ADVERTISEMENT

Will we beat UGA?

Will Carolina beat UGA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Random question, why do so many Carolina fans abbreviate UGA as UGa? Looks so weird to me.

dnk why others might do it but I'm lazy...

jmho, but the guy who said the function of language is to communicate, that is to get your point across, knew what he was talking about...

convention matters little to me but being clear about what you want to say should matter...

besides if you type capital GA are you capitalizing every letter in between?

it was the post office that started two letter capitalized abbreviations for every state...

but, where NC represents two words, Ga does not...

it's certainly no put down of the state or school, despite their spurious claim to be the first state U...

Reactions: Archer2
Enjoyed reading this thread.

Kudos to both schools for playing a good opponent to open the season. It is a great way to kick off
college football.

Hope both teams stay healthy, as everything is left to play for.

If Georgia can run the ball and keep UNC offense on the sidelines we can win.
If we can't then we are in trouble. We won't be able to score at the same rate to keep up.

We will have plenty of talent on the field, but much of it untested at this level.

Looks like a game time decision.

Maybe just coaching "games", but he has been progressing.
It wouldn't shock me if he played, but I just think the arm fracture was too severe to come back from this quickly. As a ball carrier, you can't always control how you fall and you can't brace yourself sometimes because you're holding the ball. One bad fall and landing on that arm could aggravate the injury.

and you guys show up with the one who gave up 413 yards/258 rushing to the terrible offense of UF and you scored 3 points on offense.

Lord I hope not. We can relate to the 2 safeties deep on the field and we are in the nickel package watching the Gators run it down our throat. Most frustrating game I've ever watched. Very similar to many of yalls comments on the bowl.

Have enjoyed learning more about your team in this thread. Looking forward to kickoff!

Lord I hope not. We can relate to the 2 safeties deep on the field and we are in the nickel package watching the Gators run it down our throat. Most frustrating game I've ever watched. Very similar to many of yalls comments on the bowl.

Have enjoyed learning more about your team in this thread. Looking forward to kickoff!
It is a helpless feeling for sure. Thank goodness I was on a cruise with an all-you-can-drink package while watching that Baylor game. I was about to the point of hooking up a bourbon drip intravenously watching them run the ball down our throat play after play after play after play.

My main problem with this approach would be....a good rushing attack would render our blitzing useless. I have visions of bringing a DB on a blitz from the outside and Chubb breaks through to the second level on that side, and only the safety would remain between him and a monster TD run. If we blitz linebackers, I'm fearful our DL won't create enough of a surge and UGA's OL will get to the second level and seal off our backers.

I'm terrified of Chubb in this game, as you can tell. I really do think he will run all over us. Our offense better be effective early and stay effective. That's our only chance IMO. A lot of our fanbase, even on premium, are expecting a win. I think that's very naive.

Our offense averaged 38.4 points / game with a healthy Chubb in games 1-5, and 18.7 points / game without him the remainder of the year. Last year, a lot of teams would stack the box and while it was moderately successful, they were also more likely to give up a big run. Teams that didn't blitz might prevent a big play but get gashed. At the end of the day, he averaged 8.1 yards / carry last year and the big question for me is this - will we see the old Nick Chubb on Saturday or will it take him a couple games under his belt to get going?

Our offense averaged 38.4 points / game with a healthy Chubb in games 1-5, and 18.7 points / game without him the remainder of the year. Last year, a lot of teams would stack the box and while it was moderately successful, they were also more likely to give up a big run. Teams that didn't blitz might prevent a big play but get gashed. At the end of the day, he averaged 8.1 yards / carry last year and the big question for me is this - will we see the old Nick Chubb on Saturday or will it take him a couple games under his belt to get going?

I'm wondering about this as well. It's one thing to be medically cleared 100% and able to run sprints full go, but that's not the same as being 100% in game shape. It may take him a game or two to fully get his legs back under him and be able to let it ride all out. And I'm sure he's been hit a few times in practice but you've got to wonder if the injury will be in the back of his head at all in his first game since.

I think Hollins first half suspension is a game-changer bc GA's safety can cheat to play the short pass/run game. Hollins stretches the field better than any other receiver and his absence won't help Trubisky in his first start. He's also a monster on ST, so there's that to consider too.

I think Hollins first half suspension is a game-changer bc GA's safety can cheat to play the short pass/run game. Hollins stretches the field better than any other receiver and his absence won't help Trubisky in his first start. He's also a monster on ST, so there's that to consider too.
I agree. No other WR on our roster can stretch the field like Hollins. In Smart's presser on Monday, you could hear the audible relief in his voice when someone asked him about Mack Hollins being out for the first half. He was like, "yeah I'm REALLY glad we only have to face him for one half."

It's neither here nor there but the whole missing a half for targeting thing is kinda bullshit.

Ryan Switzer is pretty darn effective at stretching the field vertically. And Mitch is going to look like Peyton Manning throwing the deep ball compared to Marquise. If they try to cheat their safeties up we're gonna put up a lot of yards through the air. If they don't we should put up a lot of yards on the ground. I 100% expect the offense to be better this year, just because it will be so much more balanced with Mitch slinging the rock. Losing Mack definitely hurts, but we still have some pretty serious deep threats even without him.

Actually, deep balls are the one area Mitch has struggled with relative to Marquise. He's had a year to improve his touch, but he will almost certainly outshine MW in the short and intermediate passing game.

In my personal experience its a lot harder to hit the deep balls when you aren't making the throws consistently in game. I would like to think that Mitch's precision and ability to make reads more quickly would allow him to fit balls into tighter windows downfield. If I remember correctly, didn't Marquise significantly improve his deep balls from his junior to senior year?

Actually, deep balls are the one area Mitch has struggled with relative to Marquise. He's had a year to improve his touch, but he will almost certainly outshine MW in the short and intermediate passing game.

I am with you on this. I'd love for Mitch to be better throwing deep but don't really expect that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT