ADVERTISEMENT

Wow at GaTech....

Last I looked I think this one had a lot to do with FSU shooting 17% from field.... I haven't watched a minute of it just looked at score

FSU couldn't hit the damn backboard half the time. Worst shooting performance I've seen in a long time.

Incredible. Feeling better and better about our chances in this conference. Let's go Heels!!

Good for us on many levels.

And UCLA is losing by 10 with 12 mins left in their game with USC. The way things are going, if we win our next 2 games, we might be #1 on Monday.

So now we have the #1, #2, #4, #6 and #8 teams with losses this week. Jeez, that's insanity!

At this moment, It's tough to tell if we'll even crack the top 5, even if we win our next two. We'd need a few other teams to lose/win honestly.

Certainly is raining chaos around the College Basketball nation. Hopefully the Heels don't catch any of it. :cool:

Come on. Our fans are too smart to make that statement.

I was one of those that said they were the worse team in the conference. I'll own up to it. The Bad News Bears even had their day. I still feel that are the worst collection of talent in the league. Their coach is doing at good job.
Come on. Our fans are too smart to make that statement.

Arch, I'm guilty. I think they have the worse talent in the league and I have stated so. On the other hand, the ACC is the best conference in the country. I look at the talent on Georgia Tech and just can't convince myself that they have better talent than any other ACC team. Their coach is doing a good job. I may be alone on an island with my thoughts at this juncture. Both UNC and Florida State had their worst shooting games of the season and several of the UNC players were sick with the flu for that game.:(

Last edited:
Well, I'd agree that they're one of the least talented teams. And I said when they beat us they they had the best coach they've had since Bobby Cremins. Pastner is a very good young coach and GT will never be easy to beat while he's there. And when you look at the more talented teams that are trailing them in the conference(dook, MIA, State, Wake, and Pitt), you have to say he's doing a great job so far.He has a great school to sell and when he gets some more talent there, they'll be conference contenders. I believe he's only in his late thirties too.

It is insanity I tell ya, straight insanity!

As someone mentioned, hard not to see Pastner as the leader for ACC COY, Pitino is really getting his team to play as well but Pastner is getting it done with a good bit less talent. I as well saw GT as contending with BC for the cellar of the ACC but those kids are a scrappy bunch. Hard not to see lammers as the most improved player in the ACC, maybe even in the country and that freshman "O" is making a strong case for Frosh of the year in the ACC
and is not anywhere close to being the most talented freshman in the ACC, he is just playing better than the majority if not all the rest. That is a very strong indication of coaching if I am being honest, Pastner could be the new K for this generation of coaches...

And this is typical Hamilton, all that talent and team that plays way up to strong teams and lays an egg vs teams they should destroy?

It is insanity I tell ya, straight insanity!

As someone mentioned, hard not to see Pastner as the leader for ACC COY, Pitino is really getting his team to play as well but Pastner is getting it done with a good bit less talent. I as well saw GT as contending with BC for the cellar of the ACC but those kids are a scrappy bunch. Hard not to see lammers as the most improved player in the ACC, maybe even in the country and that freshman "O" is making a strong case for Frosh of the year in the ACC
and is not anywhere close to being the most talented freshman in the ACC, he is just playing better than the majority if not all the rest. That is a very strong indication of coaching if I am being honest, Pastner could be the new K for this generation of coaches...

And this is typical Hamilton, all that talent and team that plays way up to strong teams and lays an egg vs teams they should destroy?
Credit to Pastner for utilizing changing defenses and doing a good job especially with their 1-3-1. The other side of that is that they play a lot like Louisville on that end, i.e. they reach and foul --- a LOT --- and if they get away with it they can be very pesky.

Offensively they don't scare anybody but they are playing with confidence, and if you let them stay in a game they are dangerous enough (as we saw first hand) to upset a talented team. That being said we shouldn't have laid such an egg down there. Illness hangovers notwithstanding, with some more intensity we still should have survived that . Kills me because we should be 19-2 (6-0) right about now :mad:.

Does our loss now against GT look as bad after they defeated FSU this week?

Yes they have lil to no talent but ON PAPER GT downing another top 25 team certainly helps our case and smudges the horrible blemish that once was the GT loss some weeks back!

Reactions: Archer2
Credit to Pastner for utilizing changing defenses and doing a good job especially with their 1-3-1. The other side of that is that they play a lot like Louisville on that end, i.e. they reach and foul --- a LOT --- and if they get away with it they can be very pesky.

Offensively they don't scare anybody but they are playing with confidence, and if you let them stay in a game they are dangerous enough (as we saw first hand) to upset a talented team. That being said we shouldn't have laid such an egg down there. Illness hangovers notwithstanding, with some more intensity we still should have survived that . Kills me because we should be 19-2 (6-0) right about now :mad:.

My only contention to that would be (and it could easily be disputed I'm sure) that I feel like we don't win at Clemson without the Ga Tech wake up call. I think we were coming out of that road trip 1-1 regardless, so I think our record would be the same even if we'd won in Atlanta. I'm sure there are other valid points of view, that's just mine.

Does our loss now against GT look as bad after they defeated FSU this week?

Yes they have lil to no talent but ON PAPER GT downing another top 25 team certainly helps our case and smudges the horrible blemish that once was the GT loss some weeks back!
It looks as much better as our FSU win looks worse.

Those things don't really matter when you play them both.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I guess everyone who felt Georgia Tech even at home was the worse team in the ACC may have to take a second look.

I told some friends at the beginning of the season that the Yellowjackets seemed to have made another bone head choice in terms of selecting a Head Coach, and that they looked like they would be ACC Cellar dwellers for a while....Boy, was I wrong!...And to think, their leading scorer for the game last night was a freshman who lit the Noles up for 35 points....Guess Pastner wasn't such a bad choice afterall !

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT