ADVERTISEMENT

Would Bill Having an Illegitimate Son Be the End of Hillary's Campaign?

Forgive me for asking, but is that a serious question?

Yes...entirely. Why should those who are calling for Trump to release his tax returns need to read them? They will be pored over and information will be released.

Let's put it another way:

The funny thing about this is that 99.99% of the people bitching about the budget/tax code won't actually read them when they're released.

Fighting for equal rights for everyone is not "endorsing a race war." Thanks for the hyperbole.

And inviting a known domestic terrorist organization to the white house for dinner is not "fighting for equal rights for everyone". My hyperbole is no match for yours.

Yes...entirely. Why should those who are calling for Trump to release his tax returns need to read them? They will be pored over and information will be released.
So... you're saying that they should rely on the media or Clinton to give them a summary? I'm sure there will be no bias in that.

The funny thing about this is that 99.99% of the people bitching about the budget/tax code won't actually read them when they're released.
You're probably right, but most people will read the parts that are relevant to them. I admit that I don't spend much time on the codes for amortization of farm equipment, but I pay close attention to the personal income tax code. What part of Trump's tax return will be relevant to your life?

Reactions: gunslingerdick
So... you're saying that they should rely on the media or Clinton to give them a summary? I'm sure there will be no bias in that.
People comment every day on information they got through the media. You do it, too.
You're probably right, but most people will read the parts that are relevant to them. I admit that I don't spend much time on the codes for amortization of farm equipment, but I pay close attention to the personal income tax code. What part of Trump's tax return will be relevant to your life?

Off the top of my head - did Trump pay taxes on the $2.3M in income that was donated to his "foundation"? Given that he's running for president, I consider that relevant.

People comment every day on information they got through the media. You do it, too.
True, but on the really big issues I like to do some research myself. From what I'm being told, his tax returns are the biggest thing since the bombing of Pearl Harbor. That would qualify as a big deal, which would mean those complaining should read the returns for themselves.

Off the top of my head - did Trump pay taxes on the $2.3M in income that was donated to his "foundation"? Given that he's running for president, I consider that relevant.
He's being audited and if he hasn't paid his taxes then the IRS will charge him. Honestly, it's not that relevant to me, but that's fine if it's relevant to you. Personally, I have all the information I need to know that I won't be voting for any of the idiots that are running.

True, but on the really big issues I like to do some research myself. From what I'm being told, his tax returns are the biggest thing since the bombing of Pearl Harbor. That would qualify as a big deal, which would mean those complaining should read the returns for themselves.
Then, by that standard, those who complain about taxes or spending should read the tax code and/or the budget. They shouldn't rely on summaries supplied by third parties.
He's being audited and if he hasn't paid his taxes then the IRS will charge him. Honestly, it's not that relevant to me, but that's fine if it's relevant to you. Personally, I have all the information I need to know that I won't be voting for any of the idiots that are running.

How do you know he's being audited? Because he says so? Aren't you guilty of relying on an interested party for your information? There's a letter informing him that he's being audited if, in fact, that's true. Guess what else he refuses to release.

Then, by that standard, those who complain about taxes or spending should read the tax code and/or the budget. They shouldn't rely on summaries supplied by third parties.
Well, I've already talked about the whole relevant issue. Like I said, most people will read the codes that apply to them.

How do you know he's being audited? Because he says so? Aren't you guilty of relying on an interested party for your information? There's a letter informing him that he's being audited if, in fact, that's true. Guess what else he refuses to release.
That's all I have to go on right now. Who else would you rely on besides the people involved though? Apparently the IRS considers this a private matter and won't send me any information. Like I said I honestly don't give a crap about it and since I don't care about it I plan on doing little to no research on it. It just isn't relevant to my life.

Well, I've already talked about the whole relevant issue. Like I said, most people will read the codes that apply to them.
We're not talking about people looking in the tax code for items that affect them...we're talking about people who complain about taxes. Just like you were talking about people who complain about Trump's returns.You thought it important to note that 99.9% of them would never go through Trump's return line-by-line. I'll ask again, why is that relevant? What percentage of people who complain about taxes have actually read the tax code? I'd bet it's less than 0.1%. So? Is THAT relevant? I don't think so in either case.
That's all I have to go on right now. Who else would you rely on besides the people involved though? Apparently the IRS considers this a private matter and won't send me any information. Like I said I honestly don't give a crap about it and since I don't care about it I plan on doing little to no research on it. It just isn't relevant to my life.

You said:

But you're relying on Trump to give YOU information? No bias there?

You cared enough to post that the vast majority of people complaining about Trump and his tax returns would never actually read them. The point seems to be that if they don't personally dig through the returns they shouldn't be complaining in the first place. Did I misunderstand? If that wasn't the point, what is?

We're not talking about people looking in the tax code for items that affect them...we're talking about people who complain about taxes.
You may not be talking about that, but I have been. People who complain about taxes almost always are complaining about taxes that are relevant to them.

You thought it important to note that 99.9% of them would never go through Trump's return line-by-line. I'll ask again, why is that relevant?
See my previous posts.

But you're relying on Trump to give YOU information? No bias there?
Yes I'm relying on him and yes there is bias. That being said, a first party source is generally more reliable than the media. Again, I don't care about his returns and there is no way you are going to convince me it's relevant to my life. Same goes for people who think that Hilary's missing emails are relevant to my life.

The point seems to be that if they don't personally dig through the returns they shouldn't be complaining in the first place. Did I misunderstand?
Nope, you understood correctly.

Wasn't talking about Hillary. Try again.

So secretive aren't we... Regardless - how was that gif demonizing anyone? Care to share? Or will the mere thought of a little laughing gif drum up too many bad emotions and hurt feelings? If you need a quick trip to your safe space to poast about it... by all means, go ahead.

Reactions: UNC71-00
My definition of fair is that everyone pays the same percentage of their taxable income as anyone else.Why should someone be penalized for working harde and being successful

It definitely is quite strange that some people like to disincentivize people from working hard. Especially when their platform relies on taking the money from those who care to work in order to give it to those who don't.

Including a net operating loss of 916 MILLION DOLLARS in 1995. That's the kind of experience our economy doesn't need.
apparently it is the way our economy has been operating the last 7+ years and that is how you get 18 trillion dollars debt that was only about 8 trillion when Odumbo took over. You need to pay better attention so maybe you won't be a low info voter.

Fighting for equal rights for everyone is not "endorsing a race war." Thanks for the hyperbole.
so what is equal rights? Some people charging a policeman like a bull and not expecting to be harmed? The right to burn and loot without reprisal? Same tired old libtard rhetoric recycled over and over.

so what is equal rights? Some people charging a policeman like a bull and not expecting to be harmed? The right to burn and loot without reprisal? Same tired old libtard rhetoric recycled over and over.

No, those crimes aren't examples of equal rights. Right or wrong, they are frustrations being acted out by those who believe they are being slighted by society. Are you really too dumb to make the distinction?

It doesn't matter to me if they are right or wrong, and I seriously doubt it matters to them if some Republican cracker with his head up his ass disagrees with their cause.

apparently it is the way our economy has been operating the last 7+ years and that is how you get 18 trillion dollars debt that was only about 8 trillion when Odumbo took over. You need to pay better attention so maybe you won't be a low info voter.

You do realize it headed south - waaaaay south - under...uhhhh...bush, right? And every deficit from 2009 to 2015 has been smaller than the one before it, right? And the debt-to-GDP ratio is now lower than the 50 year average? You know all that, right? So where were YOU when bush and a GOP Congress "crashed the economy"? Where were YOU when conservative icon Reagan TRIPLED the debt in his eight years?And don't try to lay that on Congress - seven of the eight budgets passed during Reagan's two terms were smaller than those Reagan proposed.

You need to pay better attention so maybe you won't be a no-info voter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT