ADVERTISEMENT

Wut's 4 Lunch . .

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
Anyone going out for a tasty Philly Cheesesteak . . ?

philly-cheese-steak.jpg

I wish. The wife and I are starting the keto diet today:(

I had to look that diet up as I've not heard of it . . doesn't look too bad. Good luck on the diet, it's great that you two are doing it together.

Just received a call from the Doc's office 10 minutes ago, had a physical on Friday, and they were calling to notify me of the lab results, all the numbers were very good, with only a very slight elevation in a normal cholesterol #s.

My health report wasn't that great 2 years back . . so, I quit the drinking, consumption of red meat, pork and limited any sugar intake to a bare minimum. Started walking daily last April (I'm up to 6 miles Mon thru Sat) and lost 110 pounds . . and got to 197 right before Turkey day, 2017. My energy level skyrocketed as the weight came off . . took myself off of the BP & cholesterol meds because of the weight loss . . and started sipping wine. I do miss my bread tho and rarely eat a sammich or hoagie these days.

I had to look that diet up as I've not heard of it . . doesn't look too bad. Good luck on the diet, it's great that you two are doing it together.

Just received a call from the Doc's office 10 minutes ago, had a physical on Friday, and they were calling to notify me of the lab results, all the numbers were very good, with only a very slight elevation in a normal cholesterol #s.

My health report wasn't that great 2 years back . . so, I quit the drinking, consumption of red meat, pork and limited any sugar intake to a bare minimum. Started walking daily last April (I'm up to 6 miles Mon thru Sat) and lost 110 pounds . . and got to 197 right before Turkey day, 2017. My energy level skyrocketed as the weight came off . . took myself off of the BP & cholesterol meds because of the weight loss . . and started sipping wine. I do miss my bread tho and rarely eat a sammich or hoagie these days.
Yeah my BP keeps creeping up. I'm on 3 BP meds. I got a CPAP machine just before Christmas and my doc thinks that will help the BP. He also recommended losing 10-15lbs so I'll try that.

Reactions: BillyL
I just read up on that keto diet. It didn't sound too bad until it said to limit tomatoes and onions. Those are two my favorite vegetables, so a big GFY to the keto diet. Also, I don't agree with any diet that says you can't eat fruit. I mean, of course you can't make a full meal out of fruit or anything, but fruit is healthy as hell. To each, his own, though.

I had a cheesesteak for lunch the day of the NFC title game, and then we had soup at church yesterday for lunch (Soup-er Bowl) so I was afraid I jinxed the Eagles, but apparently not. I might go for one today

I just read up on that keto diet. It didn't sound too bad until it said to limit tomatoes and onions. Those are two my favorite vegetables, so a big GFY to the keto diet. Also, I don't agree with any diet that says you can't eat fruit. I mean, of course you can't make a full meal out of fruit or anything, but fruit is healthy as hell. To each, his own, though.
I love those too. You are supposed to stay at or below 30g of carbs so I guess just limit those a little. Like tonight I will saute some smoked sausage with cabbage, I'll and a little onion as well.

Didn't want to start a new thread, and don't mean to derail this one but since this was the remaining thread of the day: my parody thread was victim to the drug thread purge. Oh well.

New BBQ place in Goldsboro Billy. Supposed to be good. You may want to try it after Wilburs. "Bread of Heaven"

Had to look it up, NCT . . food gets some pretty good reviews . . looks as if the only complaint is they serve it on paper plates with plastic utensils.

I want to try McCalls next time I'm down in NC . . and Skylight is on my 'bucket list'. I may be headed down in 2 weeks for a wknd.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Had to look it up, NCT . . food gets some pretty good reviews . . looks as if the only complaint is they serve it on paper plates with plastic utensils.

I want to try McCalls next time I'm down in NC . . and Skylight is on my 'bucket list'. I may be headed down in 2 weeks for a wknd.

Thanks for the heads-up.
If you go on a Saturday you need to check out Stonewall's. You won't be disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT