ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday's News: Melania Trump reveals plan to leverage presidency to ink ‘multi-million dollar’

Heels Noir

Hall of Famer
Jul 27, 2013
"In a lawsuit filed today, First Lady Melania Trump revealed her intention to leverage the presidency to ink new “licensing, branding, and endorsement” deals worth many millions of dollars. In the filing, Melania Trump’s lawyer described the position of First Lady as a 'once-in-a-lifetime' money making opportunity. She told the court she intended to pursue deals in 'apparel, accessories, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, hair care, skin care, and fragrance.'”

Money whore.

https://thinkprogress.org/melania-t...lar-endorsement-deals-1999314fb8f1#.u943qxi9g

Last edited:
"In a lawsuit filed today, First Lady Melania Trump revealed her intention to leverage the presidency to ink new “licensing, branding, and endorsement” deals worth many millions of dollars. In the filing, Melania Trump’s lawyer described the position of First Lady as a 'once-in-a-lifetime' money making opportunity. She told the court she intended to pursue deals in 'apparel, accessories, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, hair care, skin care, and fragrance.'”

Money whore.

https://thinkprogress.org/melania-t...lar-endorsement-deals-1999314fb8f1#.u943qxi9g
So what you're saying is you don't know how a defamation lawsuit works.

So what you're saying is you don't know how a defamation lawsuit works.
Sure, even for someone without any formal study of law I know generally how a defamation lawsuit works. I also know President Trump and the First Lady seem intent on exploiting their positions to reap financial rewards, which is what the article and this thread is all about.

Sure, even for someone without any formal study of law I know generally how a defamation lawsuit works. I also know President Trump and the First Lady seem intent on exploiting their positions to reap financial rewards, which is what the article and this thread is all about.

Obama's net worth from the time he entered public service until now grew approximately 3000%.- pre senate- about 400K. Now 12.1 million.

I'm not worried about this for either Trump or Obama.

I love how the Dems have warped people into thinking making money and being rich is a BAD thing.

Well, making money and being rich is great - as long as you give it away to people who don't want to strive to make money.

I remember liberals ripping on conservatives for trying to find anything, no matter how minute, to twist into a bash of Obama. Looks like that has now come full circle.

The article is extremely misleading. The lawsuit was filed in response to an unsubstantiated rumor that was reported by some rag "news" outlet. When you file a defamation lawsuit you list anything that you can possibly make money on. You say that you are going to do it for legal purposes, but that doesn't mean that she actually will. The story reads as if it was already her intent to do all of those things so they can make her look bad.

ETA: I don't recall you getting upset about Michelle making money while she was the first lady. Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Obama's net worth from the time he entered public service until now grew approximately 3000%.- pre senate- about 400K. Now 12.1 million.
If you want to accuse Obama of exploitation for book royalties he earned over the past eight years -- in many cases for books he penned before becoming president -- have at it. Otherwise, he has built his current wealth through investments and his salary while in office. And of course there was the $1.4 million in 2009 for winning the Nobel Peace Prize (which he donated to charity).

The article is extremely misleading.

Hmm, I wonder why, when the description of the site it's posted on is:

ThinkProgress is a news site dedicated to providing our readers with rigorous reporting and analysis from a progressive perspective. Founded in 2005, ThinkProgress is an editorially independent project of the Center for American Progress Action Fund.

ETA: I don't recall you getting upset about Michelle making money while she was the first lady. Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Precisely.

I give Nuke the benefit of the doubt sometimes because I believe he has served our country through the armed forces if I'm not mistaken.
Who do you think you're fooling? You give Nuk the benefit of the doubt because his political views are consistent with your own.

If you want to accuse Obama of exploitation for book royalties he earned over the past eight years -- in many cases for books he penned before becoming president -- have at it. Otherwise, he has built his current wealth through investments and his salary while in office. And of course there was the $1.4 million in 2009 for winning the Nobel Peace Prize (which he donated to charity).

Book money is legal grafting- all of the purchases come from lobbyists. This is true regardless the political affiliation of the author.

My point is that all politicians leverage their office for personal gain.

I wish there were some way to put a stop to it and I don't like it IF the Trumps are doing this. But it's not high on my list of things that get me agitated.

If Trump were money-hungry, do you think he would have chosen to not take a salary as POTUS?

Just curious.

Reactions: nctransplant
If Trump were money-hungry, do you think he would have chosen to not take a salary as POTUS?

Just curious.

Money hungry and taking advantages of opportunities are not mutually exclusive.

The Clintons are money hungry whereas Obama is an opportunist.

Reactions: nctransplant
Money hungry and taking advantages of opportunities are not mutually exclusive.

The Clintons are money hungry whereas Obama is an opportunist.

Money is still worth the same, regardless of the motivation.

And speaking of money, how in the hell does someone that does not work get $1000's of dollars back in taxes? Chick down the street was bragging about all the ish she's buying with her tax refund. I'm thinking damn, I teach and I owe the fed. Probably shouldn't have said "Chick", "a female down the street"

Reactions: UNC71-00

Just curious.
Donald Trump isn't money hungry? What rock are you living under? He is declining his presidential salary to fool people like you into thinking he's some sort of saint. And look, it's working!

"Donald Trump's Florida resort Mar-a-Lago has been accused of cashing in on his presidential victory.

"On Jan. 1, the resort doubled its initiation fee to $200,000, people close to the resort first told CNBC. The resort, which is owned by the Trump Organization, has allegedly been considering an increase since before the election. The initiation fee has been $100,000 since 2012.

"But, CNBC reports, the overall cost to be a member at Mar-a-Lago is actually more than $200,000 thanks to an additional $14,000 members pay in annual dues—plus tax."
http://fortune.com/2017/01/25/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-fee/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT