ADVERTISEMENT

Will y'all pull for YOUR conference @ the pig skin final 4?

12375CAT

All-American
Feb 15, 2012
1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

Are you trying to ask if we will pull for FSU against Oregon? Yes, the ACC needs to keep winning. EVENTUALLY they have to admit that the wins mean something.

Yes, I will be pulling for FSU/ACC. Alabama has won enough recently....don't care for Saban. Like Ohio State....really don't care for Meyer. If FSU can't repeat, I would rather see Oregon win it all.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Apologies to nolegeorge, because he's a solid poster, but I probably won't be pulling for FSU. I pulled for them last year and they, of course, won, so that's about enough for me. I would definitely pull for them against dook or state, but I've grown tired of the Jameis/Jimbo show, so, alas, I'll pull for Oregon for no particular reason. I'm sure it will make a difference.

I'm pulling for whatever results in Jameis going to the NFL

So, what are the rumblings from the Big-12-2? Staying pat at 10? Looking to expand?

Originally posted by grillheel:
Apologies to nolegeorge, because he's a solid poster, but I probably won't be pulling for FSU. I pulled for them last year and they, of course, won, so that's about enough for me. I would definitely pull for them against dook or state, but I've grown tired of the Jameis/Jimbo show, so, alas, I'll pull for Oregon for no particular reason. I'm sure it will make a difference.
thanks grillheel ... much appreciated ... definitely respect your opinion on who your cheering on and I hope Oregon wins is all if we dont ... I dont care who we play in the final game if we get there but Im leaning on BAMA because it would be pretty cool to beat AU / AL in back to back championship games ((if we make it that is)) ... our D has finally picked it up over the last 3 games of the season but then the O looked like crap ((mostly JW)) ... we played a solid game against GT who is a very good team but Im not sure if we have enough D to stop Oregons attack ... winning it all would be gravy but I would rather have the rest of the ACC dominate their bowl games ... that would equal winning it all in my eyes ... so I guess Im a big ACC Homer and to answer the OP, I will be pulling for our conference ... hell I will even pull for UM

Originally posted by nolegeorge:
thanks grillheel ... much appreciated ... definitely respect your opinion on who your cheering on and I hope Oregon wins is all if we dont ... I dont care who we play in the final game if we get there but Im leaning on BAMA because it would be pretty cool to beat AU / AL in back to back championship games ((if we make it that is)) ... our D has finally picked it up over the last 3 games of the season but then the O looked like crap ((mostly JW)) ... we played a solid game against GT who is a very good team but Im not sure if we have enough D to stop Oregons attack ... winning it all would be gravy but I would rather have the rest of the ACC dominate their bowl games ... that would equal winning it all in my eyes ... so I guess Im a big ACC Homer and to answer the OP, I will be pulling for our conference ... hell I will even pull for UM
I will be doing the War Chant with FSU when you play Oregon, and dancing a war dance if you play for the title. As long as FSU winning doesn't DIRECTLY hurt UNC, your winning HELPS UNC.

I personally think it is stupid to want FSU to lose because JW is an idiot, the SEC has just as many, but ESPN doesn't talk about them. Can't do that.

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:
So, what are the rumblings from the Big-12-2? Staying pat at 10? Looking to expand?
No because a B12 championship game can also cost us a spot

@

the pig skin final 4.

@

the pig skin final 4.

@

the pig skin final 4.

i'm a UNC fan, not an ACC fan. i do root for va tech because my son and my brother went there -- other than that the rest of the ACC can go to he//.

@

the pig skin final 4.

Pulling for Miami for a Noles fan has to be easier than for us to pull for Moo or Dook. Moo has the most insane and obsessed fans in the country, and Dook is simply Dook.

I will be doing the Tomahawk Chop when FSU plays Oregon, and will do a war dance if you play for the title. I will try to say, while everyone has a right to cheer for who they want to cheer for, it is absolutey stupid to cheer against FSU when it helps the ACC. As for myself, unless FSU losing DIRECTLY helps UNC, I am cheering like mad for FSU.

I will be doing the Tomahawk Chop when FSU plays Oregon, and will do a war dance if you play for the title. I will try to say, while everyone has a right to cheer for who they want to cheer for, it is absolutey stupid to cheer against FSU when it helps the ACC. As for myself, unless FSU losing DIRECTLY helps UNC, I am cheering like mad for FSU.
Man crush @ UNC_Blue
3dgrin.r191677.gif
... All NOLES tyvm ... I hope we can win it all ... especially with how everyone doubts us ... but Im just gonna go out on a limb here and say that the ACC will turn some heads in the bowl season ... the beginning of next year is equally important ... UNC vs USCjr , UL vs Auburn , UM vs Neb ... others ... but it all starts now

I pulled for FSU last year and I will be pulling for them again this year. The Winston issue is a drag but maybe , just maybe we shouldn't be throwing stones....I will put on my FSU 2013 NCAA champ cap that I bought for $3.99 (NewERA at that) and tomahawk chant and chop away.

Originally posted by JimmyinVA:

explain it to me again, please, how FSU winning helps UNC?
Money ... visability of the ACC ... schedule ... recruiting
carolina gets more money if FSU wins their bowl game??? I didn't know that, i thought teams get a certain amount for being in the bowl game whether they win it or not.

visibility of the ACC??? i see how that helps the ACC, but can't for the life of me see how that benefits UNC except perhaps in a very indirect and neglible way. ACC's reputation as one big guy and lots of little guys does not help UNC imo.

schedule??? i really need a little help understanding how FSU winning helps UNC scheduling.

recruiting??? if a blue chip recruit ever said "i went to UNC because of the opportunity to play FSU once in a while" i'll believe it. until then, i don't.

what helps UNC is UNC winning, not FSU. furthermore, because fedora seems to like recruiting in the state of florida i can see a stronger case that FSU losing helps our chances of stealing an occasional 4-star recruit out of that state.

With one big cat , the little cats will keep getting scraps until they are big and strong. Do you truly believe UNC and the ACC would not be better off without a strong national presence in FSU? FSU cannot sign all the 4* players in Fl even if they had unlimited scholarships.

carolina gets more money if FSU wins their bowl game??? I didn't know that, i thought teams get a certain amount for being in the bowl game whether they win it or not.

visibility of the ACC??? i see how that helps the ACC, but can't for the life of me see how that benefits UNC except perhaps in a very indirect and neglible way. ACC's reputation as one big guy and lots of little guys does not help UNC imo.

schedule??? i really need a little help understanding how FSU winning helps UNC scheduling.

recruiting??? if a blue chip recruit ever said "i went to UNC because of the opportunity to play FSU once in a while" i'll believe it. until then, i don't.

what helps UNC is UNC winning, not FSU. furthermore, because fedora seems to like recruiting in the state of florida i can see a stronger case that FSU losing helps our chances of stealing an occasional 4-star recruit out of that state.
okay here we go.

#1 FSU gets more money if they go the final game. The ACC divides bowl earnings, so if FSU gets more money, UNC gets more money.

#2 Respect. This affects bowl games, recruiting, and rankings. Should we ever have a one loss season, the level of respect for the conference would have a huge impact on a potential playoff berth. There's been progress but like it or not, that continues with FSU winning the NC. People just don't care about the small bowls, even if the ACC goes undefeated in them.

#3 No idea there

#4 Again, a higher level of respect for ACC football means higher level recruits will want to play in the ACC. If you don't think FSU winning a NC helps with that then you're crazy. Of course it's on us to win enough games to make some of those good ones want to come to The HIll.

#5 Still totally true. While their may be some benefits to other teams in the conference doing well, it doesn't matter if the Heels don't take care of business themselves.

Originally posted by SeaHawk98:
Originally posted by JP4UNC:
I will be cheering for all the ACC teams to win, except one.
I have two I will not be pulling for!
Which of the trifecta of evil are you soft on? dook/state/VT?

Originally posted by uncboy10:

okay here we go.

#1 FSU gets more money if they go the final game. The ACC divides bowl earnings, so if FSU gets more money, UNC gets more money.

#2 Respect. This affects bowl games, recruiting, and rankings. Should we ever have a one loss season, the level of respect for the conference would have a huge impact on a potential playoff berth. There's been progress but like it or not, that continues with FSU winning the NC. People just don't care about the small bowls, even if the ACC goes undefeated in them.

#3 No idea there

#4 Again, a higher level of respect for ACC football means higher level recruits will want to play in the ACC. If you don't think FSU winning a NC helps with that then you're crazy. Of course it's on us to win enough games to make some of those good ones want to come to The HIll.

#5 Still totally true. While their may be some benefits to other teams in the conference doing well, it doesn't matter if the Heels don't take care of business themselves.
what I meant by schedule is when we play each other ((FSU/UNC))... which I think is next year or the year after ... it will be a big game for the UNC fanbase and potentially a big recruiting weekend if it is a home game for you all ... #5 is a no brainer and 120% true ... playing a high profile team only helps create a buzz ... especially if you can pull the upset ... What would it have done if you beat ND when they were like #4 ... which you almost did ... it creates something that Fedora can use

okay here we go.

#3 No idea there

All correct.

All of SEC football benefits every time any SEC team wins a national title or even a major bowl. From those Big Game Ws, the SEC gets richer TV deals and better game times and channels, as well as much promotion by TV talking heads, all of which translate into better recruiting of coaches as well as players.

okay here we go.

#3 No idea there

what I meant by schedule is when we play each other ((FSU/UNC))... which I think is next year or the year after ... it will be a big game for the UNC fanbase and potentially a big recruiting weekend if it is a home game for you all ... #5 is a no brainer and 120% true ... playing a high profile team only helps create a buzz ... especially if you can pull the upset ... What would it have done if you beat ND when they were like #4 ... which you almost did ... it creates something that Fedora can use
Well there ya go, that pretty much wraps it up.

I always pull for the ACC unless it's moo, VPI or the piles.

When they play each other I pull for the sinkhole.

Originally posted by SeaHawk98:

Originally posted by JP4UNC:
I will be cheering for all the ACC teams to win, except one.
I have two I will not be pulling for!
Which of the trifecta of evil are you soft on? dook/state/VT?
Forgot VT was going bowling. Yeah, make that 3 I will pull against!

Go Noles all the way,they have been disrespected all season because they haven't blowed teams off the field,but guess what a wins a win.

Originally posted by Raleigh2Miami:

Originally posted by heelbent:

Dare I ask- who are "the piles"?
Considering that "Piles" is also a term for hemorrhoids...

Originally posted by Raleigh2Miami:

Originally posted by heelbent:

Dare I ask- who are "the piles"?
Considering that "Piles" is also a term for hemorrhoids...
That's why ask....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT