ADVERTISEMENT

Will y'all pull for YOUR conference @ the pig skin final 4?

I won't pull for duke.

I won't pull for moo.

I won't pull for VT.

Last year I pulled for FSU. I won't this year. I loathe Oregon so definitely not them. Urban Meyer sucks. So Roll Tide.

As far as all those points about FSU winning helping UNC, those might be true - if UNC were doing their own part. With UNC not pulling their weight, it makes all those other points moot. So, once UNC is winning 10 games a year and playing up to potential, then maybe I'll start caring about the image of the ACC. Until then, any ACC team succeeding is just another team in front of the Heels. Screw 'em.

I pull for the ACC,,,, even you guys at times.

I hope FSU wins it again.... so Paul Finebaum and all the $EC slurpers can kiss off and and the ACC-haters can pound sand.

Makes no sense to ever pull against the ACC given the fact the ACC doesn't get the respect it rightfully deserves.

The critical bowl games will be Georgia Tech vs Miss State, Louisville vs Georgia, Miami vs South Carolina, and Duke vs Arizona State

That answer would be an unqualified NO. I could give less of a crap about the league. It does UNC no good at all, in fact quite the opposite. Any success they may have only helps their program, and recruiting. I hope they all get dubbed by double digits.

Originally posted by olcoach04:
That answer would be an unqualified NO. I could give less of a crap about the league. It does UNC no good at all, in fact quite the opposite. Any success they may have only helps their program, and recruiting. I hope they all get dubbed by double digits.
i agree 100% with you, sir.

Originally posted by JimmyinVA:

False.

What if UNC wins a lot of games next year of the next- and all the ACC teams took a dump on the field the prior season?.... it does matter in how they will get seeded. What happens this year DOES effect perception next year and little is gained...

Originally posted by Raleigh2Miami:

Originally posted by JimmyinVA:

False.

What if UNC wins a lot of games next year of the next- and all the ACC teams took a dump on the field the prior season?.... it does matter in how they will get seeded. What happens this year DOES effect perception next year and little is gained...
i can understand how FSU wants the rest of the league to do well. the other teams in the league are no threat to their dominance and if the conference as a whole does better it helps them. if unc ever gets to that level and we are not losing any games or recruits to other acc teams then sure I'll root for the rest of the conference. but considering that unc hasn't won an acc title since 1980 (that's 34 years ago!!!!) then i'll stick with my opinion to wish nothing but bad luck to our acc opponents (who for the most part have nothing but ill will toward us). olcoach is correct: when other acc teams win games their program gets stronger and more capable of beating UNC. any benefit we gain from being a bottom feeder in a stronger conference is vague and indirect by comparison.

This post was edited on 12/23 11:02 AM by JimmyinVA

This post was edited on 12/23 11:07 AM by JimmyinVA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT