ADVERTISEMENT

Why You mad brah?

2-6 Cumberland

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2022
Oregon v UNC

It should matter to Mack and Gene Chizik. Can't be giving Coaches passes with this much experience.

There are many coaches out there who had the same or worse situations with their teams. Duke prime example Georgia tech. there are a lot of examples of coaches elevating their teams with less. There has got to be some accountability for Mack and Chizik. Even Mack's press conference was tone deaf. This should be an audition to keep a job for Chizik. I know a lot of people don't like this. I like Mack to but, well I'll just save this. I made my opinion known throughout the year. But look at the bowl games. Oregon is very tough game but it's your bowl game. if your bowl game is unfair, you probably in the wrong business.

They are under achieving as a tandem. If you watched Duke, Louisville, in the bowl games? You can make all the excuses you want. Coaching matters. A lot of coaches are making it happen all over the country.

This is a judgment game whether some people like it or not. If you listen to Mack's press conference, you should be concerned his priorities and vision is off to say it mildly. He's a Great man and recruiter for a Roy Williams position. Not calling for his firing. Just the reality of the state of UNC football.

Last edited:
Oregon v UNC

It should matter to Mack and Gene Chizik. Can't be giving Coaches passed with this much experience.

There are many coaches out there who had the same or worse situations with their teams. Duke prime example Georgia tech. there are a lot of examples of coaches elevating their teams with less. There has got to be some accountability for Mack and Chizik. Even Mack's press conference was tone deaf. This should be an audition to keep a job for Chizik. I know a lot of people don't like this. I like Mack to but, well I'll just save this. I made my opinion known throughout the year. But look at the bowl games. Oregon is very tough game but it's your bowl game if your bowl game.

They are under achieving as a tandem. If you watched Duke, Louisville, in the bowl games? You can make all the excuses you want. Coaching matters. A lot of coaches are making it happen all over the country.

This is a judgment game whether some people like it or not. If you listen to Macks press conference, you should be concerned his priorities and vision is off to say it mildly. Hes a Great man and recruiter for a Roy Williams position. Not calling for his firing. Just the reality of the state of UNC football.
The problem is nobody, including a lot of the players, care. Some of the best players sit out, so you can't really put much stock in the performance of the teams. What you can do is use it to see what the next man up looks like. Get those young guys some experience for next year.

Reactions: 2-6 Cumberland
The problem is nobody, including a lot of the players, care. Some of the best players sit out, so you can't really put much stock in the performance of the teams. What you can do is use it to see what the next man up looks like. Get those young guys some experience for next year.
yea you're right. but this is about UNC. I see the whole wait till next year. Next year is this bowl game. Those young players are on this team, have been on this team. and are playing in this game. Don't get me wrong tarheel0910. I'm not questioning your knowledge. What's good about what you said is next year. The transfers are something I'm watching. You see I'm not one out there calling for firings. I am very critical of coach Chizik, however, those transfers look very interesting to me. So, talking about next year makes a lot of sense. I'm with you on that. Tonight, is the night for the bowl game the committee gave them. I'm just looking for something acceptable. I'm with them even if they were 0-10, won't like but will still be there. Let's go Heels

Oregon v UNC

It should matter to Mack and Gene Chizik. Can't be giving Coaches passes with this much experience.

There are many coaches out there who had the same or worse situations with their teams. Duke prime example Georgia tech. there are a lot of examples of coaches elevating their teams with less. There has got to be some accountability for Mack and Chizik. Even Mack's press conference was tone deaf. This should be an audition to keep a job for Chizik. I know a lot of people don't like this. I like Mack to but, well I'll just save this. I made my opinion known throughout the year. But look at the bowl games. Oregon is very tough game but it's your bowl game. if your bowl game is unfair, you probably in the wrong business.

This is a judgment game whether some people like it or not. If you listen to Mack's press conference, you should be concerned his priorities and vision is off to say it mildly. He's a Great man and recruiter for a Roy Williams position. Not calling for his firing. Just the reality of the state of UNC football.
No coordinator can make all the changes he wants and feels necessary if the position coaches on that side of the ball are not his choices. The DL will remain weak as long as Cross is DL coach, no matter the DC.

The reality, including for recruiting not just next year's class but the one after that, is that how you end a season matters immensely as to how your future is regarded. The end to 2021 sucked as screams dabout Mack's weaknesses, as well as those of the staff that Mack handpicked. The end to this season has been at least as bad. The only redemption is if we get this bowl win against a P5 team.

No coordinator can make all the changes he wants and feels necessary if the position coaches on that side of the ball are not his choices. The DL will remain weak as long as Cross is DL coach, no matter the DC.
those coaches were not there when Chizik was there in 2015, and the current position coaches should get the same thing he does as far as I'm concerned. It's his philosophy. I get what you're saying. He took the job and only changed with intense scrutiny, but he did make some changes during the year that I did agree with, but the offense failed them at the end of the season. great points though.

I don't think I have ever seen Mack Brown look like that at the beginning of a game. If they play the way, he looks Oregon might be in trouble?

Last edited:
Both teams cared, anybody who watched this game instead something random on Netflix cared. That was a great gm.

I was pleasantly surprised NC actually came as close as they did. I thought it.would be.a blowout. But then I saw that Oregon had as many defections as UNC so I guess that evened things out on that issue. But once again the defense totally collapses when it matters most. Something we have seen all year. With the recruiting.classes we have had over the last few years one would think the talent should be in place. But.something is terribly wrong on that side of the football. Offensively, Maye could be the best that has ever played here.q Without him, I.dont think this team.would have won 4 games. Offensive line is still a weak point.

Reactions: blazers
I was pleasantly surprised NC actually came as close as they did. I thought it.would be.a blowout. But then I saw that Oregon had as many defections as UNC so I guess that evened things out on that issue. But once again the defense totally collapses when it matters most. Something we have seen all year. With the recruiting.classes we have had over the last few years one would think the talent should be in place. But.something is terribly wrong on that side of the football. Offensively, Maye could be the best that has ever played here.q Without him, I.dont think this team.would have won 4 games. Offensive line is still a weak point.
No doubt Drake got them here and he also has performed the same way in 4 straight games. In the 3rd nd 4th quarters. He missed about 3 passes that would have iced this game. he misses the passes routinely outside the numbers. He also starts missing passes in the middle of the field, He's missing down the sideline and teams know it. they are scheming him after halftime, the plays are there especially tonight. When he gets the touch outside the numbers it's over. That's what put Sam in the NFL. I loved their focus tonight, but they lost it, after they made some plays on defense. This defense does not have the luxury to do that, however the defense played well enough to win that game.

No doubt Drake got them here and he also has performed the same way in 4 straight games. In the 3rd nd 4th quarters. He missed about 3 passes that would have iced this game. he misses the passes routinely outside the numbers. He also starts missing passes in the middle of the field, He's missing down the sideline and teams know it. they are scheming him after halftime, the plays are there especially tonight. When he gets the touch outside the numbers it's over. That's what put Sam in the NFL. I loved their focus tonight, but they lost it, after they made some plays on defense. This defense does not have the luxury to do that, however the defense played well enough to win that game.
Don't disagree totally. Defense did play well, until it really mattered then they looked like the Swiss cheese version we have seen all year. Any scheming up during games against Maye is our coaches fault. They should be more proactive in having answer to the changes. And at the end, the offense became very predictable. Run on 1st and 2nd down and then hope to have Maye bail them out on 3rd down. He does miss some passes. But half the time he is running for his life. As far as a comparison to Howell, I think Maye has been better than last years version of Howell. I thought last year that Howell read a few too many press clippings and felt like he had to hit the big play as opposed to making the easy throw to open receivers as he chased the Heisman and a high draft slot.

Well, we know games playout and coaching is graded on how they adjust. For this game it played out the way they hoped it would, actually better. With 2.59 left I think it was 2 and 12, Ball on at 27 of Oregon. Drake misses WR right side outside the number's receiver beats defender at line of scrimmage Drake on him all the way. He has done this a lot, that was a legacy defining throw a NFL throw. If he makes that throw, I'm not sure he stays at UNC even after saying he's coming back. Thats not coaching they are forcing him to make that pass, they know he struggles with that particular pass touch and anticipation. We all love Drake, but that pass was the ball game.

Every coach says games come down to one or two plays. If it does, then great players make those plays. This is good we highlight this about him, He knows this, it's not a secret to the opposing teams. UNC is afraid of too point that out because he has done so much, they believe he would leave, could leave, will leave.

Drake is a very loyal, dedicated, introspective, incredible young man, what father wouldn't want him as son?
He's a better person than a player I believe that 100%.

Hes coming back to try to give his home his love and uncommon selflessness. Man, that's a special Dude.

His touch outside the numbers I can't wait to see him next year. He knows what's up. Everything about this game was new and next year we start a new with new everything. I believe that game hit different, a light may have come on for the whole organization. Even if all the coaches come back. They all learned something today. No game they played to that point gave them what they got last night.
That's really what you're looking for. A lot is going to be new but not for Drake and so many of his teammates, I believe a lot of them are going to be ahead of the game this time. They all are going to be a step faster, not trying to be funny, but you could see it in several of their eyes. That look is going to travel.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT