ADVERTISEMENT

Will only one southpaw in the pen hurt UNC chances in the world series

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I really felt both times O'Brien came in this past weekend he was tremendous in getting outs against Stetsons stacked left handed hitting squad. He did not stay in long either appearance but was he not really effective. I know if Clemens from Texas comes up or that horse from Tennessee State comes to the plate in a clutch situation I do not want to see a Carolina right handed relief pitcher try and get them out. I hope having just one lefty in the pen ends up being the Heels archillies Heel.

I really felt both times O'Brien came in this past weekend he was tremendous in getting outs against Stetsons stacked left handed hitting squad. He did not stay in long either appearance but was he not really effective. I know if Clemens from Texas comes up or that horse from Tennessee State comes to the plate in a clutch situation I do not want to see a Carolina right handed relief pitcher try and get them out. I hope having just one lefty in the pen ends up being the Heels archillies Heel.
I don’t care if we had Sandy Koufax, I wouldn’t give Clemens the chance to do any damage if I was managing.... He would be walked every time up unless it was a tied game in the Bottom of the 9th and the bases were loaded...

O'Brien was great for the last three weeks but Carolina needed another southpaw out of the pen and it costly them greatly in Omaha.

Not really. Our bullpen hurt us, but not specifically because we didn't have another lefty.
Another lefty would have helped our pitching staff much more than another right hander, assuming same pitches at same speeds with same control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT