umbrella, I would say.

rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F09e69c3c-5657-4b65-8739-faee9743b76b.jpg

Reactions: UNC71-00
Fitting that you punctuated your poasts in this thread with facepalm-able meme.

So how many times have guys jacked with Chicks about making sammiches on here.....and she plays right along....I actually thought I was helping the mood some.....to soon maybe?
I get it and can take the jabs but guys, you really have no idea how it feels to be treated like your only worth is for pleasing a man. I understand more clearly now when I read your comments here and on other sites why I prefer being single. You really do not understand.

Are there women out there whining over stupid shit??? Absolutely! But there ARE plenty of legitimate complaints too and that's why they protest and march. Just know that once you take the politics out of this and look at the real complaints, you will see the things your mothers, sisters, wives and daughters have to deal with sometimes.

If a woman you know has NEVER experienced some sort of discrimination or being sexualized by a man, then she's been under a rock somewhere or just isn't very attractive to men.

To this day I believe that constantly being treated like I was only here for men's sexual pleasure is what led me to just say Fk it and just screw whoever I wanted to for a couple of years when I was 40. I'd use the hell out of men and not care one bit. Lied to them all the time just to get what I wanted. I'm not proud of it and do regret it but it's the sorry path I took. Now I cannot even love anyone as I should and trust no one. Sad but true.

Just look at these marches outside of this political debacle we have now. Maybe you can empathize a bit.

One one hand, it's nice to know I have another fan - a follower. But on the other hand, I see I've been unable to teach you anything so I'm kind of disappointed in myself too. But keep paying attention. Your bound to learn something at some point.
I'm going to cut you some slack, poopslinger, because it's obvious you've had a few too many bourbons tonight. As for being "unable to teach me anything," are you talking about how to confuse "your" with "you're" and "one" with "on"? Maybe I should be teaching you!

Otherwise, oh yes, I'm a BIG fan. I would follow you to end of the earth . . . and push you off.

Last edited:
I get it and can take the jabs but guys, you really have no idea how it feels to be treated like your only worth is for pleasing a man. I understand more clearly now when I read your comments here and on other sites why I prefer being single. You really do not understand.

Are there women out there whining over stupid shit??? Absolutely! But there ARE plenty of legitimate complaints too and that's why they protest and march. Just know that once you take the politics out of this and look at the real complaints, you will see the things your mothers, sisters, wives and daughters have to deal with sometimes.

If a woman you know has NEVER experienced some sort of discrimination or being sexualized by a man, then she's been under a rock somewhere or just isn't very attractive to men.

To this day I believe that constantly being treated like I was only here for men's sexual pleasure is what led me to just say Fk it and just screw whoever I wanted to for a couple of years when I was 40. I'd use the hell out of men and not care one bit. Lied to them all the time just to get what I wanted. I'm not proud of it and do regret it but it's the sorry path I took. Now I cannot even love anyone as I should and trust no one. Sad but true.

Just look at these marches outside of this political debacle we have now. Maybe you can empathize a bit.
I have 3 daughters and 4 granddaughters and hope none ever experience anything bad, too late for the youngest, but I'm willing to bet 2/3's of those protesting have no idea what they are even protesting about.

I have 3 daughters and 4 granddaughters and hope none ever experience anything bad, too late for the youngest, but I'm willing to bet 2/3's of those protesting have no idea what they are even protesting about.
It's not one thing though. Some ARE protesting this political mess and Trump. But others are protesting the things that have been going on for years and are sick of the lack of respect we are sometimes faced with. Me, personally, cannot relate to discrimination on the job but I know it exists.

Being sexualized doesn't happen to every woman but I've been dealing with it since age 14. Others are protesting because of their rights to do what they want with their own bodies. Some are sick of being charged more for buying women's clothing or products that the equivalent in men's products or clothing is significantly less. Medications are even treated differently. There is SO much here. If y'all would just listen to try and understand instead so you can respond or react, you might get it.

Being sexualized doesn't happen to every woman but I've been dealing with it since age 14 I don't even know what this means. What is being "sexualized"?

Others are protesting because of their rights to do what they want with their own bodies. What would a woman like to do with her body that she can't?

Some are sick of being charged more for buying women's clothing or products that the equivalent in men's products or clothing is significantly less. That's because y'all are willing to spend more money on clothes. Just stop doing it.

Medications are even treated differently. How so?

There is SO much here. If y'all would just listen to try and understand instead so you can respond or react, you might get it. OK. I'm trying but you still aren't making sense.

It's not one thing though. Some ARE protesting this political mess and Trump. But others are protesting the things that have been going on for years and are sick of the lack of respect we are sometimes faced with. Me, personally, cannot relate to discrimination on the job but I know it exists.

Being sexualized doesn't happen to every woman but I've been dealing with it since age 14. Others are protesting because of their rights to do what they want with their own bodies. Some are sick of being charged more for buying women's clothing or products that the equivalent in men's products or clothing is significantly less. Medications are even treated differently. There is SO much here. If y'all would just listen to try and understand instead so you can respond or react, you might get it.
My Wife said last night as we were watching some of the reruns of the marches, "I have a hard time respecting someone wearing a 'Pussy Hat'".

Don't forget our schools, they constantly reinforce these lies as well.

- Don't agree with Obama's policies? You're a racist!
- Don't trust Hillary Clinton? You're a sexist!
- Concerned because our borders are so porous? You're a xenophobe!
- Not in favor of gay marriage? You're a homophobe!
- Not a person of color? You're a greedy, horrible, priveleged old white man.
- Don't like the ACA? You want old people and people of color to die. So you're an ageist and a racist!

Dems are so quick to stereotype and divide Americans along any lines they can. Divide and conquer is their mantra.

It really is a genius system they've worked out for themselves, you definitely have to give them that. You can't disagree with any of their stances without being branded an "ist/phobe" of some sort. They never have to even debate on the merits of their policy, they win in the court of public opinion by portraying opponents as against groups of people if they have different opinions on policy.

It really is a genius system they've worked out for themselves, you definitely have to give them that. You can't disagree with any of their stances without being branded an "ist/phobe" of some sort. They never have to even debate on the merits of their policy, they win in the court of public opinion by portraying opponents as against groups of people if they have different opinions on policy.
Yep, it's really sheer genius. And the media falls for it every time because it's what they want to believe.

Reactions: nctransplant

My Wife said last night as we were watching some of the reruns of the marches, "I have a hard time respecting someone wearing a 'Pussy Hat'".
Same here. It's just like not ALL who support Trump are racists or misogynistic either but some ARE. And SOME who supported Obama were lazy people who want something for nothing. Once you weed out the extremists in any group and listen to what the core is saying, you'll find the real issue.

Again, it is so very important to listen to understand, not listen to react/respond. I had to do that when it came to the two candidates this time and didn't find much to admire about either. I did find a few things I liked about what Trump said but his social antics really proved he wasn't the man for the job no matter how successful he is in business.

Same here. It's just like not ALL who support Trump are racists or misogynistic either but some ARE. And SOME who supported Obama were lazy people who want something for nothing. Once you weed out the extremists in any group and listen to what the core is saying, you'll find the real issue.

Again, it is so very important to listen to understand, not listen to react/respond. I had to do that when it came to the two candidates this time and didn't find much to admire about either. I did find a few things I liked about what Trump said but his social antics really proved he wasn't the man for the job no matter how successful he is in business.
So what if he really does some good things? What will you do then?

Same here. It's just like not ALL who support Trump are racists or misogynistic either but some ARE. And SOME who supported Obama were lazy people who want something for nothing.

Agreed on both. Yes there are racist/homophobic/etc. supporters of Trump, just as there were some undesirable supporters of Obama. I think the issue that some are having, is that we didn't have endless marches and movements and sit-ins "raising awareness" for the undesirables in Obama's camp, or the damage that some of his policies could do to the country. People just accepted he was President. Yes, I'm sure there were small groups that voiced displeasure, but it wasn't nearly on the same scale, and it certainly wasn't shoved down the country's throat like it is now.

So what if he really does some good things? What will you do then?
I think it would be fantastic! I just have serious doubts right now. I HOPE to be proved wrong.

Same here. It's just like not ALL who support Trump are racists or misogynistic either but some ARE. And SOME who supported Obama were lazy people who want something for nothing.

Agreed on both. Yes there are racist/homophobic/etc. supporters of Trump, just as there were some undesirable supporters of Obama. I think the issue that some are having, is that we didn't have endless marches and movements and sit-ins "raising awareness" for the undesirables in Obama's camp, or the damage that some of his policies could do to the country. People just accepted he was President. Yes, I'm sure there were small groups that voiced displeasure, but it wasn't nearly on the same scale, and it certainly wasn't shoved down the country's throat like it is now.
Agreed. I think Trump just hit a huge nerve with the die hard feminists and this is the result.

Agreed. I think Trump just hit a huge nerve with the die hard feminists and this is the result.
You had the first woman presidential candidate get beaten by a man who, like it or not, represents a very less-than-respectful attitude toward women. Or, at least shows he can be as shallow as they come. He's dropped 2 wives for a younger wife already. I'm sure that resonates with women big time. I don't mean that it I think it should be a big deal, or that they shouldn't be able to overcome it. I'm saying that is what has happened and they feel very slighted. His resume' toward women reflects someone who objectifies them and has always objectified them... and, that doesn't appeal to feminists at all.

You had the first woman presidential candidate get beaten by a man who, like it or not, represents a very less-than-respectful attitude toward women. Or, at least shows he can be as shallow as they come. He's dropped 2 wives for a younger wife already. I'm sure that resonates with women big time. I don't mean that it I think it should be a big deal, or that they shouldn't be able to overcome it. I'm saying that is what has happened and they feel very slighted. His resume' toward women reflects someone who objectifies them and has always objectified them... and, that doesn't appeal to feminists at all.

I understand that, and I agree with your point that it maybe shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is, or that they should get over it.

I've had multiple family members die of cancer. I feel like the equivalent would be if everyone in the country that has had someone in their family die of cancer marched against Obama (a smoker) when he got into office. What good would that have done?

Reactions: nctransplant
He's also got a pretty good track record for advancing women in the workplace. And no one seems to want to mention that he had the first woman to ever run a successful presidential campaign.....Thank you Mrs. Conway!

Reactions: GACMAN
I understand that, and I agree with your point that it maybe shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is, or that they should get over it.

I've had multiple family members die of cancer. I feel like the equivalent would be if everyone in the country that has had someone in their family die of cancer marched against Obama (a smoker) when he got into office. What good would that have done?
Well, you can keep on wishing they would get over it. What good is that going to do?

And, the equivalent you proposed... is just not equivalent at all. Cigarette smoking doesn't discriminate at all. People who have had family members die from it, still smoke themselves. It's just a poor choice for an equivalent. I guess you're saying both are foolish endeavors to you. I also get the feeling that you're fortunate that you don't have to face very many conflicts or restrictions in life (that you don't pose for yourself) to where you'd ever be inclined to feel the need to protest anything. That's a good indication that the demographic you happen to fall in has it pretty good. I'm not trying to take away your own diligence and concerted effort to make/create the life you have made for yourself. I'm sure you have as much as I have.

But, unless you're black, you can't really know what it's like to be black. There really are variables that we, as white males, never realize or have any understanding. Unless you're a woman, you can't really know what it's like to be a woman. And, it's a known fact that this country has been dominated, ruled and governed by white males, up until maybe the last 50 years. It was all white males up until 1865 at the very earliest. Women haven't even been voting for a century yet.

Reactions: Raising Heel
He's also got a pretty good track record for advancing women in the workplace. And no one seems to want to mention that he had the first woman to ever run a successful presidential campaign.....Thank you Mrs. Conway!
Kellyanne Conway is a great example. But, one person doesn't make a "pretty good track record." I don't mean that I think or believe that he is a demon toward women. Trump is from the Hefner generation. He's from the culture where women are subservient. he loves "beautiful women". He seems very superficial and he helps perpetuate that understanding. A lot of men over 50 or 60 are also from that culture where women are subservient, especially if you're from the South. It's moving away from that. It's taking a while, but it's changing in that direction. It's pretty obvious how the culture is shifting on a grand scale.

Well, you can keep on wishing they would get over it. What good is that going to do?

And, the equivalent you proposed... is just not equivalent at all. Cigarette smoking doesn't discriminate at all. People who have had family members die from it, still smoke themselves. It's just a poor choice for an equivalent. I guess you're saying both are foolish endeavors to you. I also get the feeling that you're fortunate that you don't have to face very many conflicts or restrictions in life (that you don't pose for yourself) to where you'd ever be inclined to feel the need to protest anything. That's a good indication that the demographic you happen to fall in has it pretty good. I'm not trying to take away your own diligence and concerted effort to make/create the life you have made for yourself. I'm sure you have as much as I have.

But, unless you're black, you can't really know what it's like to be black. There really are variables that we, as white males, never realize or have any understanding. Unless you're a woman, you can't really know what it's like to be a woman. And, it's a known fact that this country has been dominated, ruled and governed by white males, up until maybe the last 50 years. It was all white males up until 1865 at the very earliest. Women haven't even been voting for a century yet.

I guess I'm more trying to figure out what they're hoping to accomplish by protesting. These protests are directed at Trump, not at some law or practice that they feel is discriminatory. It's not the same as the Civil Rights Movement where there were clearly discriminatory laws and practices that they were campaigning against. In this situation - the people protesting are upset about Trump's comments, and potentially actions, towards women. So what's the goal here? To get Trump to stop making comments like that? To get him to apologize for past comments? To get on TV? I'm just having trouble seeing what the desired outcome of these protests are.

Saw this lady being interviewed and they asked her why she was protesting. She said so Trump would do something for special needs and disabled. They said what is one action he could take to change your mind. She said legalize medical marijuana in every state, WTH has that got to do with special needs.....Dipsh1t.

I guess I'm more trying to figure out what they're hoping to accomplish by protesting. These protests are directed at Trump, not at some law or practice that they feel is discriminatory. It's not the same as the Civil Rights Movement where there were clearly discriminatory laws and practices that they were campaigning against. In this situation - the people protesting are upset about Trump's comments, and potentially actions, towards women. So what's the goal here? To get Trump to stop making comments like that? To get him to apologize for past comments? To get on TV? I'm just having trouble seeing what the desired outcome of these protests are.
ASK THEM! And, maybe ask a few of them. Not just one.

I'm not the one protesting. I didn't mean to come across as their spokesperson here.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
It's pretty funny how some of those celebrities like Miley Cyrus and Madonna are so against Trump because of the way he treats women. Have you listened to their songs or watched them on stage?

Reactions: GACMAN
Saw this lady being interviewed and they asked her why she was protesting. She said so Trump would do something for special needs and disabled. They said what is one action he could take to change your mind. She said legalize medical marijuana in every state, WTH has that got to do with special needs.....Dipsh1t.
Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Research the benefits of medicinal marijuana and disabilities. It's not about smoking weed. They can extract things from cannibis to do wonders for sick people.

Actually, it has a lot to do with it. Research the benefits of medicinal marijuana and disabilities. It's not about smoking weed. They can extract things from cannibis to do wonders for sick people.
I don't doubt the disability aspect of it, hell my MIL could have gotten it for cancer. Would you like to tell me how it will benefit the kids I teach that have a hard time tying their shoes or reading at a third grade level when they are in high school?

I don't doubt the disability aspect of it, hell my MIL could have gotten it for cancer. Would you like to tell me how it will benefit the kids I teach that have a hard time tying their shoes or reading at a third grade level when they are in high school?
Without research we won't know if it can help those kids or not, will we?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT