'07 - 4-8
'08 - 0 (8) - 5
'09 - 0 (8) - 5
'10 - 8-5
'11 - 7-6
'12 - 8-4
'13 - 7-6
'14 - 6-7

Funny thing....UNC wears this burdensome "underachiever" label, but blind that resume. 13 winning seasons, 7 losing seasons in what for the most part was the darkest era in UNC Football history. But pundits regard us like Kentucky and Kansas in the annals of college football. We aren't Bama or Michigan, but we aren't KU or Dook, either. Most schools would kill to have 13 winning seasons in a "down" 2 decades.

Reactions: uncboy10
Funny thing....UNC wears this burdensome "underachiever" label, but blind that resume. 13 winning seasons, 7 losing seasons in what for the most part was the darkest era in UNC Football history. But pundits regard us like Kentucky and Kansas in the annals of college football. We aren't Bama or Michigan, but we aren't KU or Dook, either. Most schools would kill to have 13 winning seasons in a "down" 2 decades.
True. And that is the reason that once we get back, we could go on a very nice run, the kind impossible for UK or KU or IU.

9 Ws is a huge milestone for the program.

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
120-112 (counting the vacated)

Very definition of meh

'99, '02 and '06 were some tough times...this week-ends game is the most important simply because it is the next, the next "W" or "L"...I sure hope we're ready.

Reactions: strummingram

Just saying that if you take away 03's 10 losses and the 13 losses each year for the vacated years the team goes from 52% winning percentage to a 61% winning percentage. How many teams out there would be pleased to win 60% of their games. And Carolina has traditionally been a basketball school.

Just saying that if you take away 03's 10 losses and the 13 losses each year for the vacated years the team goes from 52% winning percentage to a 61% winning percentage. How many teams out there would be pleased to win 60% of their games. And Carolina has traditionally been a basketball school.
someone correct me if i'm wrong, like i have to ask, but we vacated the wins, which means we don't clam them as wins. we didn't forfeit the games.

The announcers noted a couple of times that we had not won 9 games since 1997.

I can get down with you taking the vacated losses out of the equation and making a case. I can't get with you taking 2003's 10 losses out of the equation. That's a woman's rationale right there when she's trying to make her "point" during an argument.

It was an important game and we stepped up. Next challenge, at Beamerville. No easy task but one I feel we're capable of meeting. As the Stones would say, we must be tough tough tough tough tough tough tough!

Arch, you just said this because you knew you'd get a free like from @TarHeelMark.

Watch.

Keith Richards and the Rolling Stones are awesome!

It was an important game and we stepped up. Next challenge, at Beamerville. No easy task but one I feel we're capable of meeting. As the Stones would say, we must be tough tough tough tough tough tough tough!
Rolling+Stones+Shattered+610425.jpg

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I can get down with you taking the vacated losses out of the equation and making a case. I can't get with you taking 2003's 10 losses out of the equation. That's a woman's rationale right there when she's trying to make her "point" during an argument.
I'm just saying that the Heels haven't been as bad as their record shows. I'm saying that more often the not the Heels have been successful. And if you take some of the worst campaigns away, you see just HOW successful they've been.

I'm just saying that the Heels haven't been as bad as their record shows. I'm saying that more often the not the Heels have been successful. And if you take some of the worst campaigns away, you see just HOW successful they've been.

but you can't take away legitimate losses and say, "see ...". that's moving the goal posts. Everyone on this board knows how good or bad we've been in all years more or less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT