ADVERTISEMENT

Will Richt make Kaaya an even better QB?

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
For the first time in years, Richt is serving as the QB coach and play caller. When he was at FSU, nobody in the country was better as OC/QB coach. And when Richt started at UGA, he coached QBs and called plays, and did it very well.

So how much might he help Kaaya?

I think his forte is as an OC/QB coach so I expect Kaaya to thrive under his tutelage. He has a lot of talent, no doubt. I think Miami will be better in general under Richt. They have way too much talent to underachieve like they have been, IMO.

Richt is continuing the Top 10 recruiting that's pretty much been consistent at Miami for a long while. Will he be able to parlay that talent into wins, though? He did it at UGA, but could never get over the hump.

I think he'll rejuvenate the fanbase though which would be big for that program. Coastal could become a daunting division very quickly. No reason to think Miami couldn't win the division this year.

I think it is great for seasoned kids to get additional coaching from a new set of eyes. His footwork will probably be a tiny bit better, or his reads will be a tiny bit better. He could regress in ways, but i'd expect his fundamentals to improve at least in a small way.

But they need OLine improvement more than they need Kaaya improvement.

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT