ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday's News: Melania Trump reveals plan to leverage presidency to ink ‘multi-million dollar’

So Donald Trump isn't money hungry? What rock are you living under?

"Donald Trump's Florida resort Mar-a-Lago has been accused of cashing in on his presidential victory.

"On Jan. 1, the resort doubled its initiation fee to $200,000, people close to the resort first told CNBC. The resort, which is owned by the Trump Organization, has allegedly been considering an increase since before the election. The initiation fee has been $100,000 since 2012.

"But, CNBC reports, the overall cost to be a member at Mar-a-Lago is actually more than $200,000 thanks to an additional $14,000 members pay in annual dues—plus tax."
http://fortune.com/2017/01/25/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-fee/
You mad Bro? I want in on some of that action too.

Donald Trump isn't money hungry? What rock are you living under? He is declining his presidential salary to fool people like you into thinking he's some sort of saint. And look, it's working!

"Donald Trump's Florida resort Mar-a-Lago has been accused of cashing in on his presidential victory.

"On Jan. 1, the resort doubled its initiation fee to $200,000, people close to the resort first told CNBC. The resort, which is owned by the Trump Organization, has allegedly been considering an increase since before the election. The initiation fee has been $100,000 since 2012.

"But, CNBC reports, the overall cost to be a member at Mar-a-Lago is actually more than $200,000 thanks to an additional $14,000 members pay in annual dues—plus tax."

What is wrong with taking advantage of a value-increasing asset?

You know how you stop it -- when memberships decline. Supply / Demand is a powerful thing. Not everyone lives in the "Gimme a handout" world.

Reactions: nctransplant
Donald Trump isn't money hungry? What rock are you living under? He is declining his presidential salary to fool people like you into thinking he's some sort of saint. And look, it's working!

Seriously? Lol. I'd say a membership fee anywhere that has been unchanged for 5 years is due for a raise. The quotes you poasted even say that the resort had been considering the increase since before the election. What makes you think there wouldn't have been an increase had he not been elected? What makes you think that he's netted more members as a result of being President? Hell - I'd assume he would be net negative on members given the propensity for his detractors to boycott everything Trump.

You think he's making more money on his hotels now that he's President? All I've heard about are the scores of people (including professional sports teams) who plan to never stay at a Trump hotel again as a result of him being President.

Seriously? Lol. I'd say a membership fee anywhere that has been unchanged for 5 years is due for a raise. The quotes you poasted even say that the resort had been considering the increase since before the election. What makes you think there wouldn't have been an increase had he not been elected? What makes you think that he's netted more members as a result of being President? Hell - I'd assume he would be net negative on members given the propensity for his detractors to boycott everything Trump.

You think he's making more money on his hotels now that he's President? All I've heard about are the scores of people (including professional sports teams) who plan to never stay at a Trump hotel again as a result of him being President.
It's called selective reading. Just disregard the parts you don't like.

Context. Some still have yet to learn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT